Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In your opinion which MMO has the best GAMEPLAY ?

Comments

• afroburzingafroburzing Member Posts: 71

for me, eve online.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

going on pure combat gameplay and not considering content, community, or anything els, it is definitely wow IMO. wow is the most polished and fluid gameplay i have yet seen in any mmog.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by baphamet

going on pure combat gameplay and not considering content, community, or anything els, it is definitely wow IMO. wow is the most polished and fluid gameplay i have yet seen in any mmog.

3 second fights are kinda lame....  Plus combat should have some sorta player skill rather than hitting 3 buttons in a fight and winning (or losing),  Oh and crowd control ruins pvp.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

When talking combat, I have yet to feel the rush in any game like I did when playing a jedi in SWG...pvp or pve was awesome before CU/NGE.....I was truly hooked on Jedi....maybe it was the thrill of knowing you could lose your jedi to perma death...idk..I just loved the combat pvp or pve....

When it comes to PVP any game that is a first person shooter takes the gold for me as real pvp has always been those game which you control the combat (twitch based) and not some predefined set of rules and roll of a die.   So planetside has to be tops for combat...but america's army is or was (haven't played it in a year) awesome as well....in fact america's army was so good with combat that I had to make my first clan ....I haven't had the desire to make a clan in another game since.  I guess I like AA because it's combat is more like real life....that soldier experience is surreal indeed.

In all fairness, I have yet to play wow.  everytime i go to download and play it, something either stops me or something else gets my attention.....so it's hard to say what game has the "OVERALL" best gameplay since there are many games I haven't played yet.

When it comes to crafting side of things, AO might be nice, but there was nothing like SWG crafting in it's early years....that game made you feel like you truly were making something from scratch being how you had to find/harvest most of the ingredients and do other such things besides just putting a couple parts together that you bought somewhere.....

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

I know WoW is roundly hated by the "old time" MMO players who inhabit these parts, but the gameplay is remarkably fluid, and the interface is easy to use and intuitive.

I think part of this has to do with Blizz distilling down (and yes, that can be seen as dumbing down) a lot of gameplay elements.  The achievement is taking a lot of other's ideas and polishing them up, taking out the bugs, and firmly decididng that what they're putting together is a game, not a virtual reality, and sticking to their guns on that in their design and sustainment philosophy.  WoW is the ultimate 2nd generation MMO.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• KruugarKruugar Member Posts: 43

I'd have to say WoW, althought I'm not entirely in love that that game...

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574

WoWs combat was actually a big step to making the classes more interactive in combat.  I agree that it doesn't do a whole lot with group combat beyond the norm, but they did add a lot more abilities for the different classes and also added a reactive system where you counter one spell with another.  It make the melee classes a more more interesting to play then in EQ.  As said moving around and interacting with the environment is very smooth compared with other games in the genre.  FFXI may have better group combat, but it's awkward to use without a controller do to being made for the PS2. 

• davidoffbeatdavidoffbeat Member Posts: 13

Lineage 2, the similar but different classes were fun, as well as the pvp castle sieges. Castle sieges are going to pretty much be a regular thing now and I think it's due to the amount of  fun/planning/strategy in the l2 sieges, and most people don't like the grind fest, but why not? Who the hell wants to get to the max lvl and do repetitive raiding?

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

hard to say because pretty much every mmo has the SAME gameplay

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

Most Enjoyed Gameplay - Ultima Online -  No game has drawn me in like UO did.  My sleep revolved around checking my mining macro's,  and Reagent Runs in moonglow.   From the moment I woke, to the moment I went to bed UO was on my mind.  I organised my entire world around this game.   I was young and able to do it,  Living at home with Mom; Life Was GOOOD!

2nd - World of Warcraft - Was DEFINITLY fun up until BC.  IT was too boring at that point.  The persistant world didn't offer enough variety for me to enjoy.  Player housing, and a more obtainable crafting system.   I like crafting systems that require time, not HELP to achieve.   I don't want to rely on a guild to take me through dungeons to get my materials.

• deedelechachdeedelechach Member Posts: 64

It's nice to hear that some people did actually enjoy WoW at one point. I was beginning to think this whole community was in denial.

My choices would have to be Ultima or WoW. Ultima was just a great game, especially for being one of the first mmos ever.

WoW kinda took a page from everyones book and created a pretty darn good game. I would never say it was a original game but it kept my interest for over a year, which is more than i can say for any other mmo, other than UO and DAoC.

Currently Playing : WAR, UO, RL :p

• JenneroflokJenneroflok Member Posts: 126

Crafting, I would Say SWG pre CU.  it rewarded players that that were dedicated to their craft,

Overall,  UO Pre Trammel.

Pvp Worl of War craft battle Grounds, Especial the Level 10-19 Twink Battegroiunds.,  I loved playing my level 19 twink warlaock

• DaruleDarule Member Posts: 39

I'd go with WOW.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Well my question was only game play. Not community, skills, balance or whatnot.

WOW at least by people oppinion here wins by far.

To bad not many people tried COH/COV. The game itself might be repetitive ( which is entirely to blame on very bad design decision )

But the combat system is probably the most fun i had in any MMO. It so much reminds of console beat them ups

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

I'll toss in my vote for City of Heroes/Villains. I love all the awesome animation, variety of fighting styles in groups, and the easy pick up and go gameplay. Now if only missions were only more interesting

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

You cant have objective opinions on these boards these days anymore, millions play wow so they always will win with topicson who is best ,and  that wow is best, nomatter how hard you try convince them there just to many of these wow fanbois:(

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• rishakirishaki Member Posts: 181

Lineage2 , had it all.

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203

Vanguard before the xp crying began and before that lineage 2.

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

WoW has good gameplay and by that I mean controls and moving around.

• mehoronmehoron Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Aguitha

Originally posted by DarkerFate

I'm going to have to say EvE, even though I don't play it anymore.

You got to be kidding.  That post is about the best gameplay and you choose EVE ?!?!  A game we're raising skill is about waiting for days in real life ?

Woah lad, your stirring up the hive. Eve is not centered around skills 100% like other MMORPGs it's more based around Economy or money. Battleship skills get you nowhere unelss you have the 100mill to buy the actual Battleship. Not to mention PVP is breathtaking. Your corp(guild), gets to own (REALLY OWN) constellations and star systems. There is constant war, looting, plundering and killing. Plus the geometry and math heavy combat system requires good piloting ,not just click a few buttons and auto attack.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

depends what you define as gameplay I suppose. Is a rpg gameplay format less valid a gameplay format than a fps? Rpg gameplay-wise I enjoyed some mmorpgs more than others, fps gameplay-wise I'd say I enjoyed WoW battlegrounds(taboo point!!). Generally though, I do think I find better gameplay outside of mmorpgs, which I hope one day may perhaps mix. Planetside is a sort of a start but it was ultimately naff from my perspective.

I define gameplay like

Games like Frogger or Pac-Man have great gameplay , or Super Mario

Or how you can always say that Half-Life 2 is a great game , but in terms of pure gameplay Serious Sam just beats it in fun part.

So ... not deepnes, just pure fun factor -

Let say , if you fight one single group of mob - is this a boring but necesarry step - in otherwise great game

• socomplaya12socomplaya12 Member Posts: 6

I think WoW has the best gameplay because in most mmo's you dont have the option of jumping.

at first WoW is boring but when u hit lvl 56 and get burning crusade it gets better and the pvp is better then

any other game I' ve played.

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

Pure fun, EvE still wins hands down for me.

Flying around a slow Battleship in a small Interceptor, and flying at about 600m/s - 1km/s(that'd be 3600 kmph) while avoiding the large turrets slow turning speed.  Of course, it'd take you forever to take a battleship down, but man... was it ever exciting.

The only reason I stopped playing EvE was because my friends stopped playing as much as they did, so my need for a community sought other games.  And there, CoH and WoW won me over.

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

Originally posted by DarkerFate

Pure fun, EvE still wins hands down for me.
    Flying around a slow Battleship in a small Interceptor, and flying at about 600m/s - 1km/s(that'd be 3600 kmph) while avoiding the large turrets slow turning speed.  Of course, it'd take you forever to take a battleship down, but man... was it ever exciting.
    The only reason I stopped playing EvE was because my friends stopped playing as much as they did, so my need for a community sought other games.  And there, CoH and WoW won me over.

But mate...dont you kind of use AUTOPILOT to fly around these targets?

Not trying to put you down.... just it is not really as active as it might sound