Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Best Online Game of the Show

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Congratulations to Funcom who announced today that Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures has won 'Best Online Game of the Show' at the Games Convention in Leipzig.

Durham, USA - August 24th, 2007 - Funcom and Eidos' highly anticipated massively multiplayer online game 'Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures' has been awarded the prestigious, official 'Best Online Game of the Show' award at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany. The trade show is one of the largest gaming conventions in the world and by far the largest in Europe, with all of the major upcoming game titles represented.

The award was won in competition with online games from all genres and across all platforms, and was presented by a jury consisting of gaming industry press and mainstream press.

Funcom and Eidos are also very proud to have won the OMEGA award for "Best Online Game", presented by a German online games magazine association made up of the most important gaming media in Germany; including two of the largest gaming web sites. Other nominees for this award included: 'Warhammer Online', 'Hellgate: London' and 'Unreal Tournament 3'.

"This is a great honor to everyone working on 'Age of Conan'," says Funcom CEO Trond Arne Aas. "These awards really show that our massive efforts are paying off and that the public, the press and the industry are recognizing the very strong qualities of the game."

Read the full article here.

Comments

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450

*swoosh*

• TwohededboyTwohededboy Member Posts: 200

Awsome! Glad to see this.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

From everything thats happened lately (the delay) this is great news and justly deserved from what we have seen out of the show so far.

I would expect some high quality official videos of events next week.

Finally we saw some PvP!!!

Age of Conan’ is heavily represented at this year’s Games Convention. The game is being shown in the Microsoft area, the Eidos area and behind closed doors to select press. Funcom is showing all new content, including player-versus-player sieges and mini-games.

Siege warfare and player-versus-player battles are some of the most anticipated features in ‘Age of Conan’,” says Game Director Gaute Godager. “We recognize the tremendous importance that Games Convention has in the industry and that is why we chose this to be the arena for first showing off these features, letting gamers play player-versus-player for the first time.”

Oh yea!!!

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Grats to Funcom for winning Best Online Game of Show from both the GC itself and by Online Press. :)

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

grats to funcom...  I still haven't seen the type of footage I want.  Hopefully we will see some really cool stuff soon.

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348

I took this image earlier today... but they didn't let me touch it.

They guy holding it was giving the interview, but I'm ashamed to admit, I forget his name (even after talking to him here in the hotel tonight) I guess that's why Jon handles all that stuff and I take pictures.

• I think AmaxingAvery has made a post on this allready, but its really stupid to give best of show to a game that hasent even been released. 

Originally posted by skywisenight

I took this image earlier today... but they didn't let me touch it.
    They guy holding it was giving the interview, but I'm ashamed to admit, I forget his name (even after talking to him here in the hotel tonight) I guess that's why Jon handles all that stuff and I take pictures.

The name of the developer / Product Manager collecting the award is Erling Ellingson A.k.A Lord Orion on the official forums.

Gratz to Funcom for their efforts.

Hey skywisenight you didn't happen to experience the game or video it?

Interview and seige info with him can be seen here too:

http://www.gamona.de/video/detail/id-gamona_on_tour_interview_mit_erling_elli_204368.htm

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

Any gameworld that has a drinking establishment named "The Thirsty Dog" gets my vote.  

Yarr! ...  er i mean CROM!

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by Muirin

I think AmaxingAvery has made a post on this allready, but its really stupid to give best of show to a game that hasent even been released. 

So which game, in your opinion, must be the one to own the prize?

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Nice for AoC, but what I really would like to know what where the reasons for the jury to decide this was the best game. Not that it really matters. I am gonna decide for myself after the game has been released, not before, but still, would have been nice to see what professionals have to say about this game as shown at the GC.

--
    Delanor

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by judgebeo

Originally posted by Muirin

I think AmaxingAvery has made a post on this allready, but its really stupid to give best of show to a game that hasent even been released. 

So which game, in your opinion, must be the one to own the prize?

Any which has actually been RELEASED

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• chrimwinsterchrimwinster Member Posts: 45

Just crazy - how can u win an award mnths before release.

Perhaps the judges have been promised front of the que at the npc sex buff )

Chrimwinster