Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(WHO STILL PLAYS TIBIA OR USED TO)

fiit11fiit11 Member Posts: 42

Is tibia still good, cause it was one of the first mmorpg ever made

You will live in darkness u will die in darkness.

Life as we know it is in darkness u just image
Which FF Character Are You?
dont know it.

Comments

• vacoyvacoy Member Posts: 7
    Yes I still play tibia.

Tibia is one of the oldest and one of the first mmoprg's still online.

The graphics sucks, but the gameplay is still one of the best.

all new games with their  "great" graphics have a fucked up gameplay but tibia with crappy graphics is yust the best!

I advice tibia to all gamers around here looking for something funny.

it's yust funny :P
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    I used to play Tibia. and Imo, Worse then its graphics is the poorly thought out Gameplay.  Its gameplay is by far the worst I have ever seen. The world lacks monsters. in fact, there is a serious lack of monsters in the game. You will spend more time actually looking for something to kill then to actually kill it. Because of the lack of monsters, you will get killstealed most of the time. You can consider yourself lucky if you actually happen to kill something without getting killstealed. People will do anything to get your kill. They can even drag your character away from the mob. Yes, Cipsoft thought it was a good idea to let other people drag your character away from the mob so they can kill it, but you can do the same to them. what happens is a lot kids dragging each others character away, screaming "OMG MY KIL NOOB!".

The community is by far one of the worst I have ever seen. Because most people playing the game are freeloaders, you will see a large amount of 12 ~ 14 year old kids playing the game. The worst part is that a significant large part of the community are from Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and Brasil, and many of them don't speak a word english.

The funny part is the PK system. the game has full open PVP, your free to kill anyone you please, and the game has playerlooting. Getting PK'd usually means you lose DAYS, if not weeks worth of effort. Not to mention that, unless your playing on a PVP enforced server, you will be BANNED if you PK too much. yay for Cipsoft!

all in all, Tibia is a horrible game. stay far away from it.
  • stickmstickm Member Posts: 219

When i tired tibia the first thing that got me angry was the draggin stuff.. sometimes you be trying to buy torches in the noob city from the store guy and someone would drag you out of the store so you couldn't buy it and they would get the chance to talk. (only one person can talk to a store manager at a time)

Course this led to griefers sitting in town and dragging you all around not letting you do anything until basically you are forced to pretend your AFK so they leave you alone after 10 min.

Then theres the people who lure noobs down holes without ropes and leave them there... had that happen to me once and i didn't know ropes existed. I oculdn't even kill myself cause there were no creatures down the hole.

Once I got off noob island i came to this lake area near a bank.... tons of people around... but something was strange! they were all AFK! they were all afk just hitting eachother and casting spells on eachother to raise their skills. LAME LAME LAME!

After i saw afk lvling i instantly quit... i cannot play a game like that. I do not care about graphics or anceint GUI/control systems but i cant stand macroers.

• It doesn't sound like any of you played the game for more than 5 minutes. It has its good and bad points. Mostly bad, but please don't bash the game, it is older than most of you.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by nethaniah

It doesn't sound like any of you played the game for more than 5 minutes. It has its good and bad points. Mostly bad, but please don't bash the game, it is older than most of you.
    2 months should be enough to judge the game, no? Being old is no excuse. its an mmorpg, They could have updated the gameplay mechanics.
  • They updated the mechanics to Star Wars galaxies and Ultima online. That worked out well.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688
    Tibia was great, one of the best games i have ever played.

FFA with full loot...ahh, how i miss those days! What a rush.

I remember being able to tame dragons as pets, bring them into town and release havok on the entire server. Taking over and trying to hold the only bank in the game - hunting down the highest level's in the game for the right price.

I stopped playing when they put in the newby areas, safe zones, and started charging for different servers etc...

It was GREAT fun while it lasted though.

It doesn't sound like any of you played the game for more than 5 minutes. It has its good and bad points. Mostly bad, but please don't bash the game, it is older than most of you.
    I played for about 2 weeks tyvm. And im pretty positive im older then you so dont play the age card.
  • Wow! two weeks! that's a very long period of time! I'm sorry, I was completely wrong. You obviously played the game for very long.

Wow! two weeks! that's a very long period of time! I'm sorry, I was completely wrong. You obviously played the game for very long.

2 weeks is long enough to realise that there is no point in playing the game. What do i have to look forward to in this game? Endless grinding. There is no visible clan community or anything. There is nothing to play for, no objectives WHATSOVER.

• no visible community!!! don't make me laugh, look at the Tibia forums for 5 seconds, jackass
  • HuriaHuria Member Posts: 311
    I tried to play the game last night. I am writting a huge research paper on MMO stuff and I just couldn't do it. The click and go is so slow. Interface is nice and all, but after 3 hours I gave up killing rats while reading this site.
  • StraykoStrayko Member Posts: 56
    Well, whatever you do, don't listen to Mr. Gameloading. All he does is bash the game, some kind of natural grudge against games with bad graphics, I guess.

As for your question, Tibia is still one of the most top-notch MMORPG's as far as I know. It has a community system which easily exceeds that of world of warcraft.

There are indeed, a lot of people who mess this game up. Mostly Polish and Brazillian people who don't even speak English, but this has been a problem in a lot of MMORPG's lately. If you manage to get yourself into a group of friends... well then the fun starts.

Be sure to check the game-chat channel for that.

And to the poster above me... 3 hours killing rats? You should get out more. If you kill 40 rats (about 5-10 minutes) you will be level 3, and with the money you got from doing that you can buy yourself equipment to easily take down stronger monsters.

• KomantiKomanti Member Posts: 1
    played, plays and will play tibia, the pvp system is one of the best (until it got destroyed a few updates ago but I still play using the old pvp system )  tibia rocks
  • GotsGots Member Posts: 10

Ive been playing it for 3 years:) The pvp system just roxs, too bad they made knights and pallies too overpowered in this update. But It won't matter to me :) and trust me... It roxs.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

i

• WagrofWagrof Member Posts: 32

I dont think i have to make further comments on graphics, we all know it's way behind time,  but i like the concept that you can develop your character further and further without artificial level caps.

I've been playing lotro for a while, really awsome graphics and absolutely not to compare etc etc.   ... but when i had my loremaster to lvl 50 i returned back to tibia to develop my lvl 124 druid. Maybe because it was my first MMO, but there must be more if you return to a 2d game from a game like lotro: I think awsome graphics and cool effects etc. are nice but don't make you to play the game for years if it has no endgame content.

And that's the good thing about tibia, you can grind on and on and and there are no limits how powerful you can become.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Wagrof

And that's the good thing about tibia, you can grind on and on and and there are no limits how powerful you can become.

Keyword: Grind

....on and on and on.....

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

One thing I've noticed about the Tibia forums here is either your a troll basher and will bash the game till the end or a huge fanboi who will defend it even it's bad qualities till the end and refuse to accept it has it's faults besides bad graphics.

First of I played Tibia for 3  almost 4 years (2001-2004) and had a level 120 EK and a level 101MS and several other misc characters ranging from level 30-80 quit in mid '04 and tried to come back a few times but just couldn't becuase cipsoft was slowly but surely ruining the once great game.

First of all the game does have a few strengths but just as many weaknesses (if not more) as strengths and the overall concept of Tibia does NOT apeal to everyone and alot of fanbois get PO'ed when even the hugest faults of Tibia are pointed out.

The worst thing is game balancing in my opinion and most 'old school' players (people who played before skull system) the game was well balanced then one day CIP decided it wasn't and started their balancing and throwing everything off. I havn't really played during this time alot but I have followed the news and talked with my old friends who still play one update CIP over powers one class then nerfs another when the classes once upon a time were already balanced.

Death penalty anyone under level 75 almost instantly defends the penalty saying it adds to Tibia's uniqueness when players level 75+ about 50% of them IF NOT MORE hate the penalty and think it should in some way be reduced even if it's another set of blessings being added ingame. If your a lower level dying isn't anything even at level 60 you can easily regain your EXP loses in a day if you don't completly suck that is. But once you start getting 100+ even with blessings the amount of experience lose is far to much not to mention that's 100k down the drain (AOL+blessings).

About 1/2 of the higher levels actualy support this about at least 50% don't and the lower levels make it seem as if everyone does -don't listen to them.

Power abuse is absolutly ridiculous on especialy US servers from Brasilians if your american they'll kill you once your above a certain level. German servers experience this too but you can at least find a few that you can become a higher level on without having to worry.

The FFA pvp on normal realms along with guild wars etc is a huge plus becuase it is fun and an adrenilane rush not to mention planning them are fun.....but the PvP penalty is far to high the skull system is needed in a way but the kills for RS and ban should be doubled if not tripled.

These are just some of the things of Tibia coming form an ex player who definitly played for more than a few months.

• StraykoStrayko Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by junerian

One thing I've noticed about the Tibia forums here is either your a troll basher and will bash the game till the end or a huge fanboi who will defend it even it's bad qualities till the end and refuse to accept it has it's faults besides bad graphics.

First of I played Tibia for 3  almost 4 years (2001-2004) and had a level 120 EK and a level 101MS and several other misc characters ranging from level 30-80 quit in mid '04 and tried to come back a few times but just couldn't becuase cipsoft was slowly but surely ruining the once great game.

First of all the game does have a few strengths but just as many weaknesses (if not more) as strengths and the overall concept of Tibia does NOT apeal to everyone and alot of fanbois get PO'ed when even the hugest faults of Tibia are pointed out.

The worst thing is game balancing in my opinion and most 'old school' players (people who played before skull system) the game was well balanced then one day CIP decided it wasn't and started their balancing and throwing everything off. I havn't really played during this time alot but I have followed the news and talked with my old friends who still play one update CIP over powers one class then nerfs another when the classes once upon a time were already balanced.

Death penalty anyone under level 75 almost instantly defends the penalty saying it adds to Tibia's uniqueness when players level 75+ about 50% of them IF NOT MORE hate the penalty and think it should in some way be reduced even if it's another set of blessings being added ingame. If your a lower level dying isn't anything even at level 60 you can easily regain your EXP loses in a day if you don't completly suck that is. But once you start getting 100+ even with blessings the amount of experience lose is far to much not to mention that's 100k down the drain (AOL+blessings).
    About 1/2 of the higher levels actualy support this about at least 50% don't and the lower levels make it seem as if everyone does -don't listen to them.

Power abuse is absolutly ridiculous on especialy US servers from Brasilians if your american they'll kill you once your above a certain level. German servers experience this too but you can at least find a few that you can become a higher level on without having to worry.

The FFA pvp on normal realms along with guild wars etc is a huge plus becuase it is fun and an adrenilane rush not to mention planning them are fun.....but the PvP penalty is far to high the skull system is needed in a way but the kills for RS and ban should be doubled if not tripled.

These are just some of the things of Tibia coming form an ex player who definitly played for more than a few months.

I assume you mean me, with the fanboi statement.

Ofcourse, I love this game and I don't deny that this game has its faults, but I really love the way the whole game is put together.

I don't know what you mean with PvP penalty, I suggest you mean the death penalty, which I think is just absolutely great because that's the reason you'll get those adrenaline rushes. Also, I love the way you can achieve power in the game. Abusing is an option, one chooses to do this or not.

Really, it's all a matter of preference in the end. I just try to convince people of my opinion and try to show some people that there's more to this game than just playing 2D what you could do in 3D.

Yeah, I love promoting the game too.

PS: CipSoft is totally ruining this game. I wonder what they're going to screw us over with this winter.

• junerianjunerian Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Strayko

Originally posted by junerian

I assume you mean me, with the fanboi statement.

Ofcourse, I love this game and I don't deny that this game has its faults, but I really love the way the whole game is put together.

I don't know what you mean with PvP penalty, I suggest you mean the death penalty, which I think is just absolutely great because that's the reason you'll get those adrenaline rushes. Also, I love the way you can achieve power in the game. Abusing is an option, one chooses to do this or not.

Really, it's all a matter of preference in the end. I just try to convince people of my opinion and try to show some people that there's more to this game than just playing 2D what you could do in 3D.

Yeah, I love promoting the game too.

PS: CipSoft is totally ruining this game. I wonder what they're going to screw us over with this winter.

I remember seeing your name...but I didn't really pay attention to who was saying what just reading the messages.

By PvP penalty I mean the skull system and bans. Yes they are needed as pre skull system worked back then but their are far to many players now for that but it needs to be raised badly I say at least double the kills for RS/ban if not triple.

Well honestly everything in this game and I mean everything is in 3D games also but not all gathered into one place like Tibia.

Some like yourself consider that good some consider it bad. I like some of the aspects and hate others.

And about CIP ruining the game I *heard* that the original makers (can't recall the 4 of their names atm besides one of them is named Steven) -also just so you know Guido wasn't one of the original makers he was broughten onto the team before I started playing I think early 2000 or mid '99 he came aboard- don't even make decisions about it anymore they simply let everyone below them do that and as long as the # of premmys stays about the same or goes up they stay happy if they still bothered to call the shots Tibia may not be on the road to pure garbage it is now

Also I'm not saying the PvP system should be changed (being able to have absolute power) my point in pointing it out was actualy to show how poor the community can be. The mid level community is great (20-70) the active ones in game-chat etc but the higher level community and the lower level community is what destroys tibia's community nowadays. I dunno what happened higher levels use to be great but even back when I quit it was slowly going to hell and all I hear (and read aobut it now on the official forums) makes me not want to ever come back even more.

• WilsonassWilsonass Member Posts: 6

Am playing and gona play Tibia long time.... I tryed Lineage 2, it's great graphic game, I like it but I bored after playing 3 weeks..I retired from L2. Everybody just talking about WOW... Ok.. So I tryed and Wow... but then I started to play I said.. WTF?! it looks to me so stupid game... Only good thing I seen in WOW that u can Jump..Retired from WOW... nothing can change Tibia to me...I just love this game.. Saint

• LeCompte19LeCompte19 Member Posts: 9

Obvously I am a tad bit late to this thread but I would love to throw my opinion in there.

I began playing Tibia about five years ago. I did it to chill with my friends late nights or on those crappy days. It was a fun game we played just to pass the time. There were only three of us who ever made it past level 20 and only two people made it past level 30. The ting was, we had fun playing even though we were just being noobs.

From there, I killed off my character pretending to quit, powerleveled a guy from 1-20 in a day then left him there for a few months. I then decided to level him when everyone quit. I made new friends with people all over the world. It was awesome, we were like a family and I still keep in contact with a few of them.

But all good things come to an end. People quit, I had no one, I quit. I ended up coming back just over a year ago due to the fact that I was that bored. While hunting one day, I saw an old friend on and we played together for a few months. We both quit whenthe summer came though.

Forward to today. I currently have a level 42 knight on Chimera. I log on a few times a week and just chat with people. You never know who is going to pop up on there.

So as I was walkign around the other day, a level 45 druid hit me with a SD and took off 205. I thought I read an article on the website saying CIP made the vocs more balanced. Then today, I go to kill a level 20 druid who had killed this one noob who I was showing around. I couldn't do it. A level 42 knight couldn't take down a 20 druid. There is deff a problem withthe voc balancing in this game.

So, if you plan to play this game, stick to a non-pvp server. Trust me, it will prove more fun. Also, play with your friends, but make friends with other players as well. I am a big fan of the Game-Chat and that is where I met most of my friends.