Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: Region Profile, Rata Sum

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

In the second of three features, Guild Wars: Eye of the North and MMORPG.com present this Region Profile on Rata Sum and the Asura, who inhabit it.

The Asura of the Tarnished Coast are a brilliant, if diminutive, people who dwelled, until recently, within the Depths of Tyria, where they regularly dealt with Dwarves, Dredge, and other underground races. However, a dangerous race from even deeper within the world--the Destroyers--overran their subterranean homes, forcing them to the surface. Now, the Asura must learn to survive in a hostile, strange, and all-too-brightly-lit world. Still, the surviving population is of two minds--half of them long for a return to their underground empires, while the other half believe their former lands are lost forever, that their future lies among the strange races of the surface world.

Read the whole article here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• tomariktomarik Member Posts: 28

Gwen Is going to be a amazing expansion for the GW Series. I think it's been long awaited for for an expansion that lets you go on with your level 20's and offers more options (dungeons) besides the constant quest that you do over and over to bet a campaign. I've already pre ordered personally so I can't wait to get playing.

• DamitmanDamitman Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by tomarik

Gwen Is going to be a amazing expansion for the GW Series. I think it's been long awaited for for an expansion that lets you go on with your level 20's and offers more options (dungeons) besides the constant quest that you do over and over to bet a campaign. I've already pre ordered personally so I can't wait to get playing.

Same here! About time for some thing new. I'm  tired of the same old grind.

“They must find it difficult . . .
    Those who have taken authority as the truth,
    Rather then truth as the authority.”
    [url=http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428197983261370913.php][img]http://sig.planetside-universe.com/5428197983261370913.png[/img][/url]

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I agree... it's a shame they didn't do the traditional expansions from the beginning. Though I have to give them credit they tried something different and it was exciting but it didn't work as well as they had hoped. Still with regual actual expansions for GW2 it could be something very great! But yes I'm very excited. :)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Less than 2 weeks we get the sneak peek weekend then it releases the following Friday. The new races look great and definitely looking forward to GW:EN.