Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I was chased by 12 squirrels today

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Yeah at the back of the store I work at..well I called myself helping the environment so I picked up a piece of trash and all of a sudden 12 of these guys ran down a tree so I started running. I was chased by about 8 squirrels when I was a kid (about 8 years old) in a park. They wanted my Peanut Butter sandwich and I cried and ran my way to the Libra. So I kinda knew what this situation was going to turn out to be so I sprint. These squirrels was FAST.  As I was running to the front of the store 2 of them flew on my back. I don't know HOW THEY DID BUT THEY DID.

I managed to get one off, but the other crawled up in my hair (mini fro) so I slapped that one off. I didn't make it far to get to the front so I saw that one of the other stores in the plaza had a guy smoking, holding the door open. He sees me running to him and he sees these squirrels chasing me so he knew what to do. I dashed in, he shut the door. One got his body crushed between the door. Poor thing.

The guy was laughing his balls off. I explained to him the story than went up to the front of the store. I threw the trash I picked up in the garbage. Then as I was walking to my job, 3 of them was looking at me at the top of a small planted tree. I jogged back inside my job and stayed in for about a good hour.

I would have never thought this would happen to me again.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• Just to be on the safe side, before I say anything else, did any of them bite you and break the skin? If so, you might want to see a doctor, they do carry diseases (pretty much rats with bushy tails).

In response, I've also had run-ins with animals I thought pretty innocous. Ever seen an otter in the wild? I was canooing with a friend down a canal, we saw a couple otters on the shore. They took one look at us and began hissing (otters hiss, who knew), and baring their teeth. They started towards the water and we got the hell out of there. I think we were more worried about otters than alligators from then on.

• ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

I agree with Saw, if you got bit, go see a doctor. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't end up gaining squirrel based superpowers in a really lame origin story. (Bitten by a radioactive squirrel, the mild mannered ninja Rikimaru finds himself changing!) Anyways, you should be glad otters don't have quite the same abilities as their relatives, the skunks.

Oh, Ps. My family has a certain affinity with otters, I take that as an insult to my clan. Prepare for war!

• Originally posted by Zikiel

I agree with Saw, if you got bit, go see a doctor. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't end up gaining squirrel based superpowers in a really lame origin story. (Bitten by a radioactive squirrel, the mild mannered ninja Rikimaru finds himself changing!) Anyways, you should be glad otters don't have quite the same abilities as their relatives, the skunks.
    Oh, Ps. My family has a certain affinity with otters, I take that as an insult to my clan. Prepare for war!

Any squirrel-based superpowers would still make you more impressive than Captain Boomerang.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Heh. Well luckily I wasn't bitten. I know that the one on my head was biting my hair though. Crazy little devils.

EDIT

Don't my powers increase everyday I don't bite somthing when I get a disease? I need to look in my Oblivion guide to see what the cure is called.

|

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

That's hilarious.

On my university campus there are these really fat squirrels that are totally unafraid of humans. It wouldn't surprise me if they chased someone for food or something.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

That'll teach you to disturb a squirrel orgy.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

I'm just surprised you counted.

Seriously though, how'd you get them to chase you? I can't even get 5 feet within one before they run away up a tree, and even those squirrels are the calm ones that are used to humans.

-Machiavelli

• ACE777ACE777 Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by //\//\oo

That'll teach you to disturb a squirrel orgy.

Quote of the day right there!

"Kaneda! What...do you see?"

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Not very ninja like to run from squirrels.

• CooktasticoCooktastico Member Posts: 599

dude that's an epic story.  keep that one forever

• moostownmoostown Member CommonPosts: 377

LOLLLL

Scared of a little Squirrel.

Originally posted by ViolentY

I'm just surprised you counted.
    Seriously though, how'd you get them to chase you? I can't even get 5 feet within one before they run away up a tree, and even those squirrels are the calm ones that are used to humans.

I don't know. Maybe it's revenge. I haven't been doing any kind of tree slicing with my sword lately though. Also if a ninja can out run squirrels, then that's baller right there. Besides I didn't have my equiptment and I'm in civilian mode. All I got is like a pen.

|

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

better than being chased by a rabbit... :eyes his friend mike:

thanks for sharing

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

It's Rikimaru_X ^

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by moostown

It's Rikimaru_X ^

When did Riki turn into a white kid?

Originally posted by Dekron

It's Rikimaru_X ^

Michael jackson did

• flakesflakes Member Posts: 575

Originally posted by Dekron

It's Rikimaru_X ^

Michael jackson did

No he turned white...him and kids is a whooooooooole different story though...

It's Rikimaru_X ^

LOL Not me, but one of my students. I never taught him to run.... <_<   >_>

|

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Squirrels can be feisty little devils when they want to be. I've lived my life in the woods and I've ran into some other mean critters. I guess the scariest was when I was 9 I was coming home from school and ran into what I thought was my then aussie puppy. Turns out it was a baby BEAR! Argh! Every instinct was screaming RUUUUN! Yet the little bugger followed me halfway to the house, when suddenly I hear momma bawling in the background and the baby runs home.

The other run in I had was with a cougar. I was out fishing at a local pond in the woods when I heard a scuffle in the brush. I knew it wasnt a dog because of the way the thing was moving and staying hidden. I take a few steps , it moves to follow, a few more, same thing. Eventually I picked up a huge sugarpine cone and chucked it at the bushes. About that time I hear a screeching yowl as I apparently hit it and it spins around and wow are there tails LOOOONG! Suffice it I ran home.

Hrmm also ran into rattlers, scorps, a mean elk... sigh,such fond memories of the woods

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

I really enjoyed that story, my girlfriend and I have been laughing so loud at that one.  That's one to save for your grand kids.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

Being followed by a cougar...Im suprised it didn't attack.

|

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

It's Rikimaru_X ^

Don't EVER taunt a rooster.  I have scars, 2 on my back and 3 on my legs.  Those fuckers are aggressive as shit...

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Riki I feel you buddy...I have been chased by few animals in my time hell bent on my destruction (geese, dogs, mocking bird), but nothing scared me as much as being chased by one of these:

That's right a freaking couple of Marmots... Dont think they are scary look at this:

Ever seen teeth like that on a squirrel...I think not.

PS... Don't EVER EVER run from a mountain lion.  That is the sign of weakness they are looking for and it leaves your neck completely exposed which is what they are looking for in a kill shot.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Aye running is like saying DINNER TIME. Considering he was running and I could see him, I made a hasty retreat. Cougars aren't quite as threatening as bears though since they tend to attack and kill in this area.

I just remembered the time a neighbor had to kill a pig with a axe... ARGH! THE BLOOD! You never forget the sound a pig makes in anguish as it dies being hacked in the neck. It did manage to gore the owners son. Sigh, I found out what they did that later but still it was something that tore at my heart.

Err quick gota think of a cute animal story.... Blast, being a hunter most of them are morbid...

Hrmm well I had a pet fish that I had to regularly revive it. Bloody thing would flip over after swallowing rocks and couldnt breath so I had to flip him over and put a straw in a cup of water and blow bubbles in it to oxygenate the water enough to wake up. Only reason I did that was because he was a 500 dollar fantail.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

I don't get chased by cats much anymore...

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)