Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Moons: Interview and Exclusive Screens

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Recently, MMORPG.com Staff Writer Joe Iuliani had a chance to ask ten questions of Rusel DeMaria, the Assistant Director on the MMORPG 2 Moons. As a game that has just announced the beginning of their Open Beta and added a new server, Abaddon, this game may be one to watch.

MMORPG.com:

How do you feel free online MMOs stack up against the pay per month MMOs?

Rusel DeMaria:

That's an interesting question, since there is quite a range of free online MMOs.
Honestly, if a free MMO is popular and finds an audience, it's good. Whether I personally like it is irrelevant. There are lots of "low tech" MMOs that have dedicated followings, and I think that's just great.

If you are asking about 2Moons, I think it compares pretty well with the pay-per-month games. Not only is it already a fun, well-designed Diablo-esque MMORPG, with great graphics and action, a stable engine and a deep storyline, but it's constantly improving and adding new areas and features.

Read the whole interview here.

You can also view our nine new exclusive screenshots here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• FarquaniaFarquania Member Posts: 120
    I know you agreed to 10 questions, but here is what I like to call question eleven (for you Spinal Tap fans)

lol good way to end it.

Anyway, this sure did convince me into downloading it!
    Hope it is as fun as it seemed in that interview! Yeah! HARDCORE!

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its not a bad game for what it is. I would like to see more avatar customization. I really do not understand seeing the battle animations and sounds in 2moon, why bigger games like WoW and EQ2 do theirs so poorly. Most mmos are a grind to some degree, so if I am going to be watching my avatar fight that much, why have it look so awful doing it?

• heroezheroez Member Posts: 20

I've played this game, its a fun game to start playing,. Its addictive up to a point, it still needs some more work on it. I think its going to go far if they keep updating and making it more fun for the players who play it. I recommend this game.

• devilsindevilsin Member Posts: 43

It seems to me like they actually did not put a lot of work so far into making this game suit the Western market. As 2 Moons is right now, in open beta, it's exactly the same as Dekaron with a different language.

I also find that there is a lack of quests in general...not to mention "quests that players can enjoy casually". All quests were straight up kill X amount of Y mob and go from point A to point B. There are no engaging stories to the quests and the exp from most of them sucks making them even more worthless.

Most of the supposed-to-be-good pvp is not implemented yet so we will have to see what that will be like.

I don't see how this game will be a huge hit in the Western Market. Maybe it will reach players in the 100000s but I don't see how it will pull up really huge numbers.

So yea, in this interview Joe Iuliani definitely made the game sound better than it actually is. Of course the game is still in open beta so we can't fully judge the game until the official release.

• earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247
    Originally posted by devilsin

It seems to me like they actually did not put a lot of work so far into making this game suit the Western market. As 2 Moons is right now, in open beta, it's exactly the same as Dekaron with a different language.
    I also find that there is a lack of quests in general...not to mention "quests that players can enjoy casually". All quests were straight up kill X amount of Y mob and go from point A to point B. There are no engaging stories to the quests and the exp from most of them sucks making them even more worthless.
    Most of the supposed-to-be-good pvp is not implemented yet so we will have to see what that will be like.
    I don't see how this game will be a huge hit in the Western Market. Maybe it will reach players in the 100000s but I don't see how it will pull up really huge numbers.
    So yea, in this interview Joe Iuliani definitely made the game sound better than it actually is. Of course the game is still in open beta so we can't fully judge the game until the official release.

In my opinion, every game that is P2P should have a 30 day free trial. If your game is good, players (i.e. paying customers) will flock. If it sucks you will definitely kow because it will be empty.

• devilsindevilsin Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by earthhawk

In my opinion, every game that is P2P should have a 30 day free trial. If your game is good, players (i.e. paying customers) will flock. If it sucks you will definitely kow because it will be empty.

2 Moons is F2P so it is a bit different from a P2P game. Yes the game will attract many players (especially those that cannot/ don't want to pay for a P2P title), however this game has nothing to keep them playing long term. Also since it was so overhyped by David Perry, the beginner town in 2 Moons is flooding with people but judging from the amount of negative posts on the official boards and on the mmorpg.com boards, a lot of those players will not stay in the game.

• energydrainenergydrain Member Posts: 52

Well..must agree...

I don't see this game pulling up more than 500,000..The developers made it look better than it actually is when advertising to the public.

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

It's fun in the mindless grind korean game kinda way.  

But have to say I have had some fun nights in it while trying it out, it's extremely bloody and they aren't kidding when they say it's edgey, the npc's are total assholes, almost every one.    I'm not sure if someone saying fuck every sentence makes a game more adult, more like my dream game when I was 13.

but still it's pretty fun, just don't expect depth, the game play aint bad.