Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blood toggle?

PezDSpencerPezDSpencer Member UncommonPosts: 111

I was watching the videos of this game a few days ago, and all the blood that was squirting out made it looks ridiculous.

I sincerely hope that they plan to have some sort of option to turn it off.  Just because it's rated 'M' doesn't mean I need to see 50 pints of blood spew from an enemy.

---
He said to me, "On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Comments

• Riho06Riho06 Member Posts: 431

Amen, I actually think it takes away from the game.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

It has been confirmed by devs that there will be toggles for all mature content.

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84

I don't want it off I just want the squirts to go to blood mist. It is too much IMO. I want blood and decapatation but not rivers of blood for every nick. I want a fine mist on good hits. Screen splatter on crits and finishing moves. Maybe just a hint of red on a normal successful hit.

• RadavRadav Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by felix77

I don't want it off I just want the squirts to go to blood mist. It is too much IMO. I want blood and decapatation but not rivers of blood for every nick. I want a fine mist on good hits. Screen splatter on crits and finishing moves. Maybe just a hint of red on a normal successful hit.

yes but not to red bright, more of a red pinky so it doesnt hurt my eyes, and make it so i can see the shadows and need the blood shiny and maybe i could zoom in to see the details, and when my enemy have 5% life left i want a big "FINISH HIM!" on my screen to pop.

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Radav

Originally posted by felix77

yes but not to red bright, more of a red pinky so it doesnt hurt my eyes, and make it so i can see the shadows and need the blood shiny and maybe i could zoom in to see the details, and when my enemy have 5% life left i want a big "FINISH HIM!" on my screen to pop.

Umm what? I was saying I want to be able to tone down the blood. Mortal combat sucked IMO any way. The way I described the blood will emphasize a strong hit. The way you described just makes you look like an ass.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Originally posted by PezDSpencer

I was watching the videos of this game a few days ago, and all the blood that was squirting out made it looks ridiculous.

I sincerely hope that they plan to have some sort of option to turn it off.  Just because it's rated 'M' doesn't mean I need to see 50 pints of blood spew from an enemy.

Let them know on the official forums. Athelan posts here now and then, but you're post is likely to go unheard.

That said, Funcom has a 'strike team' focused on blood and gore only. So I'm confident they will get it to good levels by release. A large part of the community (myself included) thinks it's to much right now. I personally would like to see a fair bit of blood splatter on hits, a nice splash (like right now) when you complete a combo. Last a big gush of blood, all over the ground, on your weapon, on the body, when you get a Fatality move, IE cut off a head, sever and arm, break a neck, etc. They already have it set so blood splatters the screen when you get a fatality. I think if they made the above changes, it'd be even better. :)

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914

Im gonna have to agree there is too much blood now to the point that it becomes comical.It would be best to remove the big splashes of blood on normal hits and only leave them for crits and maybe the ending hit of a combo chain