Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok bought the game...Day Four

Well i finaly broke down and bought the game yes yes i know you are all thinking what a fool well some of you lol. Desided to see if the game was as bad or as good as people were claiming and so far i have been shocked.  First off I installed the game no problems (i went to best buy instead of getting a digital download since i have heard a few people saying they were having issues with that) Took between 30 minutes to an hour to download the updates and i was off and playing. Desided to make a Necromancer...one of the kitty kind cant remember the race's name lol. Well right off the bat i noticed the graphics are pretty good every little frame rate lose (since the start the only time i see a LITTLE frame rate lose is when i am in a town and then its just for a few seconds or so) I had the town pretty much to my self most of the 4 hours i was first playing on day one. Very few people running around in the low level area mind you i am on the Rp perfered server. 

The community is really helpful (when your talking in region ) and very helpful. Now then the leveling seems a little long to me i am day four right now and only level 11 (just got that not to long ago.) The landscape is very wicked...and oddly enough its fun to chop a tree down and watch it and HEAR it actrualy fall...i now go out of my way to find trees to chop lol...The controls are pretty standared MMO controls, the sound for the game and the music is great, could do with out the running back to my tomb stone when i get over cocky lol.  I have been hit by one bug that required me to wipe out my bin file and basicly reinstall all the upgrades that was done (another 30 minutes or so before i could play) crafting seems to be done rather well you could make money doing nothing but crafting though you do have to do a LITTLE hunting or go out with a few people to harvest some things.

Now the quests are guided pretty well ok story line in some like one of them at level 11 i had to go against a friggin undead drake...mean sob nearly lost my life to the smelly beasty!!! I do have a level 5 sorc that is a goblin i am trying may give a report on that but so far the Necromancer REALLY rocks great solo i even get to stick my hands into my dead opponets body and root around for things i can graft to my pet.....whats not to like....

Oh and as for setings graphic wise i have not had to twick it i have kept everything just as it is out of the box. I am not running that flash of a system its  an AMD dual core 2 gig cpu with a 6800 g-force fx card (256 mem) and one gig of system memmory and a sound card thats close to a sound blaster (its an off brand but pretty good) So far i have yet to come a cross any really big or bad hicups or problems other then the whole issue of having to delete the bin file.  Wll post more later on the game and some of the toons you can be or do (on the low level side)

Comments

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

If you're liking it, it shouldn't matter what you may read here. I'm glad I was able to play the beta, because I had no plans on buying the game.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• moostownmoostown Member CommonPosts: 377

Yeh i played beta and it was horrible lol, i bought the game anyways a few months after release and it hadn't got any better.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

BuzWeaver and moostow, i am impressed about your detailed criticism. Its good to know that a few people have deep knowledge of the game and point out the deeper flaws of vanguard.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Yeah i bought the game too even with all the Vanguard hate posts plastered all over this site, deffinitly learned not to listen to anything 90% of the people here say about anything...lol

it does still have some more tweaking to go but it runs great for me and my machine is a couple years old.and i know ALOT ALOT of people here HATE Sony, but I know they'll make this game into an even better game like they did with EQ2.deffinitly love the classes on this game, pretty original twist to all the ones that i've played that are in just about every other MMO. and some totally new classes.ecspecially the Necromancer REALLY like how they did them, feels more like a Necro than in any other game i played.

yeah it does lvl alot slower than what i've been use to lately but i'm actually enjoying the slow lvling. One of the biggest things i liked about WoW was lvling up so fast and without full groups but eventually its what made me get so bored with it because i have the most fun lvling my characters.1 of every class on there lvl 50 + just ran out of things to do or just got sick of going to the exact same places doing the same exact samething i did on my other 8 characters.(hate raiding). found myself actually missing the group lvling like in EQOA.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by eugam

BuzWeaver and moostow, i am impressed about your detailed criticism. Its good to know that a few people have deep knowledge of the game and point out the deeper flaws of vanguard.

oo...oo...  did I hear sarcasm in those typed lines???

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• moostownmoostown Member CommonPosts: 377

I have a ton of problems witht he game i can't be bothered to type but all anyone needs to know is crap & ugly chaarcter models/races, bad animations and boring classes.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by moostown

I have a ton of problems witht he game i can't be bothered to type but all anyone needs to know is crap & ugly chaarcter models/races, bad animations and boring classes.
    How do you know this? You don't play the game now. I guess you would be more happy in a mirco-payment game. So go play them then. You really don't know what you are talking about anymore.

You play the game again for a month then camment all you want ok.

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

I hope you enjoy it.  The game is in a much better state now than it was in release... hopefully you won't run across all the bugs I encountered :)  Also, the classes are wonderfully complex and diverse.  Depending on your class, you'll begin to see this in the 20-30s typically.  Personally, the game really hooked me in the 30s.

• pdk25pdk25 Member Posts: 115

I`m actually going to give the game another shot. I`ve not played it since after the first 2 months and I want to see what all has been done with Vanguard. I have the Station Pass so it`s not going to cost me anything more to try it again. I`m going to create a Disciple and a Necro (never played a Necro and I deleted my first Disciple when I left). The game is patching right now (surprisingly fast too). If I like what has been done with the game, I will be a casual player. I hope I enjoy it this time because the next EQ2 expansion is still 4 months away.

Originally posted by pdk25

I`m actually going to give the game another shot. I`ve not played it since after the first 2 months and I want to see what all has been done with Vanguard. I have the Station Pass so it`s not going to cost me anything more to try it again. I`m going to create a Disciple and a Necro (never played a Necro and I deleted my first Disciple when I left). The game is patching right now (surprisingly fast too). If I like what has been done with the game, I will be a casual player. I hope I enjoy it this time because the next EQ2 expansion is still 4 months away.

The disciple is incredibly useful in high level groups.  The combination of healing, feign death and summon create some wonderful, wonderful opportunties in wickedly difficult dungeons.  :)

• FarseenFarseen Member UncommonPosts: 344

I bought the game a few days after release.

I'm not playing anymore for a few reasons. One, I found that the graphic engine in the game is very poorly built. Not to say the game doesn't have nice graphics, I just believe that the engine is old, or hasn't been configured properly. I have a P4 3.6 GHz with a Radeon x850XT 256mb card and I had 1gb or RAM at the time, (recently upgraded to 3gb). And I could barely run it on medium settings without having a little freeze time every now and then.

Now based on the fact the game is fully PvP wherever you go, then I think such a poor graphics engine really hindered the game. I found myself dying randomy without even getting a chance to respond in battle because of the lag. Now I did mention I upgraded recently to 3gb of RAM, which I think would really help the game, so I'd be willing to try it again.

Other then that I found the classes to be VERY unique. They have awesome classes, hands down. I played Bard, and man they were fu**ing cool! I could compose my own songs which would eat up various amount of mana/second. It was awesome. I also had a rediculous speed buff that outran horses at lower levels. It was sweet. My buddy was a Ranger and he enjoyed it thoroughly too.

Don't you find it wierd that you can change the entire look of your character whenever you want though? Like, before logging in, from what I remember, I could re-enter character creation settings on my character, lol. Making him a female even! Wierd no?

Meh, cool game, but needs a lot of work.....I'd like to try it again though.

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

• bmjames80bmjames80 Member Posts: 49

The game is not full on pvp unless you played on the FFA PvP server.   I left because of dull gameplay, and performance issues.

I say dull gameplay only because its the same rehashed combat / boring quest bit they've been using in MMO's for years.  It simply didnt offer anything really new to me.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I only got this game because it cost me £5 i layed it for a week before i got bored.. managed to group once i think and that was with 1 other person...

the people who i did talk to online where very helpful..

i might come back to it at some point but without other people to paly with it does get boring..

Plus has nothing new that really stands out from the other games.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

You mean like the terrible performance, the complete lack of chracter development besides leveling (a few classes had maybe one choice to make about their playing style during their entire career (i.e. Shaman, Clerics, Monks)), the mindnumbingly tedious crafting and the thin level of solo content?

The PvP used to be so imbalanced that 3+ classes could reliably one/two-shot you without any fear of retaliation (sorc, druid, necro) and one class was simply god mode (CLERICS!).

Another class (the disciple) was so ridiculously gimp in PvP AND PVE, because of capabilities that were overlooked (i.e. a snare for PvP and an efficient healing ratio to MATCH that of the cleric) or toned down to a ridiculous extent (dmg lowered by nearly 50%) as to make the class nearly unplayable solo. By nearly unplayable, I mean that it took AGES to kill things your level when chracters WITH MORE DEFENSE AND HEALING, that were supposedly the trade off for their inferior damage, were killing them at twice your rate.

It's possible that these things have all been corrected, but from what I've been reading off and on on the forums they are still in the works as fixes.

Seriously though, if you had played a game with all of the aforementioned flaws, then why wouldn't you it call a piece of shit? The fact that the game has not attracted more customers with the new development team is really a sign of where it is heading...

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Originally posted by //\//\oo

You mean like the terrible performance, the complete lack of chracter development besides leveling (a few classes had maybe one choice to make about their playing style during their entire career (i.e. Shaman, Clerics, Monks)), the mindnumbingly tedious crafting and the thin level of solo content?

The PvP used to be so imbalanced that 3+ classes could reliably one/two-shot you without any fear of retaliation (sorc, druid, necro) and one class was simply god mode (CLERICS!).

Another class (the disciple) was so ridiculously gimp in PvP AND PVE, because of capabilities that were overlooked (i.e. a snare for PvP and an efficient healing ratio to MATCH that of the cleric) or toned down to a ridiculous extent (dmg lowered by nearly 50%) as to make the class nearly unplayable solo. By nearly unplayable, I mean that it took AGES to kill things your level when chracters WITH MORE DEFENSE AND HEALING, that were supposedly the trade off for their inferior damage, were killing them at twice your rate.

It's possible that these things have all been corrected, but from what I've been reading off and on on the forums they are still in the works as fixes.

Seriously though, if you had played a game with all of the aforementioned flaws, then why wouldn't you it call a piece of shit? The fact that the game has not attracted more customers with the new development team is really a sign of where it is heading...

It has attracted me. I don't play on your PvP servers and it seems most of the complaining are by people on the PvP servers. Maybe this game wasn't designed around PvP and you were getting your hopes up for no reason. I think most people knew that this was going to be a PvE game with a PvP ruleset server to appease the PvPers. At any rate, you have it wrong. The PvE dmg is reduced to 40% for PvP, but while you are fighting PvE monsters, your PvE dmg is the same as it was always (100%). I can't really say more about class balance, because I know the classes aren't balanced in PvP. However, EVERY MMO has balance issues for their PvP servers including the PvP game DAoC and Shadowbane. If you are so shocked about seeing an imbalance by now, you shouldn't be PvPing. Balanced PvP is wishful thinking and should be reserved for those games dedicating their entire game to PvP. For instance, I would expect Darkfall, WAR, AoC, and any FPS to be balanced for PvP. Keep in mind that some games, like DAoC, don't balance classes on the individual level but on a group level.

The terrible performance that you experienced at game start has been improved according to current players and the SOE Devs. Other than that, you of all people should know that performance varies from one person to the next. You also shouldn't expect your outdated system to not have problems running a brand new MMO in 2007 (not assuming yours is outdated). All I know is that my Intel Duo Core 3.0ghz processor, with 1gig of RAM, and a 7300LE 512mb video card runs this game fine on High Performance and Low Texture quality and I think the game looks fine.

As far as character development goes, have you completely missed the fact that this game has 4 spheres of play with content of their own? You can't complain about having nothing to do than kill things if that is the only option you give yourself. Killing things is killing things, no matter which MMORPG you play. I would know after playing MMOs for 5+ years and playing the majority of them out there. At least this game has a variety of animations for each class.

Again, I am not assuming that your computer is old or anything, but if it is or is just mediocre, you can't expect to turn this game on and demand that it play on balanced settings. The Unreal2 Engine isn't designed for that and neither should you expect a brand new MMO to be playable on mid to low ranged computers on anything above High Performance settings. I agree, I wish that they used a different engine so I wouldn't have to go spend $300 on a new video card and 3gigs of RAM, but that is the price you pay to play the game you like on High Graphical quality.

I personally don't think there is a better PvE game out there, definitely not as many features as this game has. My performance problems aren't bad really and doesn't really hinder my gameplay. So honestly, IMO, there is nothing better to play at the moment. I accept that your opinion of the gameplay might be different and I don't dispute that.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

Originally posted by JK-Kanosi

At any rate, you have it wrong. The PvE dmg is reduced to 40% for PvP, but while you are fighting PvE monsters, your PvE dmg is the same as it was always (100%). No shit. The bug was at the time that pets didn't have their damage reduced, so they were still hitting for 100%. I suppose that you wouldn't know that though, since you've never played on one and are commenting on things you've never experienced. Moves like starfall and the infamous DoV were hitting for 100% for a long time, until they fixed them (or so I've heard).

I can't really say more about class balance, because I know the classes are balanced in PvP. However, EVERY MMO has balance issues for their PvP servers including the PvP game DAoC and Shadowbane. If you are so shocked about seeing an imbalance by now, you shouldn't be PvPing. Balanced PvP is wishful thinking and should be reserved for those games dedicating their entire game to PvP. For instance, I would expect Darkfall, WAR, AoC, and any FPS to be balanced for PvP. Keep in mind that some games, like DAoC, don't balance classes on the individual level but on a group level.

That's a great excuse. Just because the game isn't centered around PvP means that the PvP can be trivialized and broken? Wow... I guess that the next time I walk into a store and buy myself some chunky peanutbutter that has chunks of shit in it instead of peanuts I'll just grin and make a sandwich. 

The terrible performance that you experienced at game start has been improved according to current players and the SOE Devs. Other than that, you of all people should know that performance varies from one person to the next. You also shouldn't expect your outdated system to not have problems running a brand new MMO in 2007 (not assuming yours is outdated). All I know is that my Intel Duo Core 3.0ghz processor, with 1gig of RAM, and a 7300LE 512mb video card runs this game fine on High Performance and Low Texture quality and I think the game looks fine.

Exactly. On HIGH PERFORMANCE. My computer has more ram, but a worse video card and I was just barely able to run it on balanced (which is one setting HIGHER than his). The game looked BARELY palatable on balanced and when I had tried to see how it'd look on high performance it was like something out of EverQuest I....

Yes, it does vary by specs, but the consensus was that the graphics given the performance were absolutely horrible, which is why both SOE and Sigil (before it sold out entirely) made it their #1 priority to get the  performance up to par (or... somewhat... close.. not really..). The fact that most people could not run on high quality meant that the game looked like shit on most systems compared to other titles (WoW, EQ2 (WHICH I CAN RUN ON HIGH QUALITY), GW, CoV/CoH).  

As far as character development goes, have you completely missed the fact that this game has 4 spheres of play with content of their own? You can't complain about having nothing to do than kill things if that is the only option you give yourself. Killing things is killing things, no matter which MMORPG you play. I would know after playing MMOs for 5+ years and playing the majority of them out there. At least this game has a variety of animations for each class.

Let's see: There is the watered down card game known as diplomacy (which doesn't have much appeal and is generally boring once you've learned the main strategies), the ridiculously tedious crafting that is a diluted version of EQ2's with more risk and 5x the grind, gathering (?!?), and adventuring.

While the above paragraph consists of my opinions,the fact is that MOST (if not all) people engage in the adventuring sphere AND the other spheres have no significant choices that you can make while advancing (if you call the few that you make to specialize while a crafter significant, then 6 must be a very big number). 

Developed games like EQ2, WoW and CoV/CoH give you many different options in terms of character development that come in the form of skill trees, AAs (almost the same as skill trees, but attained differently) and the process of selecting new abilities from a large pool of your choice at intervals. 

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

At any rate, you have it wrong. The PvE dmg is reduced to 40% for PvP, but while you are fighting PvE monsters, your PvE dmg is the same as it was always (100%). No shit. The bug was at the time that pets didn't have their damage reduced, so they were still hitting for 100%. I suppose that you wouldn't know that though, since you've never played on one and are commenting on things you've never experienced. Moves like starfall and the infamous DoV were hitting for 100% for a long time, until they fixed them (or so I've heard).

I can't really say more about class balance, because I know the classes are balanced in PvP. However, EVERY MMO has balance issues for their PvP servers including the PvP game DAoC and Shadowbane. If you are so shocked about seeing an imbalance by now, you shouldn't be PvPing. Balanced PvP is wishful thinking and should be reserved for those games dedicating their entire game to PvP. For instance, I would expect Darkfall, WAR, AoC, and any FPS to be balanced for PvP. Keep in mind that some games, like DAoC, don't balance classes on the individual level but on a group level.

That's a great excuse. Just because the game isn't centered around PvP means that the PvP can be trivialized and broken? Wow... I guess that the next time I walk into a store and buy myself some chunky peanutbutter that has chunks of shit in it instead of peanuts I'll just grin and make a sandwich. 

Exactly. On HIGH PERFORMANCE. My computer has more ram, but a worse video card and I was just barely able to run it on balanced (which is one setting HIGHER than his). The game looked BARELY palatable on balanced and when I had tried to see how it'd look on high performance it was like something out of EverQuest I....

Yes, it does vary by specs, but the consensus was that the graphics given the performance were absolutely horrible, which is why both SOE and Sigil (before it sold out entirely) made it their #1 priority to get the  performance up to par (or... somewhat... close.. not really..). The fact that most people could not run on high quality meant that the game looked like shit on most systems compared to other titles (WoW, EQ2 (WHICH I CAN RUN ON HIGH QUALITY), GW, CoV/CoH).  

Let's see: There is the watered down card game known as diplomacy (which doesn't have much appeal and is generally boring once you've learned the main strategies), the ridiculously tedious crafting that is a diluted version of EQ2's with more risk and 5x the grind, gathering (?!?), and adventuring.

While the above paragraph consists of my opinions,the fact is that MOST (if not all) people engage in the adventuring sphere AND the other spheres have no significant choices that you can make while advancing (if you call the few that you make to specialize while a crafter significant, then 6 must be a very big number). 

Developed games like EQ2, WoW and CoV/CoH give you many different options in terms of character development that come in the form of skill trees, AAs (almost the same as skill trees, but attained differently) and the process of selecting new abilities from a large pool of your choice at intervals. 

Haha oh well, found my self laughing through the time i read your replies to his post.

But good arguements, i played Vanguard till i hit ,lvl 30 in beta and then i kinda dissapeared since i knew the game wasnt gonne be anything for me and what ive heard so far, it still aint a game i would waste 50 bucks on.

But bring on more juicy texts, will have popcorn ready for the next batch of hilarious flaming ;)

Save your popcorn, because I'm not going to argue with him. It is plain as day that he views the game differently than I. There is no sense in arguing with him. I think he and others that lack netiquette aren't worth debating with. Simply because they don't hold themselves to a higher standard of conduct towards his peers. Bash the game all you want, because I will continue to tell people about Vanguard the way I see and experience it and I WILL start reporting the trolls that hi-jack my threads and try to run them into the ground.

Thanks

Save your popcorn, because I'm not going to argue with him. It is plain as day that he views the game differently than I. There is no sense in arguing with him. I think he and others that lack netiquette aren't worth debating with. Simply because they don't hold themselves to a higher standard of conduct towards his peers. Bash the game all you want, because I will continue to tell people about Vanguard the way I see and experience it and I WILL start reporting the trolls that hi-jack my threads and try to run them into the ground.

Thanks

Peers, eh? You probably have me blocked by now, but it's obvious that you're using etiquette as an excuse not to debate. Maybe your idea of a peer comes from a certain purple dinosaur...

Thanks

Peers, eh? You probably have me blocked by now, but it's obvious that you're using etiquette as an excuse not to debate.

It's not about the debate, it is how you debate. If you want to have a serious Vanguard discussion/debate, you need to do so without inciting a flame war. If you would like to debate with me, you need to:

* List the things about Vanguard you want to debate

* Create an argument for those things that you want to debate about (non-flamatory, objective, a conclusion can be reached at the end)

* Keep it civil and use netiquette

These are the basics a person learns in any degree program. If you are not in college or have never been to college, then it's not too late to start practicing proper debate methods. I'm not preaching here, I am just trying to create a good atmosphere for Vanguardians and Anti-Vanguardians to coexist in the same forum without the immaturity.

Instead of boring you with a by-the-book definition of netiquette, I will summarize for you.

Netiquette is a standard way of communicating properly with others online. Proper netiquette does not include inciting flame wars, insulting other users, plagiarizing, or generally being disrespectful to others feelings. Remember, we are all human beings on the other side of the computer, just like you. You should treat others with the dignity and respect that you would want treated towards you. If you are the type that doesn't like to be treated with dignity and respect, at least do so to others so you aren't viewed as a troll, child, or any other manner of undesirable adult attributes.

Thank you.

Thanks

Peers, eh? You probably have me blocked by now, but it's obvious that you're using etiquette as an excuse not to debate.

It's not about the debate, it is how you debate. If you want to have a serious Vanguard discussion/debate, you need to do so without inciting a flame war. If you would like to debate with me, you need to:

* Create an argument for those things that you want to debate about (non-flamatory, objective, a conclusion can be reached at the end)

These are the basics a person learns in any degree program. If you are not in college or have never been to college, than it's not too late to start practicing proper debate methods. I'm not preaching here, I am just trying to create a good atmosphere for Vanguardians and Anti-Vanguardians to coexist in the same forum without the immaturity.

Instead of boring you with a by-the-book definition of netiquette, I will summarize for you.

Netiquette is a standard way of communicating properly with others online. Proper netiquette does not include inciting flame wars, insulting other users, plagiarizing, or generally being disrespectful to others feelings. Remember, we are all human beings on the other side of the computer, just like you. You should treat others with the dignity and respect that you would want treated towards you. If you are the type that doesn't like to be treated with dignity and respect, at least do so to others so you aren't viewed as a troll, child, or any other manner of undesirable adult attributes.

Thank you.

Could not agree more.  If someone wants to have a pro/con discussion and debate the points they should refrain from broad generalizations that have no foundation in fact.

For example, someone in this thread stated something to the effect that diplomacy is a water-down card game and once you learn the strategies it's boring and a grind.  I'm pretty sure that person has not tried diplomacy at all, or at least in any depth. 

Originally posted by boojiboy

Could not agree more.  If someone wants to have a pro/con discussion and debate the points they should refrain from broad generalizations that have no foundation in fact.

For example, someone in this thread stated something to the effect that diplomacy is a water-down card game and once you learn the strategies it's boring and a grind.  I'm pretty sure that person has not tried diplomacy at all, or at least in any depth. 

I'm sure he has tried it, but it sounds like he probably made it to his teens in Diplomacy before he quit. I can't say for certain though, because I am not him. I am in my teens in Diplomacy now. By your teens, you should have the card game down pact and know how to win. I don't understand what he means by "watered-down" and those are the type of statements that need a description and argument supporting it. I don't think Diplomacy is the most entertaining thing in the world, but it does add depth and a new way of story telling. It also is a nice sphere to get into if you want some recognition for other things aside from combat. Diplomacy is also needed in the game, just as crafting and harvesting. So while Diplomacy isn't everyones cup of tea, it is a valid path to advance in the game and bring something to the table in your guild.

People who concentrate only on the Adventuring sphere are literally missing out on 2/3 of the game. I'm not saying that Pure Adventurers shouldn't do only that sphere, but I do think they shouldn't bash Vanguard for a restriction the player set upon himself. There is plenty of story and stuff to do for adventurers, but there is a lot more to do for those willing to dabble in the other spheres as well.

• TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262

DAy 4 and let me guess.....your quitting like everyone else. Good. Now go download EQ2, and then wait for AoC.

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250

For me the only problems with this game were the shoddy animations (for me they looked so generic and the characters didnt seem to be putting effort in what they were doing), the sterile textures on buildings etc (everything seemed shiny and clean), and the poor performance. I actually was happy playing the beta, and looked forward to retail, but after so much of seeing the crappy animations (and EXTREMELY lame spell effects) i could not force myself to buy the game, even though i want an MMO to play.

Alot of people jumped on the SOE involved its crap bandwagon, but for me those are the fundemental flaws of that game. The ideas and features were all what MMOs need, i just hope they dont think that is what made the game fail.

These are the basics a person learns in any degree program. If you are not in college or have never been to college, than it's not too late to start practicing proper debate methods. I'm not preaching here, I am just trying to create a good atmosphere for Vanguardians and Anti-Vanguardians to coexist in the same forum without the immaturity.
    Thank you.

.... Wow.. somebody has a really high opinion of himself. You expect etiquette from somebody on the internet? Did you win some kind of internationally acclaimed award? You must have really made some serious contributions to humanity if you expect to be lauded eletronically by random strangers.  

I don't know you and I don't want to know you. I have to deal with enough bullshit and ass-kissing in real life that I do not wish to bring it back to my recreational activities; if colloquial language offends you on the internet, then I hope you get some ear muffs if you ever plan to make friends in the real world.

You obviously don't want to argue, because you are simply incapable of debunking the points I made. That's the gist of it. Sugarcoat it all you'd like with your emotional strawman demands, but you and I know what's really going on.

Just ignore my posts and I'll ignore yours. Neither of us will really miss anything.

PS: Good luck on that doctorate in "Netiquette", or do you have it already? ..

Netiquette...