Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In your opinion - The best free MMORPG

YaimYaim Member Posts: 3

I was wondering what people think is the best free MMORPG to play.

And i mean:

-In grafics

-In gameplay

-In questing

Comments

• CraftkillaCraftkilla Member CommonPosts: 15

IMO free uo servers

http://www.uogamers.com/

bert

• dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482

9Dragons is imo the best free mmo around.

• CognetoJoeCognetoJoe Member Posts: 446

2moons. Was digging perfect world , but 2moons is my new game to play f2p .

• SathirSathir Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by Yaim

And i mean:

-In grafics
    -In gameplay
    -In questing

Guild Wars and Archlord are the only free MMORPGs i enjoyed. Guild Wars would be my favorite by far though. They aren't completely free, but there isn't any monthly fees.

Hope this helps.

Good luck buddy!

-----------------------------------------
    WAR is coming, are you prepared?
    -----------------------------------------

• CognetoJoeCognetoJoe Member Posts: 446
    Originally posted by Sathir

Originally posted by Yaim

And i mean:

-In grafics
    -In gameplay
    -In questing

Guild Wars and Archlord are the only free MMORPGs i enjoyed. Guild Wars would be my favorite by far though. They aren't completely free, but there isn't any monthly fees.

Hope this helps.

Good luck buddy!

those games aren't free though . 2moons is like Archlord and Guild Wars in one game!

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

FlyFF from what I hear. I couldn't get over the fact that it has cartoon graphics (even more cartoon than WoW). I never tried it. :S

• pyrocrazypyrocrazy Member Posts: 65

yea flyff is truly a great game but it can get a bit hard if you choose the wrong class (as in hard to get good stuff cuz its pricey and stuff like that)

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

the RL

• I would say in my experience..Perfect World and 2moons. I really enjoyed both of them with the time I spent. I know 2moons has just been released, but I thought it was quite fun. Now for a retail though free subscription game. I would definitly have to say Guild Wars.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I never tried Silkroad or 2Moons but i think Dungeon Runners is a good free to play game. There is an option you can pay 5 bucks a month but it is only optional. Its fun and you just have a good time with it.

• turokkturokk Member UncommonPosts: 44

i like maple story...it has a lot of stuff....items.....but right now  implaying 2moons...and im loving it XD

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391
    Originally posted by GameIoading

It has to be Anarchy Online.

There is your answer, and do we really need this same thread posted every day ?

• VasburgVasburg Member Posts: 65

I just discovered Ashen Empires (http://www.ashenempires.com/) which went f2p (with AO-like restrictions) 2 days ago.
    Very cute and rather detailed (D2/Fallout-like) 2D isometric graphics (I TOTALLY love 'em, but if you are not into oldschool stuff... better forget about it) and very complex, UO-like gameplay and skill-system.

Too early for a final judgement, but (GW and AO aside) so far it seems to be the best f2p game I have ever played. (Not that this title would be all-too hard to achieve... with all the Korean grind-clones the f2p market usually consists of).

• midgey555midgey555 Member Posts: 185

Before cb i was fairly excited for 2moons, but the npcs have no dialouge at all, every single one you click on just curses at you (which gets really annoying) and there is no lore at all in the game.  The community is about the same, the majority of the people i saw in cb and especially ob now are extremely immature, simply saying every curse word simply because they can and claiming this is what mature means. 

I quit after getting to like lvl 50 and it was become extremely difficult to lvl even though the max lvl is like 150 or so.  Didnt notice anything to do in the game besides lvling but i heard they added some sort of pvp instanced arena which might be cool. 

Overall i guess its ok for a f2p, but i cant really get into any f2p mmo.  The graphics were decent, the armor and spell effects are really pleasing to the eye although theres only 6 classes and theres no character customization, so everyone looks the same. 

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Perfect World and Silkroad.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Silkroad and 2 Moons.

• TwinchaosTwinchaos Member Posts: 13

The closest thing to a fairly enjoyable "free" MMORPG at the moment would have to be Anarchy Online (may or may not change in the future).

I've tried many "free" MMORPGs but there are always severe problems with them in one way or another. The "free" part of Anarchy Online that's being offered was initially developed as a commercial MMORPG, meaning that when it first came out people paid money for the same content. You also get to play on commercial servers and see other people around you who are actually paying for expansion packs. You also see some of the Alien Invasion expansion pack content (cities), even though you can't fully participate in alien missions (no rewards, can't go inside the ships etc), except help out for fun in the cities.

Still, the classic AO and Notum Wars is pretty fun. The Omni side is somewhat reminiscent of "Blade Runner" cities, so that's my preference in game.

Also, despite being mainly a sci-fi game, you can still chose classes that a very fantasy-like, meaning "caster-like class", melee, swords, hammers etc. It's not perfect but it's pretty fun for the "free" part.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

I would say the best one and the one that plays more like a P2P would be Perfect World I was playing on the malaysian one with an english patch but now i'm just gunna wait for the actual English version to come out.I had high hopes for 2 Moons waited for a LONG time for it to even get to OB but then it wasn't what i had expected. for me it might have been too much hype and too much waiting and probably just expected too much.

and like some one else said the NPCs are friggin annoying, they say its ment for adults but the NPCs dialog sounded like some ones 13 year old little brother wrote it trying to sound all grown up saying F*** every other word (literally). But even when i was waiting for it I KNEW the community was going to be horrible.... and i was right on the money there..lol its like it attracted the worst of the worst of what is reffered to as "WoW kiddies" just go to their forums and read a couple posts..lol the game does seem like fun  but the community is horrid atm anyway.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I'd say RuneScape and Guild Wars.

?

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391
    Originally posted by Vasburg

I just discovered Ashen Empires (http://www.ashenempires.com/) which went f2p (with AO-like restrictions) 2 days ago.

Very cute and rather detailed (D2/Fallout-like) 2D isometric graphics (I TOTALLY love 'em, but if you are not into oldschool stuff... better forget about it) and very complex, UO-like gameplay and skill-system.
    Too early for a final judgement, but (GW and AO aside) so far it seems to be the best f2p game I have ever played. (Not that this title would be all-too hard to achieve... with all the Korean grind-clones the f2p market usually consists of).

If Ashen Empires went f2p that would be grand. I really liked the game when i did the trial of it. Sadly looking over the site it seems it isnt f2p YET !!! just says they reduced the subscription fees and eventually it will be f2p , A) style. The beginner island is the free trial and you can stay there forever, but thats a very tiny pieace of the game.

• DevonyDevony Member Posts: 278

2 moons is awful, Perfect World has 100x more going for it

Requiem is even better, but working on English patch for it.

Currently waiting for - Perfect World English, Age of Conan

How to play Perfect World in english

Currently messing with - Requiem Online

• VasburgVasburg Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Airspell
    If Ashen Empires went f2p that would be grand. I really liked the game when i did the trial of it. Sadly looking over the site it seems it isnt f2p YET !!! just says they reduced the subscription fees and eventually it will be f2p , A) style. The beginner island is the free trial and you can stay there forever, but thats a very tiny pieace of the game.

Despite the kinda irritating website info, it already IS f2p. I am playing it right now. On the mainland xD

The f2p service DOES, however, have certain limitations.
    You can't trade or group with other players, and the amount of XP you can earn per day is limited. But there is no longer a level 10 hardcap and you can access the whole world (not just the newbie island) in f2p-mode.

Fun thing is, the "tokens" (the Cash Shop credits you buy for $$$ to purchase gametime) are tradeble items. So actually (in theory) you can buy them for ingame-gold, to play this game for free with premium membership.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

If you consider free to be f2p, i have to say Guild Wars.  I havent found any real free mmorpg that i like.  Seems all the free mmo's are asian and involved click to play instead of WASD control.  Personally i can't stand having to click the screen to move around.   So my choice is Guild Wars.

• AlphamatroxoAlphamatroxo Member Posts: 32

If it's free, it's not good. That is why it's free