Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What race do you plan on playing at launch? (POLL)

Comments

• mizrolistmizrolist Member UncommonPosts: 40

Dwarf Engineers ftw! *hic*

Signatures are boring things.

• A55kickaA55kicka Member Posts: 47

Ok are the Chaos humans or undead type things or both? Im pretty sure both right? and what the hell is up with the marauder? looks more like a mutated human than undead.

• LucifrankLucifrank Member Posts: 355
    Originally posted by Adythiel

Originally posted by daelnor

Originally posted by lordsn0w

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Originally posted by lordsn0w

Witch Hunter so far unless mythic adds stealth classes to the elf armies then prolly a DE stealth.

Already stated no stealth in WAR.

Witch hunter it is then.

Sad no stealth though.

I have always loved playing stealther classes. I loved my ranger to death on DAOC. I loved hunting other stealthers..or taking the other groups healer out at the perfect time, etc. and so on.

But with that said...I'm kinda glad there won't be stealth. The majority of stealthers just want to gank noobs, or kill someone while they are fighting 3 or 4 mobs already...they are generally a pain in the arse and give the few honorable stealthers a bad name.

It will probably be a better game over all with no stealth, and if they can actually get rid of buffbots...I like this game better already..I hated having to have a buffbot just to live through the first 5 seconds of a 1v1.

D.

I can also tell you that Buffbots will not be in WAR as well as Stealth. The long duration buffs have been removed from the game. Mythic has really learned from the mistakes they made in DAoC and are trying to have this game work from the get go. Will it be perfect? Nope. There will be unforeseen balance problems, that's life in the world of MMOs. Will it be fun? That seems to be the consensus of everyone who has played the game to this point and been able to talk about it. I do believe Paul Barnett put it best a couple months back...."Fun, you ****ers." That what WAR is going to be about.

I for one am pretty excited that there will be no "stealth" ability in WAR. Though I often play thieves/rogues in RPGs, I like getting away from that "click a button and ta-da! I'm invisible" concept of stealth. I'm of the opinion of you want to be stealthy, a player should have to learn to use the landscape and their environment rather than a point-and-click get out of jail free card. I'm excited that Mythic is throwing this tired old convention out the window. I think it'll make things a lot more challenging for those of us who enjoy playing more stealthy type classes--especially in a PvP environment!
  • AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726

Originally posted by A55kicka

Ok are the Chaos humans or undead type things or both? Im pretty sure both right? and what the hell is up with the marauder? looks more like a mutated human than undead.
    Chaos are very much mutated humans mingled in with daemons.

Chaos are not undead in any way, shape or form. There are actual Undead armies in the Warhammer world, the Vampire Counts of Sylvannia and the Tomb Kings of Khemri. They are very different from Chaos. What follows it to help give you a better understanding of what Chaos really is.

"In the frozen wastes of the Realms of Chaos, the hordes of the Dark Gods gather strength and conspire to dominate the Warhammer world. Chaos is a fickle mistress, however. Some who follow the dark powers are blessed with great strength and unimaginable power. Others are cursed with debilitating mutations and eventually devolve into mindless, gibbering Chaos Spawn. Chaos is a constant threat to the civilized lands of Men, Elves, and Dwarfs, and constant vigilance is required to battle the frequent incursions of the forces of Chaos."

"The Hordes of Chaos army is really two armies in one. If the army is led by a mortal General, then mortal troops are Core selections, and daemonic troops are Special choices. Similarly, in armies led by a daemonic General, Daemons are Core, and Mortals are Special. The General’s affiliation to one of the Chaos Gods or Chaos Undivided also functions to determine which types of troops can be included in the army. Further variety can be added to Hordes of Chaos army by incorporating troops from the Beasts of Chaos army list, which is fully compatible with the Hordes of Chaos rules."

"Because of the mutating nature of Chaos, the Hordes army is a converter’s dream. Most regiment boxed sets include a variety of mutated arms, heads, and other bitz, so that you can represent the “gifts” of the Gods on the battlefield. More elaborate conversions like tentacled Warriors, rotting Marauders, and scratch-built Chaos Spawn are also possible. Few self-respecting Chaos Generals take to the field of battle without at least a couple of soldiers who have been touched by the warping power of Chaos."

You can find a good deal of information about Chaos here: us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/hordesofchaos/default.htm

And as you can see, they very much are not an Undead race. They are human, similar in nature to the Empire, only evil and mutated, sometimes beyond recognition.

Is it just me or do the Destrcution seem to have way many more characters to chose from, I mean you can be an Orc, goblin, Mutated Chaos, Human Chaos, and Dark Elf. While the order can only be Dwarf, Human Empire, and High Elf (as far as we know). It seems lopsided to me I don't know about anyone else, but you think they will make like 2 different sub-races, like the Greenskins, for high elves or something to make it more appealing to people? Because the High Elves need some love.

• Cyan8313Cyan8313 Member Posts: 37

High elf - Dark Elf
    Chaos - Empire
    Greenskin - Dwarf

Each race has 4 classes. What's special about greenskins is that they have 2 subraces and 2 classes per sub race. Goblin shaman/squig herder and Orc Choppa/Black Orc.

See http://www.war-rvr.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=142&Itemid=31 for about all that is known atm about War.

Goblin Shaman myself. "Wanna stomp some stunties! Oww.. watch big waagh stomp stunies. I stand back. Stoopid orc get oww..." ;)

• CSA_SaxonCSA_Saxon Member UncommonPosts: 11

I'm all about the Dwarfs. I plan on trying everything except Runepriest.

Looks like the Chaos are REALLY popular, damn a little more than 1/4 of people wanna be Chaos.

Looks like the Chaos are REALLY popular, damn a little more than 1/4 of people wanna be Chaos.

You are still running into the sampling size problem. Only 145 people have voted. Of the 200,000 that signed up for beta, your sampling of players is still not even a tenth of one percent of those aforementioned players. The only thing you can judge based on this poll is that it seems the majority of players on this particular forum want to play Chaos. Making any kind of generalized statement beyond that becomes false because the number of people that have voted on this poll is only a fraction of those that will actually play the game.

You are still running into the sampling size problem. Only 145 people have voted. Of the 200,000 that signed up for beta, your sampling of players is still not even a tenth of one percent of those aforementioned players. The only thing you can judge based on this poll is that it seems the majority of players on this particular forum want to play Chaos. Making any kind of generalized statement beyond that becomes false because the number of people that have voted on this poll is only a fraction of those that will actually play the game.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9325&page=16

Check that out close to 1000 people have voted there Greenskins and Chaos very popular.

That puts the count at half of one percent. Better, but still hardly indicative of what the population actually will be.

If you want to test for yourself what percentage of applied beta testers have contributed to a given poll, you take the number of results and divide that by 200,000. Then you multiply that result by 100 and that gives you your percentage. When you get closer to 10% of the total applied beta population, you will have something more substantial. But such a small sampling size doesn't show a trend towards anything at all other than that very explicit set of conditions and results. That is why Mythic would have a survey pop up frequently when they needed feedback when you would log into DAoC. They could get a much better sampling size of their current player base that way than rely on a very small section of their player base that just happened to use a particular website. This is also why Mythic has decided not to go with official forums. You don't get anywhere near a majority of a player base using said forums. They will have the feedback forum and more surveys like they ran with DAoC.

• ezze_xezze_x Member Posts: 38

I am not 100% but I think ill be going the hybrid class for Dark elves, why?

Because the high elves look like huge panzies, lol... So I figure I'd want to beat them down the most.

Aim: Ezxistence2

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Chaos All the Way,Most likely the Choosen. I think one of the reasons there leaving the Elves for last....Every one and there mother plays an elf,not really but just about (this coming form some one who plays an Elf {grin} ).

• drg0nzo1drg0nzo1 Member Posts: 18

I want to be a space marine =(

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer" -Bruce Lee

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

The percents show right now that Order is roughly 36% of the votes.  Yep, Order will be the underdog.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Well i guess id be a Warrior Priest of Sigmar because they can be pretty cool if you roleplay [and they look Badd Ass too].

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• laleblaleb Member Posts: 215

Well I really want there to be an awsome Dark elf class that can drag me away from warrior priest or witch hunter

But chaos and green skins look sweet so i guess im undecided.

That and my fiance wont play as a bald woman or a guy shes kinda stubborn that way.

• pristontalepristontale Member Posts: 59

Obviously one of the greenskin classes, they are the best race. WAAAGH! Probably Shaman.

Originally posted by Aguy

The percents show right now that Order is roughly 36% of the votes.  Yep, Order will be the underdog.
    Do you honestly believe a poll with only 186 votes shows any kind of trend on what people will play? 186 votes out of now 300,000 beta applications is 6 thousands of 1 percent of just the beta applications. Like I've been saying in this entire thread...the sampling size here is way too small to make any kind of judgment on. That's just basic research and statistics.

And it's stuff like this that enforce Mythic's choice of foregoing an official forum as being a good one. Read my post at the top of this page. I explain why basing any kind of population off a poll with such a small sampling  is wrong. 0.06% of just the beta applications doesn't even begin to cover what people will play when the game goes live.

The only result you can say regarding this particular poll is this:

Of the MMORPG.com WAR frequenters, less than 36% of them will play on the side of Order.

There is a huge difference in what you said and what I said. If the game was only going to have players that come from the MMORPG.com site, then what you said would be correct. However...that's not the case.

Originally posted by Aguy

Do you honestly believe a poll with only 186 votes shows any kind of trend on what people will play? 186 votes out of now 300,000 beta applications is 6 thousands of 1 percent of just the beta applications. Like I've been saying in this entire thread...the sampling size here is way too small to make any kind of judgment on. That's just basic research and statistics.

And it's stuff like this that enforce Mythic's choice of foregoing an official forum as being a good one. Read my post at the top of this page. I explain why basing any kind of population off a poll with such a small sampling  is wrong. 0.06% of just the beta applications doesn't even begin to cover what people will play when the game goes live.

The only result you can say regarding this particular poll is this:

Of the MMORPG.com WAR frequenters, less than 36% of them will play on the side of Order.

There is a huge difference in what you said and what I said. If the game was only going to have players that come from the MMORPG.com site, then what you said would be correct. However...that's not the case.

I've looked at about 10 site with these kind of polls... and they all show the same trend. I think we can expect something like this, sure it is a small sampling size but if the voting trend keeps going the same the percents will be the same with just larger numbers.

• WarpHunterWarpHunter Member Posts: 147

Orc Choppa all the way... If they ever decide to add Skaven, then probably play one of those as well...

As far  as the whole Destruction/Order popularity goes, it does seem as though Destruction is currently the favored amongst most players according to what I have read and discussed in other forums and in irc. Wether or not that will hold true come release is a different story. Most players are either too busy playing their current mmo to come vote, are still undecided as to what they want to play, or are cluesless about games untill they reach the store shelf. Its a pretty common fact that only 5-10% of a games player base will actually post on official forums and since WAR has no official forums then the number of actual fans posting is probably closer to just 5% of the potential player base.

Warp

Chaos are probably even more popular now after the Marauder info was released

• spikeynormanspikeynorman Member UncommonPosts: 150

yeah but im sticking wtih da boyz! and a DE alt too 

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion,I gain strength, through strength,I gain power,through power,I gain victory,through victory,my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

• skitzo626skitzo626 Member Posts: 42

Like many others said its still too early to judge numbers at this time. i wouldn't worry too much about Destruction being overpopulated. In a lot of games i've seen where polls are made, a lot of them always go for the "bad guys" exp: WoW Beta Polls always had Horde on top and we all know what happend later. I voted for chaos because i see myself playing a zealot or a magus, but i do like the goblin shaman too 

bump

This discussion has been closed.