Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving it a go.

ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

Ok, I'm rewriting this post as a review of my initial impressions of the game. I'll be giving it another go tomorrow, and will post any rewrites here.

Graphics 6/10

You can take the graphics as a defining factor for this game, mediocre. The animation is quite smooth, and maintains many different monsters and characters at once. However, even from a distance, it's rather grainy, and the textures are unimpressive.

A detail of this game you'll see a lot is the high level armor (I assume it to be so, nicest armor is typically the highest eh?) You can't miss it, and I mean it in a bad way, it's bright, glaring, soul-crushing gold. The armor itself is quite intricate, but the game doesn't handle it well, so it comes across as textures. Something amusing about WYD: You can identify high levels by the size of their weapons. The really fancy stuff is so gigantic it comes across as a parody (sort of forwards that old stereotype with a little bit of compensation)

Summary: Big, and fancy. Graphical style is very 'asian grindery' See FlyFF, Deco Online, or EuDemons for examples. Monsters look like they took a bunch of stuff from Conan, and Warhammer 40k, and then stuck them in everywhere.

Roleplaying n/a

I would guess non-existent. This game didn't seem particularly deep.

Sounds 6.5/10

I was actually quite impressed by the musical quality of this game, there's bunches of different songs right off the bat, and they manage to transcend the disgusting synth-bubblegumpop you usually see in games like this (FlyFF players will know what I mean, music in there made my ears bleed). However, the monster noises are rather obnoxious, and the boring grunts of your avatar, and your enemies quickly get old.

Performance 6.5/10

This game is a bit of a mixed bag. It's got more depth than you typically see in Asian grinders, but still didn't seem like it managed to get beyond the formula of 'kill, kill, kill, and then kill some more' There is pking, as well as a large scale castle battle type thing, as I did none of either, I can't make much of a comment. It looks as though it's pk anywhere, BUT with modes: You can turn your pk mode on and off, as well as with different settings to allow for team fighting.

I was initially disappointed with the point-'n-click Wyd uses, but it's really rather appropriate, it makes maneuvering easier than it would be with WASD. Fighting combines well with the clicking, you can click once for a single attack, or set auto attack mode. The fighting uses the typical skill square system- You know what I mean, 'set Fireball to F1, etc.'

Classes 4.5/10

I was impressed that Wyd manages to avoid the typical 'Meat Tank, Mage, Healer, Rogue' class set we typically see- but just barely.

We have, TransKnight (Meat tank), Foema (Think Red mages, you can choose to heal, and attack with magic), Beast Masters (Mix shaman with beastmasters, and we have this guy), and finally, Hunter (Uses bow or claws, but plays like a rogue)

What really disappointed me about Wyd's classes is, there is ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMIZATION. None. You pick a class and that's it, no gender choice, no face swap. Nothing. Your class comes pre-genderfied ala. Corum

• TransKnight: Male
  • Foema: Female
  • Beastmaster: Male
  • Hunter (huntress really): Female

Service and interface 6.5/10

Nothing all that bad here. The gms seemed to be active in the game, and used ingame bulletins to notify everyone of updates.

What really, really annoyed me here, was the game interface, I could seriously not figure out where I was supposed to be going or doing. A good amount of the text is written in Engrish, as well having a good bit of Korean kanji splattered about.

The character and weapons interface was a hassle, with a careless double click sending your character running in another direction.

And let's not forget the skills, as I mentioned earlier, the generic skill tile system is used, with hotkeys. The only trouble is using them, the skill slots listed didn't seem to correspond to any buttons on my keyboard, so I was left high and dry there.

Skill Overview: Purchased using skill points gained from leveling up, decent amount of skills per character, uses more points to level up each skill.

Game Summary

Not a bad game, but not good either, seems to be rather unique among the bland stuff we typically get from the Korea(Sorry Korea, sad but true. Western games ain't much better though) Good for some, but I doubt it will enjoy wide success. Much of it seems to try to be very mediocre, graphics, characters, classes. However, I was impressed with the depth put into the music, as well as the fact that the gaming style is different than typical hack-n-slash. Nothing revolutionary here. The fighting style of mowing down masses of creatures with ease seemed reminiscent of Dynasty Warriors mixed with Gauntlet. You level extremely fast (I hit level 17 within 5 minutes), but the level cap has got to be around 400 or 500.

Recommended: Give it a try, I wasn't really wowed by it. For fans of ridiculously shiny armor, and unnecessarily phallic, as well as tremendously huge weapons- As well as Gauntlet fans, this game really made me think of you guys. For those who want an asian game that doesn't play quite like the others.

Total Score: 6/10

Comments

• mrvietlawmrvietlaw Member Posts: 69

this game is like MU fast paced mmorpg

• erikaleierikalei Member Posts: 2

I will also try to give comments regarding this game later. :)

• starbuckskimstarbuckskim Member Posts: 26

I've plyaed this game.

It's quite good regarding war system and level up. it's so fast, faster than anyother mmorpg.

but one thing, I found is there is no too much information about those system.

I suggest that they have to improve it soon.

good luck for this game.

My character name is starbug and member of mapia guild.

• rpgonrpgon Member Posts: 8

This game is like the Diablo.. 

Especially, graphic and UIs are really similar with the Diablo.

If you've played Diablo & Diablo2, you can enjoy this game...

• shinn_asuka7shinn_asuka7 Member Posts: 11

i agree with rpgon the game looks very similar to diablo..

except for the shiny armors and the big weapons plus the horses..

i've seen the game some told me that it is just the same as supreme destiny..

perhaps it is an international server..

i will give it a try after i finished downloading the client..

"Devils never cry..."