Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone tell me the name of this game?

A while back I played a mmorpg for a game, it was like a cutesy fantasy 3d game. If i remember right it was pretty much chibi based, the monsters you first killed as a newbie were like butterflys, or something with wings x.x It also cost to bank items, thats pretty much all the details i can think of right off hand, but i would like to find this game again..so im hoping someone out there knows what im talking about?

hope this is in the right section cause I couldnt figure out where else to put it.

Comments

• OlujiwanOlujiwan Member UncommonPosts: 18

Uhm i can already think of ....like.....25 games that start that way...

Come to think off it...

MMORPG`s can be quite one-sided....

Omg did u have to make me realise that .... :O

Equilibrium's Community Leader.
    A dedicated Guildwars 2 PvP Guild.

• The only 'chibi' games I can think of are Flyff and Ragnarok Online. Never played either, just noticed them posting on these boards. Good luck with your search.

• MistakenoneMistakenone Member Posts: 9

Yea, unfortunately thats all the details I can remember, seeings how I only played it less then a week..I have been trying to find it for 2 days and I can't find it lol..Lets see here hmm I believe the starting map was a small town, a bridge you go over to get to the butterflies, 2 guards and one other dude was standing infront  of some building..*tries to think of more details* yea im not positive it was chibi based, but i believe it was. can almost picture the map..lemme see if i can draw it out in paint or something x.x

Forgive the crappy drawing, lol..the red dots are npcs. The bank was the the big blue circle..umm the brown things are bridges, lots more npcs then that but thats all i can remember.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7048/maprl4.png

• KrekkoKrekko Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Mistakenone

Yea, unfortunately thats all the details I can remember, seeings how I only played it less then a week..I have been trying to find it for 2 days and I can't find it lol..Lets see here hmm I believe the starting map was a small town, a bridge you go over to get to the butterflies, 2 guards and one other dude was standing infront  of some building..*tries to think of more details* yea im not positive it was chibi based, but i believe it was. can almost picture the map..lemme see if i can draw it out in paint or something x.x

Do you remember if you were playing on a free trial/paying, or was it free to play? If you know, it could help narrow down the search.

-----

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

sounds like Flyff to me, there was little butterfly things in the starter area. more like egg shape with bat wings

I can't remember, apparently this game wasn't too popular because I can't find it on any mmorpg list I've looked through, I guess im not going to be able to find it.

Edit: Nope, not flyff I've played that before, and I know specifically what that one is

• sai_borg_yajsai_borg_yaj Member Posts: 9

I've played both Flyff and Ragnarok Online, and as someone else brought up earlier, that's all I can think of.

You should try to play Gunbound.  I really liked that game.

• DarniaqDarniaq Member Posts: 15

Dofus?

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

was it Scions of Fate? it use to be called something else (forget what)that has the Chibi look you discribed. the name change would also explain why you couldn't find it on the list

Nope, recently got done playing scions of fate. wasn't dufos, characters too small..It was characters kinda like rose online, cept pretty different

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

It's Flyff. I'm almost 100% sure of it.

No its not flyff, Ive played flyff the maps arent anything like each other. hang on im looking through a full list of mmorpgs again

Yea..cant find it, guess ill just find a new game to play.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Don't loose hope in finding it, make sure you check both the released and beta/development sections of the game list here at mmorpg.com. Its more than likely here. Do you recall if the game was f2p or not though? Would help slightly.

From what you've given so far though, Im gonna say its ROSE online?

I have no idea if its f2p, i only played a few days. Nope not rose either..played that through the whole trial lol. Hmm this had to have been about a year and a half ago that i played it. I'll sleep on it tonight and see if i cant remember anymore details in the mornin

• CaptainWinkiCaptainWinki Member Posts: 13

Priston Tale?

• TolwynnTolwynn Member Posts: 240

i was thinking priston tale too...but werent those puffy powder puffballs in the newb area? heh

like a bunch of tribbles

------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    <insert gloat of ubar toon here>
    <insert random game here>
    <insert random game here>
    ---------------------------
    <insert witty anecdote here>
    <political/religious agenda here>

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

I cant remember the newb area perfectly but you could be thinking of a game called ROSE online. i forgot what the newb mobs look like though.

• CaptainWinkiCaptainWinki Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Tolwynn

i was thinking priston tale too...but werent those puffy powder puffballs in the newb area? heh

like a bunch of tribbles 
    Yeah, you're right. The very first mobs in PT were those little green things with a tiny horn on their heads.

--Just checked the PT site and they're called Hopy. The only flying mobs I could find were those at a much higher level...

Nope not priston tale or rose..though i would like to try priston tale but the sites messed up >.>

• silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

Could it have been Trickster online? They have a free Beta my daughter and I tried. The site is prob www.tricksteronline.com

• Minno24Minno24 Member Posts: 26

Fairyland? it sounds like what you are describing

1010game.com