Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

player drops

karantanijakarantanija Member Posts: 57

its not realy something you would find in anormal western game, but i rember being it a big part of L2, so, does anyone know if players will drop items when killed?

Comments

• Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by karantanija

its not realy something you would find in anormal western game, but i rember being it a big part of L2, so, does anyone know if players will drop items when killed?

i dont know sorry ask some of the fan sites they would know.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by karantanija

its not realy something you would find in a normal western game, but i rember being it a big part of L2, so, does anyone know if players will drop items when killed?

Hmmm....I beg to differ. First generation western games pretty much had it as a standard feature. EQ, AC and UO all support item drop on death. In fact the item drop was crippling as you dropped a large amount if not everything on death. Second generation games is were that pretty much disappeared. I also believe Conan and WAR are going to have some form of item drop. Conan is going going to have "blood money" last I read. Vanguard (I hate to even reference that trainwreck) has a form of item drop also but it has a lot of conditions attached to it and is somewhat rare from what I understand.

Aion hasn't said anything about that but I doubt its gonna have item drop. It doesn't seem to fit the "ethereal fluffyness" Aion is going for.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

I remember reading an interview with the devs last month and they were asked the same question you are asking. And they stated, "no" , there will be no player drops of any kind. If I can find the link to the article, I will post the link in this thread.

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• karantanijakarantanija Member Posts: 57

thanks for the info, i rember being scared of droping something you grinded for for hours, but its true it aded excitment and adrenalin to pvp. EVE has some adrenalistic (not sure its a word) pvp, no resurection no nothing, you get blown up, say ,,so long,, to you ship

Ahhh ha!.. found the article... here's the link. And yes.. they stated that players will "never" drop items in Aion.

http://www.aionfuse.com/forum/showthread.php?p=361#post361

"Q: Will players drop items or lose XP upon death?

A: Players will never drop items. There will be a small amount of XP loss but nothing extreme."

• savagebeastsavagebeast Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by jmmcglo

Ahhh ha!.. found the article... here's the link. And yes.. they stated that players will "never" drop items in Aion.
    http://www.aionfuse.com/forum/showthread.php?p=361#post361
    "Q: Will players drop items or lose XP upon death?

A: Players will never drop items. There will be a small amount of XP loss but nothing extreme."

Does exp loss happen only upon death in pve or does it apply in  pvp as well? I would cry (not literally) if it was the same in pvp, that would make pvp very undesirable lol!

That's a good question . I'm not sure but I know that the Devs haven't been very specific on anything far as exp loss and the criteria dealing with exp loss. Only thing thay have said was that there won't be an "extreme" amount of exp loss. Such as the exp loss associated with FFXI. If you don't get a raise 3 after you die... you pretty well lose 1hr of exp. 

• lonewolf01lonewolf01 Member Posts: 7

gezz u guys sound like a bunch of carebear.......hoo no im gonna lose exp if i die wthsoever.

wth the point of killing ur enemies if ur not making if lose anything importand?wiched where the exp coming into it by making them losing exp ur making them lvl slower wich will give a chance to ur side getting ahead on lvl..............seriously pvp that cant handle losing exp mostly are just crybaby or shouldnt even play a pvp game coz u gotta get this in mind in any pvpgame u play whereever u goes there will alway fighting waiting for u,either u stop crying n fight or just maybe look for a carebear game lol anyway good luck.

PS;make sure dont sure not on my sign if ur n enemies coz i will make sure to hunt u down n kill u even if u cry 

• powerpolkpowerpolk Member Posts: 80

Well, as much as you dont lose money or items or Exp on death from other players,

The question is, Can you drop Items and Money on the Ground?

Probably not, But this feature is used in CO, which is nothing compared to Aion,

The dropping allows you to  Very easily and quickly share money  or items with others,

Also its a good tool for Helping noobs,  Drop money at  Spawning point,

Many will think this is a bad idea, but it comes in handy when ur just starting out in a game!

• Deadsyzz0mgDeadsyzz0mg Member UncommonPosts: 14

i hope they dont make it so you drop items >.<, one of my least favorite things about those games that do, to work / buy armor and then lose it because of 1 death...