Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion: Let us know if the game is still alive.

mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

plz?

Comments

• Yukari_MommaYukari_Momma Member Posts: 50

We keep having GameMasters in here say outright that it's still going.  They aren't allowed to say much else and I actually think it's smart for the company not to say much else anyhow looking at how saying things hype people up for disappointment when something goes wrong (as things always do).

The game is still alive!  Shhh!

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

I'm not "waiting" for it to come out. There are plenty of other titles to keep me occupied. I just have a particular fondness for HJ's vision and hope to see it someday.

If anything, I'm only looking for  something official. Like a dev blog, or a semi-regular update on mmorpg.com (like they used to make). Before there a steady enough flow of info to keep people checking in, but the stream dried up.

I understand reasons to keep things on the downlow until the time is "right". But it seems like they left us hanging for a while. Now we wait and see if its a temporary dry spell, or if the game they envisioned simply isn't going to happen.

• SolrekSolrek Member Posts: 63

The game is still alive. In their 2007 GDC interview they mentioned that all of the Hero Engine licensing had slowed production on Hero's Journey so they plan to double the size of the company to renew focus on the game. For me, I hope they wait until it is polished before releasing it because there are a lot of shallow, unimaginative MMOs coming out. HJ has a chance to stand out as a really deep and innovative game.

World Builder GM
    Hero's Journey

A bigger team to help deliver all of their cool concepts? Thats awesome news

Now then. . . pics plz ~ lol

• SolrekSolrek Member Posts: 63

There is streaming video from GDC 2007 of HJ gameplay at the bottom of this article:

http://www.heroshall.com/gdc20071.php

World Builder GM
    Hero's Journey
  • Dyng-JohanDyng-Johan Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Yukari_Momma

We keep having GameMasters in here say outright that it's still going.  They aren't allowed to say much else and I actually think it's smart for the company not to say much else anyhow looking at how saying things hype people up for disappointment when something goes wrong (as things always do).

The game is still alive!  Shhh!
    The GM's also told us it was alive during the very long "radio silence", when in fact it was on development pause (thanks to hero engine). Some would argue that it WAS alive anyway, and it sort of was, but GM's insisted that the engine and the game was developed at the same time without interference.

So I wouldn't trust a GM as they aren't alowed to say anything else and tends to be VERY biased, I guess thats in the NDA...

So lets say "We HOPE it's still alive!"

• KyoKasamaKyoKasama Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Solrek

I hope they wait until it is polished before releasing it because there are a lot of shallow, unimaginative MMOs coming out.

Agreed.

Would be sad to see it end like Vanguard.

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Thing is, you can actually play Vanguard, sadly we cant say this about HJ, yet.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

This thread is off topic and should be bumped as it adds no value whatsoever.

Originally posted by Isane

This thread is off topic and should be bumped as it adds no value whatsoever.
     A "bump" usually means sending a thread back up to the top of a forum. This thread has been at the top of this suggestion forum for weeks now, even when you "bumped" it. Your "bump" adds no value whatsoever.

Why has it been sitting at the top for weeks? Because most people don't know if this game is still alive or not.

• khanstructkhanstruct Member UncommonPosts: 756

4 years later. Are we still wondering?

Why is this forum even still here? MMORPG.com needs to do some spring cleaning, I think.