Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: E3 Preview

13»

Comments

• jusagamfrekjusagamfrek Member Posts: 56

Agreed!  This is going to be a darker, gorier, more violent mmo than anything previous, and yet it's the R-rated nudity that draws the ire of the conservative base.  Good to know we have our priorities straight. 

On a side note, I've done a lot of digging on this game (unfortunately since hitting 50 on LotRO, the gaming arena has been stale).  This looks to be an excellent game.  The gameplay will make it or break it for me though, and that's a variable that cannot be tested until launch (or at least late beta).

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by thejudge1
    Darkfall will kick AoC's ass hard.

'Nuff said.

Darkfall is better than everything.

This is simply because the imagination can make it a perfect game. Because it will never exist, we can all imagine what a perfect game it could be.

I love Darkfall.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• SpankarooSpankaroo Member Posts: 21

darkfall isn't going to go anywhere. It'l just be another shadowbane. With what i've seen the devs wanting to do with it... the community will eliminate itself.

• RanlawlRanlawl Member Posts: 126

For those who are complaining and stating that it is not mature because they keep mentioning boobs, that is part of maturity, being able to look at boobs in a game while keeping your hands on your keyboard and mouse is maturity, just like drinking within the game, it is aiming towards the aspects of life that adults are exposed to and are mature enough to handle, if you are looking at it as immature because of boobs, you may as well take out fighting, which is immature. Those who are able to not get carried away about boobs will be those that advance in the game and don't suck at pvp. No sane person would play a game just cause there are boobs in it, they may as well play 3feel, they play for content and because they feel it is a good game, which im sure AoC will be.

• TrentHTrentH Member Posts: 44

We're not saying the fact that it has boobs makes the game immature...its the fact that they need to prove the maturity of the game by proclaiming... "we've got boobies" and then furthermore try to show how "mature" and "sexual" the game is going to be by posting pictures of demons feeling themselves up on the website and call it a content update....  The game may be mature, alright sure, not arguing, the marketing strat isn't....

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I find some of the post about how hot the fanny is at the booths are a bit over the top, because weather or not they have to result in using females to sell a product to me is just shallow.  But I have to say I think the shot of them plastic nip and tuck tarts would not tempt my coin from my pocket unless I just wanted to play this game.

I personally can not understand why people get so excited with birds dressed in fur flashing their tit's about at game shows.  Seems some of you folk do not get serviced to regular.  Personally I would like to see the use of gender exploiting removed altogether from advertising.

Bandit.

Asbo

• sirespersiresper Member Posts: 317

Mature is an interesting word with an ironic effect on people.

Mature content is designed and intended for mature people. And yet, it is most often the immature, and not the mature, that are so specifically drawn to it.  In a way it could just as easily be called immature content when you think about it.

As for AoC, I only hope they aren't using mature content to cover up a lackluster game, as so many games have done in the past.

• TrentHTrentH Member Posts: 44

Which I'm afraid they are <_<

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

Originally posted by TrentH

For such a "mature" game, that quote sounds like a sure way to get preteens interested....c'mon... who shows off about boobs to promote a game, thats just getting desperate.  This isn't BMX XXX
    Not just teens, mate. Why do you think most of the people working in PR are attractive females? The media and our society are currently sexually over-saturated and unfortunately some people just go along with "the flow" and accept what is promoted as solid reality.

You'd be surprised how immature top level executive meetings can get, we men are simple creatures with primal motivators. People would be amazed to find out about the decision making of some of the world's top executives.

• thinkingbearthinkingbear Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Hrothmund

we men are simple creatures with primal motivators. People would be amazed to find out about the decision making of some of the world's top executives.

We are after all still little more than cave men in cars and neck ties :)

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095

Where's the male nudity?  Stinking, male cheauvanistic, bible thumping devs.

On the serious side note, I am very disappointed that they decided to put raiding in the game and its already starting to look like they intend to focus on the elite 20% of the player base by giving them the best content and the best rewards just like the rest of the LOSER MMO's out there.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861

Originally posted by Vrazule
    On the serious side note, I am very disappointed that they decided to put raiding in the game and its already starting to look like they intend to focus on the elite 20% of the player base by giving them the best content and the best rewards just like the rest of the LOSER MMO's out there.
    Of course they are.  I figured that out over a year ago when the devs were arguing that the poor little raid farmers would be disappointed if they didn't get the most bestest stuff evar.  And when they argued that nobody would sit through raid farming session if it didn't result in the bestest most uber leet rewards.

Since then they have learned to be more careful of their wording but they have never said that they changed their minds about it either.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Originally posted by Vrazule

Where's the male nudity?  Stinking, male cheauvanistic, bible thumping devs.

Lol there is partial nudity for women and men in the game. The Barbarian in that video had no top on after all. Oh yea, I know, it's no 'good bits'. But you can blame god or evolution or whom ever you wish for giving women lovely breasts up top and men just skin and muscle.

As to the whole 'cater to the elite 20%' and raiding suddenly being the most important and be-all/end-all for the game. You really should do your research before posting stuff like that. The devs have made it abundantly clear that Raiding is just more content for PvE players, and not the sole focus of the game. On top of that, gear and loot in raids will have no effect on PvP. Even that crafted gear will be almost as good, and far more versatile then gear dropped in raids.

For more info, check this thread out;

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/140003

• OpheleaOphelea Member Posts: 85

A bunch of us had hands-on time about 2 weeks before E3. I know MMORPG linked to it.

Here's a direct link to my site: http://www.gamersinfo.net/index.php?art/id:1780

Here's TenTonHammer's: http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/8793

Does that help?