Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realm Points

sorry if this has been posted before but i was just wondering if there is supposed to be "realm points" implemented in WAR endgame like Daoc has?

Comments

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

"The Hickman": So, there are a lot of different rewards in RvR. Primarily in RvR you get Renown, if you are familiar with Dark Age of Camelot, Renown is very similar to the Realm Point system. Do not compare our Renown system to other games. It's not like other PvP alternate advancement systems, ok, it's like Dark Age of Camelot's. What you earn, you earn, you keep. It's just like earning experience. It is Realm vs. Realm experience. So as you earn Renown it unlocks a lot of different things for you. It unlocks new titles, just like in Dark Age, there are things we lifted straight across from Dark Age that were so successful that it would be stupid for us to change it. So for example, every 10 Renown ranks you get a title. Everybody can see the title, people see you coming, they know how bad ass you are in RvR by your title, and by the way you look. 

Iv made a mess
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

good to hear, thank you 

• vinzonevinzone Member UncommonPosts: 255

sweet i liked the realm point system of DAoC another thing to look forward to in WAR

• kraidenkraiden Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 638

as long as they keep the timered abilities to a minimum and do more passive and latteral advancement type bonuses, I like it. But having all of the 10 minute 1 button power-ups was a real downer for me in daoc, and the 3 minute power ups are a downer in wow.

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by kraiden

as long as they keep the timered abilities to a minimum and do more passive and latteral advancement type bonuses, I like it. But having all of the 10 minute 1 button power-ups was a real downer for me in daoc, and the 3 minute power ups are a downer in wow.

I agree... timer abilities just ruin things and iv always HATED that counter argument "its balanced cause they can only use it every ## minutes"...  for example, see WoW Paladin immunity shield

• kraidenkraiden Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 638

Nothing made me cry more than getting in a great fight with another group and it be a knock down and drag out affair but we dont get the ball to bounce our way and we wipe. So we all rush right back and hope to even the score and get into another fair fight against the same group. We rush back and find that group all sitting at the portal keep waiting for their timered abilities to come back before leaving to fight again.

timered abilities are ok when theres very little of them and they arent too powerful (think evocate in wow, or force of nature for druids) but strong ones are just a bad idea (think SoS and BoF in daoc, or Recklessness/retalliation POM+RP+Trinket+Pyro in wow)

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by kraiden
    Nothing made me cry more than getting in a great fight with another group and it be a knock down and drag out affair but we don't get the ball to bounce our way and we wipe. So we all rush right back and hope to even the score and get into another fair fight against the same group. We rush back and find that group all sitting at the portal keep waiting for their timered abilities to come back before leaving to fight again.
    timered abilities are ok when theres very little of them and they aren

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

as long as i can progress with my character at max level other than item upgrades then i am happy. i am sure it will make it challenging for them to balance it but if it makes the game a little unbalanced i am okay with that.