Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Games Day Impressions

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

This past weekend. MMORPG.com's Joe Iuliani and Anthony Love attended the Games Workshop Games Day in Baltimore, MD. In this column, Joe gives his impressions of the game.

The power of the WAAAGH radiated through the Baltimore Convention Center Lobby, at Games Day 2007, hosted by Games Workshop. The cheers and screams of Masses of Games Workshop fans heralded the start of the event. Fortunately for me, I was on the inside of the doors. Despite being separated from the crowd, you could sense the enthusiasm waiting to come on through.

The day's events consisted of painting contests, scenery construction, and of course, tons of table top gaming (both individual games, and "BIG" games) The Big Games consisted of dozens of players forming two separate teams and cooperating with each other to crush their competitors. Sound Familiar? Table top gaming is one of the oldest forms of competitive and cooperative massive multiplayer games. At the heart of modern table top gaming lies Games Workshop. Games Workshop's miniatures, board and role playing games have spanned the globe for nearly thirty years now. Fans of Games Workshop games don't just play these games, they love these games. No really, they LOVE these games. The level of detail and commitment dedicated to amassing, assembling, and displaying their forces is overwhelming. For anybody who has never seen any Golden Daemon, do yourself a favor and search out some images on the net. You won't be disappointed, well unless you completely aren't into that, in which case you may be disappointed.

Read all of Joe's column here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Fangtooth Kasumi  is hAwt!! 

sorry, couldn't resist.  ;)

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616
    GW may have once been at the heart of miniature gaming, but those days are past. Continuing to price themselves out of a growing market, they lost touch with a large portion of their older fans, and the miniatures aren't exactly progressing either. There's several other games on the market now that are slowly starting to make themselves known.

But that's off-topic ;) The Warhammer universe is still great, and WAR looks damn good. Gonna have to try it.
  • AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

It's always great to hear the interest being sparked wherever this game goes.

This is my Number One upcoming MMORPG to watch - can't wait to see it released.

• DrgonzothxDrgonzothx Member Posts: 59

That right there is what I'm looking for in a game.  A game that won't force me into a play style and will allow me to play how I feel.  If I want to quest I can, if I want to pvp I can, if I want to walk to the top of the mountain to see whats up there I can and likely get rewarded for it too.  

• CabadrinCabadrin Member Posts: 7

This was interesting, but it sounds a lot like a Warhammer fanboy who was already hyped by the product talking about how cool it will be. Not that that is a bad thing, but I'd like a more objective preview before i start getting excited.