Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Surf's Up?

2»

Comments

• Drakon911Drakon911 Member Posts: 17
    Just in time for Father's Day!

Everyone who pre-purchases a ticket to see Surf's Up gets a FREE copy of Vanguard AND a coupon for a free large popcorn!

This is a joke. Please do not sue me when you don't get your free goodies.

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 53
    @Drakon911:

There was an advertisement for a newspaper in austrian cinemas.

A fucked up pizzeria with an ugly waitress and a dirty looking mexican type guy, who was playing a guitar and singing terrible wrong.

Then another fucked up guy came into the picture and told: Come to the pizzeria Lambrusco...... please!

I was laughing so hard. That is the scene, which comes into my mind with this announcement

They sit at SOE and say: Hey, come and play Vanguard!.... please!

• mundus01mundus01 Member Posts: 100

Maybe they plan to make A next generation MMO out of surfs up?      

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by mundus01

Maybe they plan to make A next generation MMO out of surfs up?      

Maybe someday they'll make one out of Vanguard.

Remember, not so long ago, when you would not get two negatives words printed in a thread about VG without 20 flaming fanbois telling you "VG is the greatest game ever, n00b!"?

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

I think it was a bit disrespectful.

They have this as news to, The Masters of Fantasy Art – a Tribute to Keith Parkinson, but instead MMORPG.com choosed to highlight a regular advertisment... Is everything they do (at VG) wrongly done, regardless.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• DownMonkeyDownMonkey Member CommonPosts: 159
    As long as the ad isn't in game or REALLY in my face, ie pop ups or even worse, malware (which Safari will just about stop anyway) then I don't really mind who shows adds for what.

• boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161
    It's all explained in the test patch notes:

* To bridge the gap to the tier 3 boat, a new tier 2 vehicle has been introduced. Each of the continental styles of surfboard are different - the Kojan twin-fin, the Thestran big kahuna and the Qalian sandboard. A new rare material 'wax' must be obtained from crushed turtles to complete a working surfboard.
  • MaddthwipsMaddthwips Member Posts: 82
    what i dont understand is," why does anyone care about whether or not SONY online posts things about SONY movies?" its there website they can do what they want. besides, SOE is a smaller part of the Sony empire, as Sony Pictures is a large part of it, ill bet the SOE team didnt have a choice in the matter of posting about the movie. the movie looks like crap, imo. 3 penguin movies within a year and a half is too much.
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Well, MMORPG.com's neutrality (or lack thereof) has become very clear to me now.

I thought it was weird enough that this website frequently sends me updates for upcoming bug fixes from the Vanguard site, but now this?

This was posted on all of Sony's sites.

It's quite clear at this point that whoever is posting these "news" articles has a grudge against Vanguard and SOE.

What's despicable is not that Sony would advertise for their own products on their own webiste (How dare they?!), but that MMORPG.com would come and report it in this clearly sarcastic fashion, while neglecting report any updates of real significance (such as the tribute to Keith Parkinson).

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• DownMonkeyDownMonkey Member CommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Well, MMORPG.com's neutrality (or lack thereof) has become very clear to me now.I thought it was weird enough that this website frequently sends me updates for upcoming bug fixes from the Vanguard site, but now this?This was posted on all of Sony's sites.It's quite clear at this point that whoever is posting these "news" articles has a grudge against Vanguard and SOE.What's despicable is not that Sony would advertise for their own products on their own webiste (How dare they?!), but that MMORPG.com would come and report it in this clearly sarcastic fashion, while neglecting report any updates of real significance (such as the tribute to Keith Parkinson).

s'fair point.