Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

Comments

• PreCUPreCU Member Posts: 382
    SOE = dingleberry

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    soe should go bankrupt.  they should go bankrupt and die.
  • infrared1infrared1 Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Go vote at the lucasarts poll for the best version of SWG.  From 1/30/07 to 2/06/07 they will be conducting a poll to see what version people like the best.  If you are a vet of SWG and wanna tell L.A. and SOE that they screwed up, nows your chance. Obviously they are listening now, or want to listen or they would not have posted this poll. Make your voice heard and vote before it's too late.

www.lucasarts.com

Goto the link, it's on the right side of the screen. You can only vote once per I.P. address. Spread the word and lets show them how back they screwed the game and us.

As of now, pre-CU is running away with it, and has 77% of the vote so far. YAY!!! Please vote and spread the word. They are listening.
  • wargassmwargassm Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by raymerjacque

60 pages of flaming and hate posts ....
    ALLL I CAN SAY IS " GET A LIFE "
    The game ain't gonna change back to pre cu ever, get over it you lazy bums.
    go play WoW or lotro or something ....
    Seriously tho, ever heard of "any publicity is good publicity" ??
    your hate posts and flames is what is keeping SWG alive, you do more good to it than bad without even knowing it.

As per the topic of this thread.  Please you will never understand it.  Go watch the Nagger guy episode from this season of South Park.  I know afte you watch it you will understand where we all come from when we say you don't get it and more than likely never will.  You can view it @ www.comedycentral.com or www.southpark.com.  i would attempt to inform you but it's obvious to me that you wont understand me but if you watch the show you might.

Raymer my South African friend, do yourself a favor and go read, become a student of history and you will see where everyne is comming from.  Better yet ill give you this tidbit.

NEWS Sony online entertainment has announced plans to rebuild Port Elizabeth.  Due to reconstruction all city services will be disabled until the city is rebuilt.  Were sorry for the confusion we have launched upon you the unsuspecting people.  The construction and loss of city services will last at least 2 years.  Please come back to town in 2 years when we have finished rebuilding the city, for those who are displaced were sorry that were not able to afford you and housing subsidy's because we dont care if you leave or comeback.  We want new citizens, For our older generation we do not want you, We do appreicate the sacrifices you have made for our beloved city in the past but you are to much of a drain on our social services and economy and we no longer want you around.  If you persist in staying for the change we advise you to not to talk to anyone nor discuss this with newspapers.  If you do we will detain you for a minimum of 1 week.  If it continues you will be executed.

Now if that bit of fiction was published, How  would they respond?
  • JediMayaJediMaya Member Posts: 11

It's sad the SoE still hasn't woke up and smelled the roses.  They had a thriving community and instead of tweaking the game, they took a light sabers and slashed it to smithereens.  Yes, I am an old player that tried the game after the "upgrades" and didn't like what was left. 

For the person that used the WoW insult, why don't you attempt that game yourself.  Getting puffed up and screaming makes you fit right in with that MMORPG very well.  People are entitled to their opinion and it is a credit that people still want to see this game suceed and rise from the ashes.  If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read this topic.

I still think that SWG had the most awesome crafting system ever created.  However, when they killed the BE (which made my husband leave since he had put countless hours into working out what created the best beasts) and made the game impossible to solo by certain classes and last but not least, my favorite, the "If you are a crafter, good luck at getting the resources" upgrade.

I was here today to se if anything had been improved but it looks like SOE has given up on this game and are putting their efforts into EQ2.  My hat is off to those who still hope but it would take a Chosen One to change SOE's mentality.  I wish you all the best in your continuing fight.

• r4fhEDHh5fdr4fhEDHh5fd Member Posts: 7
    I actually love SOE!  I think they do incredible things!  Back in the day I would of never guessed I would be involved in Star Wars to the point I am now!  Loved the movie love the game!   Keep going you guys doin good!
  • poizenviperpoizenviper Member Posts: 67

its been awhile.... sry for the months i have not posted. but ive been busy playing another game, with that said...........

HOW you doing smed, vets still bashing you ? hows the sub count ? still selling that pile of chit called the nge?  miss us vets ?

one thing , how do you  feel about being the poster boy for { mmo's stupidest tricks } Its funny as hell when i see other publishers say "we will never do what soe did to our customers"!    Says alot about your buiss Smed....

I know you will never read this. but it makes me smile to write it.... peace Smed till i think of you again.....

• KetharKethar Member Posts: 27

My solution for LA / SOEs naive interpretation of the EULA, cencorship of CSRs ('specially Tiggs), and utterly horrible handling of the Star Wars name:

Release Chuck Norris on Houston.

CHUCK NORRIS FTW!!! 

Seriously, after the Negative Gaming Experience was launched in November of '05, I promptly cancelled my SWG account out of shock, cancelled my EQ2 account out of contempt, and trolled every forum on SOE's communities possible out of shear, madenning, unadulterated hate.

And to this day I won't even pick a game up off the shelf that has the trademark SOE logo on the cover. Not until either

1) SOE appologizes sincerely for there mistake, John Smedly is fired, new servers of pre-CU are created for the vets, and a competent dev team is hired (which may have happened from what I hear, but I still refuse to play and find out).

2) Another company recieves the Star Wars license and creates a Star Wars MMORPG (emphasis on the RPG part). Doesn't have to be pre-CU, just less buggy and preferably not the NGE and would NEVER pull off what SOE did.

3) A snowball actually HAS a chance in Hell. 

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a very bad idea" -Douglas Adams

• GetoveritGetoverit Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Kethar

My solution for LA / SOEs naive interpretation of the EULA, cencorship of CSRs ('specially Tiggs), and utterly horrible handling of the Star Wars name:
    CHUCK NORRIS FTW!!! 
    Seriously, after the Negative Gaming Experience was launched in November of '05, I promptly cancelled my SWG account out of shock, cancelled my EQ2 account out of contempt, and trolled every forum on SOE's communities possible out of shear, madenning, unadulterated hate.
    And to this day I won't even pick a game up off the shelf that has the trademark SOE logo on the cover. Not until either
    1) SOE appologizes sincerely for there mistake, John Smedly is fired, new servers of pre-CU are created for the vets, and a competent dev team is hired (which may have happened from what I hear, but I still refuse to play and find out).
    2) Another company recieves the Star Wars license and creates a Star Wars MMORPG (emphasis on the RPG part). Doesn't have to be pre-CU, just less buggy and preferably not the NGE and would NEVER pull off what SOE did.

"Great minds discuss ideas, lesser minds discuss things, and shitheads get personal."

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

CHUCK NORRIS FTW!!! 

Wow its nice that you figured out another way to vent your hate on SOE seeing as they did nothing that wasn't needed for that POS game called SWG.

Originally posted by Goldknyght
    Wow its nice that you figured out another way to vent your hate on SOE seeing as they did nothing that wasn't needed for that POS game called SWG.

I'm only stipulating, but by your use of the double negative, could you POSSIBLY be implying that 1: pre-NGE was an uber buggy mistake and 2: post-NGE is a godsend?

If that's the case, then perhaps my history is mixed up, because obvisouly somebody travelled back in time to launch, sabotaged it full of more bugs than even SOE is capable of, then proceeded to November '05 and in a single day's time removed every last bug that was there at launch.

And to answer your next question, yes, I am a grammar-Nazi.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a very bad idea" -Douglas Adams

I'm only stipulating, but by your use of the double negative, could you POSSIBLY be implying that 1: pre-NGE was an uber buggy mistake and 2: post-NGE is a godsend?

If that's the case, then perhaps my history is mixed up, because obvisouly somebody travelled back in time to launch, sabotaged it full of more bugs than even SOE is capable of, then proceeded to November '05 and in a single day's time removed every last bug that was there at launch.

And to answer your next question, yes, I am a grammar-Nazi.

SWG was garbage when it was released on to its present state. Yeah it had 200,000+ subs but so did Vanguard for its first month. And what is that saying. SWG was dull when it started and will forever be dull till the servers are shut down. Don't hate SOE hate the developer for developing that garbage that SOE tried to ressurrect but couldnt because its a lost cause just like Vanguard.

SWG was garbage when it was released on to its present state. Yeah it had 200,000+ subs but so did Vanguard for its first month. And what is that saying. SWG was dull when it started and will forever be dull till the servers are shut down. Don't hate SOE hate the developer for developing that garbage that SOE tried to ressurrect but couldnt because its a lost cause just like Vanguard.

Granted, development wise, SWG was about a stable as Marlon Brando. Furthermore, if Marlon Brando had decided he was tired of being instable and threw himself off of a cliff, the resulting spectacle would very closely resemble NGE-Day.

Gameplay, however, was somwhere between almost-bearable and good. Yeah, things could be better, but they weren't bad either.

Community wise, however, I have never played a game before or after that had such a close nit kin of people.

Alas, I will not allow myself to be drawn into a SWG v Vanguard debate, doubly so as I have not (and as of yet, will not) play Vanguard.

Besides, SOE still recieves blame. Sure, the devs sucked, but who was the company that said "Do it!" And LA for saying "Do it!"

• Redline748Redline748 Member Posts: 3

well I loved it for 2 years and so did many others and if it wasnt for cu or nge I would be still enjoying it to this day

cu was a bit of a kick in the nuts, but nge was a bullit to the brain

ok thats my 2 pence worth

Granted, development wise, SWG was about a stable as Marlon Brando. Furthermore, if Marlon Brando had decided he was tired of being instable and threw himself off of a cliff, the resulting spectacle would very closely resemble NGE-Day.

Gameplay, however, was somwhere between almost-bearable and good. Yeah, things could be better, but they weren't bad either.

Community wise, however, I have never played a game before or after that had such a close nit kin of people.

Alas, I will not allow myself to be drawn into a SWG v Vanguard debate, doubly so as I have not (and as of yet, will not) play Vanguard.

Besides, SOE still recieves blame. Sure, the devs sucked, but who was the company that said "Do it!" And LA for saying "Do it!"

Either way it goes they messed up SWG with where the game starts. The timeline is in a horrible spot because it conflicts with the movies. Blaming SOE for giving what they should of done from the jump is ludacris and you should slap yourself. You should of had the same SWG with a force sensitive class at start and have it where you dont get your lightsaber or force powers till your level 50 or so. Restricting people from being jedi's or dark jedi's kept this game to its 200K fanbase because those gamers are there to play the world kind of like vanguards 200k base that started the hardcore gamer. Star Wars is a big game they wanted to know where they went wrong and it took them from release to NGE to figure it out. JEDI. If they would of had jedi released at launch you would still love your SWG and it would have double the fan base. But they choose a stupid time frame to start and thats not SOEs fault blame someone else.

Either way it goes they messed up SWG with where the game starts. The timeline is in a horrible spot because it conflicts with the movies. Blaming SOE for giving what they should of done from the jump is ludacris and you should slap yourself. You should of had the same SWG with a force sensitive class at start and have it where you dont get your lightsaber or force powers till your level 50 or so. Restricting people from being jedi's or dark jedi's kept this game to its 200K fanbase because those gamers are there to play the world kind of like vanguards 200k base that started the hardcore gamer. Star Wars is a big game they wanted to know where they went wrong and it took them from release to NGE to figure it out. JEDI. If they would of had jedi released at launch you would still love your SWG and it would have double the fan base. But they choose a stupid time frame to start and thats not SOEs fault blame someone else.

Allow me to dismantle and restructure this paragraph and tackle it one portion at a time...

The timeline is in a horrible spot because it conflicts with the movies; ...of had the same SWG with a force sensitive class at start; wanted to know where they went wrong ... JEDI

As I'm sure you are passionate about these subjects, it's important to point out they are merely opinions. Specifically, the are merely your opinions. If I remember correctly, the timeline was set between episodes IV and V, thus never contradicting with the movies because, hey, there wasn't one there. What was there was Timothy Zahn's Shadows of the Empire, and, though I believe it was an exceptional piece of work, it was not endorsed by LA or George Lucas, and therefore not really important enough not to step all over if you're ol' Georgey-boy. Controversly, SWG was sponsored by LA, so, eh, it works.

Quick edit: I forgot about the Shadows of the Empire game that was endorsed by LA, and so I retract that statement, but you get the idea

And personally, I like this timeline. Aside from the three-years after endor where the X-Wing book series took place, it's my favorite. As for what I think about Jedi and force-sensitive characters, I personally would have prefered if the only Jedi's in SWG were NPCs. Not only because of the obvious unbalance of power, but also because of the Star Wars story and the point in time in which the game is set.

...kept this game to its 200K fanbase because those gamers are there to play the world kind of like vanguards 200k base that started the hardcore gamer

Yet again, SWG v Vanguard. I cannot compare, as I do not know. Hit up EQ2 or something, at least I know there number. And I know they are greater than SWG. So, if you use it, you win.

...jedi released at launch you would still love your SWG...

Uuuuummmm........no.

...it would have double the fan base

As there is no way of confirming this, it is mere speculation.

...SOEs fault blame someone else

On this, you are right. SOE did not design the initial software of the game, and for the life of me, I can't remember who did. Someone help.

you should slap yourself

This I have a problem with, as I am neither a massochist nor mentally retarded. However, I will take your advice into consideration and will get back to you with what will probably be negative results.

Allow me to dismantle and restructure this paragraph and tackle it one portion at a time...

The timeline is in a horrible spot because it conflicts with the movies; ...of had the same SWG with a force sensitive class at start; wanted to know where they went wrong ... JEDI

As I'm sure you are passionate about these subjects, it's important to point out they are merely opinions. Specifically, the are merely your opinions. If I remember correctly, the timeline was set between episodes IV and V, thus never contradicting with the movies because, hey, there wasn't one there. What was there was Timothy Zahn's Shadows of the Empire, and, though I believe it was an exceptional piece of work, it was not endorsed by LA or George Lucas, and therefore not really important enough not to step all over if you're ol' Georgey-boy. Controversly, SWG was sponsored by LA, so, eh, it works.

Quick edit: I forgot about the Shadows of the Empire game that was endorsed by LA, and so I retract that statement, but you get the idea

And personally, I like this timeline. Aside from the three-years after endor where the X-Wing book series took place, it's my favorite. As for what I think about Jedi and force-sensitive characters, I personally would have prefered if the only Jedi's in SWG were NPCs. Not only because of the obvious unbalance of power, but also because of the Star Wars story and the point in time in which the game is set.

Yeah wow i  stopped after ur first line. Opinion yeah this whole thread is opinion based. Your hatred for SOE is based off your opinion

...kept this game to its 200K fanbase because those gamers are there to play the world kind of like vanguards 200k base that started the hardcore gamer

Yet again, SWG v Vanguard. I cannot compare, as I do not know. Hit up EQ2 or something, at least I know there number. And I know they are greater than SWG. So, if you use it, you win.

I'm not trying to play niether im just saying don't be angry at SOE for this. There just trying to get people to this game because there player base they had was crappy also.

...jedi released at launch you would still love your SWG...

Uuuuummmm........no.

UUHHHHH............Yes. The fact that you want to be a monster raiser and lurk about catching wild life or watever you feel that made you happy with release, what would of made thousands of more gamers happy would of been jedi. Yeah you think the game would be unbalanced or somthing but jedi can be killed just like any other they arn't immortal and revenge of the sith should of shown you that. Jedi at launch would of made this game 10x more money and players.

...it would have double the fan base

As there is no way of confirming this, it is mere speculation.

You know it to be true you just want to troll saying jedi would of killed the game at lauch. Starwars people who know starwars think jedi not brawlers and monkey raisers and watever else non-sense they let you do at launch.

...SOEs fault blame someone else

On this, you are right. SOE did not design the initial software of the game, and for the life of me, I can't remember who did. Someone help.

Verent Interacitive accourding to Wiki but they work for sony anyways.

you should slap yourself

This I have a problem with, as I am neither a massochist nor mentally retarded. However, I will take your advice into consideration and will get back to you with what will probably be negative results.

Only as negitive as you saying my Opinion on the matter is mentally retarded at best. Obviously something was wrong with SWG at launch and just because you were in love with Pre-CU or whatever obviously people wern't hence CU and now NGE. Get a clue!

• MobfigureMobfigure Member Posts: 44

Quit whining all of you, you shouldnt have either A.) bought any game with the word 'sony' in it B.) Quit subscrpitions when the word 'sony' got involved.

Originally posted by Mobfigure

Quit whining all of you, you shouldnt have either A.) bought any game with the word 'sony' in it B.) Quit subscrpitions when the word 'sony' got involved.

Apparently you don't play EQ. Telling me to stop crying. You stop crying. SOE has done nothing to me nor have they ever effected my gameplay. If SOE was so terrible this thread would have 100000+ posts not 600. They don't care about you they care about the other 1000 other subs. SOE should just stick with EQ and just have those other games as part of there launcher or somthing making the developers sololy responsible for there work though i think.

Originally posted by Goldknyt
    Yeah wow i  stopped after ur first line. Opinion yeah this whole thread is opinion based. Your hatred for SOE is based off your opinion

True, the thread is opinion based. I was merely pointing out your opinion. I encourage you to read the rest of the rebuttle.

I'm not trying to play niether im just saying don't be angry at SOE for this. There just trying to get people to this game because there player base they had was crappy also.

I am angry at SOE because they did this. And not at the whim of the fanbase, as noone asked for it. And, they developed it in secret. I understand that they were trying to get people to there game, but they could have gone about it in a much better fashion.

And saying the player base was crappy is a personal shot at myself and everyone else who played the game both pre-CU and pre-NGE.

jedi release at launch you would still loved your SWG
    UUHHHHH............Yes. The fact that you want to be a monster raiser and lurk about catching wild life or watever you feel that made you happy with release, what would of made thousands of more gamers happy would of been jedi. Yeah you think the game would be unbalanced or somthing but jedi can be killed just like any other they arn't immortal and revenge of the sith should of shown you that. Jedi at launch would of made this game 10x more money and players.

I'm not saying nobody would like this. I'm saying I wouldn't like this. My opinion. And perhaps, if it was done very carefully, could have been done right. Personally, I was a big fan of the 6-month grind it took to create a force sensitive character, because I believe(d) that 1: You were there to live your Star Wars story, not Luke's, and 2: Since there were Jedi, I liked that there were few and they were only granted to those who would somehow contribute to the community as a whole, not just to their own private fantasy.

You know it to be true you just want to troll saying jedi would of killed the game at lauch. Starwars people who know starwars think jedi not brawlers and monkey raisers and watever else non-sense they let you do at launch.

Well, I'm not considering myself trolling, but if you say so....
    Anyways, Jedi at launch would not have killed it. I just like seeing more Owens and less Lukes.

Verent Interacitive accourding to Wiki but they work for sony anyways.

Thanks.

Only as negitive as you saying my Opinion on the matter is mentally retarded at best. Obviously something was wrong with SWG at launch and just because you were in love with Pre-CU or whatever obviously people wern't hence CU and now NGE. Get a clue!

Heh. Sorry. I have to laugh. Reread my statement. I did not call your opinion retarded. In fact, all I said about your opinion was that it, was infact, yours.

Slapping myself, on the other hand, would require that I be, shall we say, a few beers short of a six-pack.

Apparently you don't play EQ. Telling me to stop crying. You stop crying. SOE has done nothing to me nor have they ever effected my gameplay. If SOE was so terrible this thread would have 100000+ posts not 600. They don't care about you they care about the other 1000 other subs. SOE should just stick with EQ and just have those other games as part of there launcher or somthing making the developers sololy responsible for there work though i think.

Umm, I realize this is an open forum, in that anyone registered can post here, but the majority are people who played SWG. I can pretty well sum up that you were/are not one of those people, and even if you were/are, are apparently post-NGE.

As such, you have no idea what it is like to have a corporation dupe you like we did.

As for just sticking with EQ, not many businesses can succeed selling only one product. Unless, of course, your business is profilactics, in which case I beg you to stay out of the video game industry. Remember the ghosts in Mario?

Yes, well, I bought SWG and EQ2 when Sony was a respectable and then semi-respectable company, respectively.

• Spartan06Spartan06 Member Posts: 22

You are a retard. SOE developed SWG.  They had their own developer house that created the game.

Originally posted by Spartan06
    You are a retard. SOE developed SWG.  They had their own developer house that created the game.

I don't think he's retarded. Perhaps just misinformed. And as I pointed out and he confirmed later, SOE did NOT develop SWG. Read back a few posts.

Originally posted by Spartan06

No verant did a SOE company

This discussion has been closed.