Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello America!

shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

I would like to show you what our president Mr. Bush did alittle while ago.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

This directive was signed into law by Bush without going through Congress on May 9, 2007. It gives the president full powers over federal, state, local, territorial and tribal government in case of a "Catastrophic Emergency". The directive makes no reference to Congress and its language appears to negate any requirement that the president submit to Congress a determination that a national emergency exists.

The president willl have the power to dismiss congress and cancle any elections. He will be able to direct any and all government and business activities until the emergency is declared over. He will have the power to sieze any business/civilian property and pass any law into effect without congress even seeing it ( kind of like he did this one).

So the next time we have any major floods/hurrican/earthquake/tornados the president can declair the powers granted by this directive without congressional approval or any oversight thus turning the United States into an instant dictatorship.

gg America 

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Comments

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    !!!STOP THESE RUBBISH THREADS. THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL FORUM!!!
  • olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Criticism of the President is criticism of America, if you do not support our President then you do not support our troops. You are either with us, or agin us. The surge is working, didn't you see John McCain walk the streets of Baghdad? President Bush has accomplished the mission in Iraq once, he will accomplish it again, just line up behind the President and support him and our troops.

These powers are necessary to win the War on Terror. Be afraid, be very afraid. If we cut and run, like the pansy liberal democrats want, Al Quada will follow us home. And no, like other things that follow you home, don't ask your mommy if you can keep it. Only our President can see the true way, he talks with God.

Why do you hate America?

God Bless America!

• AshGUTZAshGUTZ Member Posts: 339

No matter how much whining you do about our President [and yes, he dislike him too - awaiting 2008 election], it will not change. Honestly no point in trying to convince otherwise.

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

Are you guys so caught up in the Bush bashing bs to not see this for what it is. I could care less who the president is right now. All I know is that this directive goes against everything it means to be an american and its ALREADY A LAW. It gives the president (any president from now on) the power to wipe his ass with the constitution.

And yes I know this is an international forum thats why I titled it hello america because thats who it applies to. If you have a problem with that then too bad.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• nexus42nexus42 Member Posts: 288
    If it makes you feel any better, Baby Bush probably couldn't run martial law any better than a foreign war. The man's incompetency spreads over many gauntlets.

...Pika

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

Anyone that thinks Bush wrote this is frankly on-a-par with him. Bush seems barley able to walk and talk let alone write using a pen or dare I say it... a PC.

In the UK about 18 months ago we also bought into law prittymuch the same thing and over the last 3 years so have more than 1/2 of the worlds leading democracies. All in the name of fighting crime/ terrorism

So I'm just starting to wonder when will the aliens land?

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by shamall

This directive was signed into law by Bush without going through Congress on May 9, 2007.

I'm not necessarily supporting this, but what he did was use his executive power to bypass Congress. This is actually fully legal under the Constitution.

Now it did say "any catastrophic event" that causes "mass casualties". I smell the conspiracy theorists coming. I believe their message will be "the government is going to create a catastrophic event and implement this!" or "the government knows of a terrorist plan to set off a nuke and they will not do anything so they can implement this!".
  • MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    Originally posted by Dekron

Originally posted by shamall

This directive was signed into law by Bush without going through Congress on May 9, 2007.

Now it did say "any catastrophic event" that causes "mass casualties". *Waits patiently for the summer of 2007 and Katrina 2.0*
  • UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    They are all going to die.. who cares!
  • gpettgpett Member Posts: 1,105
    Originally posted by olddaddy

Criticism of the President is criticism of America, if you do not support our President then you do not support our troops. You are either with us, or agin us. The surge is working, didn't you see John McCain walk the streets of Baghdad? President Bush has accomplished the mission in Iraq once, he will accomplish it again, just line up behind the President and support him and our troops.
    These powers are necessary to win the War on Terror. Be afraid, be very afraid. If we cut and run, like the pansy liberal democrats want, Al Quada will follow us home. And no, like other things that follow you home, don't ask your mommy if you can keep it. Only our President can see the true way, he talks with God.
    Why do you hate America?
    God Bless America!

That is a bunch of crap!

We can love our nation yet disagree with its politics.  Which I do.  Our current nation has none of the philosophies that the orriginal America had from its founding fathers.  The founding fathers preached of non involvement of foreign affairs.  Now we are policing the world.  Our founding fathers believe in states rights superceeding federal rights.  We have just the opposite now.

This is a different country and I believe it is for the worse.

P.S. People hate America because America feels it has to police the world when the politics of other countries are none of Americas business.  America should take care of its issues at home.
  • noname12345noname12345 Member Posts: 2,267
    Originally posted by gpett

That is a bunch of crap!
    He was being sarcastic lol. I found it to be quite humorous.

Originally posted by AlexAmore

That is a bunch of crap!

Oops, I guess I am sarcasm impared when I cant sleep.  Someone hide this reply button from me.

That is a bunch of crap!

Oops, I guess I am sarcasm impared when I cant sleep.  Someone hide this reply button from me.Hehe i've done it myself. If he wasn't sarcastic then i'm afraid he is a brainwashed nutjob...but i'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

That is a bunch of crap!

Oops, I guess I am sarcasm impared when I cant sleep.  Someone hide this reply button from me.Hehe i've done it myself. If he wasn't sarcastic then i'm afraid he is a brainwashed nutjob...but i'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Yup, it was sarcasm. I was tryimg to use every jingo-ism developed by Carl Rove in the same reply, but it was early in the morning, and I had to get to work, so I'm not sure I succeeded. Of course, it does bring up a good point, you can never tell if the policy makers that spout this crap are joking, or if they're brainwashed nutjobs......
    Well, it makes me feel better that you are not a nutjob! =)
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Americuhhhh Fuck Yeah!!!!!!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

I'm no lawyer, but..

General Provisions

(20) This directive shall be implemented in a manner that is consistent with, and facilitates effective implementation of, provisions of the Constitution concerning succession to the Presidency or the exercise of its powers, and the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 (3 U.S.C. 19), with consultation of the Vice President and, as appropriate, others involved. Heads of executive departments and agencies shall ensure that appropriate support is available to the Vice President and others involved as necessary to be prepared at all times to implement those provisions.

(21) This directive:

(a) Shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and the authorities of agencies, or heads of agencies, vested by law, and subject to the availability of appropriations;

(b) Shall not be construed to impair or otherwise affect (i) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budget, administrative, and legislative proposals, or (ii) the authority of the Secretary of Defense over the Department of Defense, including the chain of command for military forces from the President, to the Secretary of Defense, to the commander of military forces, or military command and control procedures; and

(c) Is not intended to, and does not, create any rights or benefits, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by a party against the United States, its agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
    Originally posted by olddaddy

Why do you hate America?
    God Bless America!

I love you.  You're so cool. 

I want to be in YOUR guild! 

===============================

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    By the way, I translated the text from the directive into laymans terms. Here is what it actually means:

All your base are belong to us.

Hope this helps.
  • DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Thanks Dekron, it did.

*waits anxiously for America to get nuked so that Bush can assume full dictatorial powers and prove all of the conspiracy theorists right*

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812
    Originally posted by Draenor

Thanks Dekron, it did.
    *waits anxiously for America to get nuked so that Bush can assume full dictatorial powers and prove all of the conspiracy theorists right*

If this happens, I wonder if the "Conspiracy Theorist" will get enough XP to level up to "Theorist"? 

They have been grinding for a long time...

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by 8hammer8

Thanks Dekron, it did.

If this happens, I wonder if the "Conspiracy Theorist" will get enough XP to level up to "Theorist"? 

I suppose it's possible...though not probable...they've been grinding ever since Kennedy and still havn't dinged, I doubt they would be able to just from something as small as global dictatorship via free masonry

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

From what I was able to ascertain from reading that directive is that in the event of a national emergency, the vice-president gets to f*** my sister... 

Wait til ole Dick finds out that I only have brothers.  

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

Gotta give Bush credit, with him in office, politics never gets old.

Anyways i'm glad I don't have a sister....

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by 8hammer8

Thanks Dekron, it did.

I suppose it's possible...though not probable...they've been grinding ever since Kennedy and still havn't dinged, I doubt they would be able to just from something as small as global dictatorship via free masonry

I am not so sure, they have an impressive Quest Log:

JFK

Roswell

Moon Landings

Princess Diana

9/11

Anna Nicole Smith

Just to name a few...for all your conspiracy theory fun: CLICKY

I wonder if the Illuminati will fight against the Free Masons for supreme power in the end??

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)