Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Exclusive Screens: Week One

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, we kick off our weekly series of exclusive screenshots from our friends over at CCP's EVE Online with three great shots.

To view the full size images click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• KraetusKraetus Member Posts: 54
    Link redirects to main page.
  • crazykinuxcrazykinux Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I like the last, the one with the Iteron!

-------------------------------
    http://www.crazykinux.com

• RevMrBlackRevMrBlack Member Posts: 51

Um ... I don't understand why this is a news article, least of all a weekly series of them. Why aren't these screenshots simply put up with the rest of the EVE ones, in the Screenshot section? They aren't even from the new graphics engine that CCP is working on. There are /plenty/ of screenshots of the current EVE graphics out there. A few more aren't really needed.

BTW, it's not that I don't like EVE, it's just simply this seems very odd as a news article. There's nothing newsworthy about it.

Playing - Waiting on GW2
    Formerly played - Aion, CO, CoX, EVE, GW1, LotRO, RIFT, Ryzom, SWG, SWTOR, WAR, WoW
    Trialed - AA, DDO, EQ2, L2, MxO, RYL, TERA, VSoH
    Beta'd - HGL, GW2, PotBS, SWTOR, TCoS, TR
    Anticipating - GW2, PS2

• NaplesNaples Member Posts: 19
     Screenshots, is that what we come down to in EVE... this is starting to get like SWG ... only good thing about the game ..Screenshots...or am I missing something?
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

I love EVE but how is this worthy of being a news article?.......I mean for the exception of the Hurricane in the 1st pic the other ships are forgetable. And for some reason everytime CCP makes a release of pic the iteron is always involved....why is this ship so important to them!!!!!!!!. If they wanted to show the industrials then show some of the other ones too. Or you can always show the freighters. Iterons look retarded anyway, its a freaking liked sausage.

<------Hates iterons very much.

• NaplesNaples Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Rehmes

I love EVE but how is this worthy of being a news article?.......I mean for the exception of the Hurricane in the 1st pic the other ships are forgetable. And for some reason everytime CCP makes a release of pic the iteron is always involved....why is this ship so important to them!!!!!!!!. If they wanted to show the industrials then show some of the other ones too. Or you can always show the freighters. Iterons look retarded anyway, its a freaking liked sausage.
    <------Hates iterons very much.
    I agree 200% on that m8, they should come up with something a little more flashy don't you think so? 
  • SeahorseSeahorse Member Posts: 3

What exactly are they demonstrating here, other than what we already know?

What is the reason for the article?

• drizzt1666drizzt1666 Member Posts: 62
    These screens dont hold any value of news...

Just some hype value, thats all.

I wonder if this site get some cash for posting these at here and if thats true then how much?
  • MoofyMoofy Member Posts: 1
    Aye, that was a bit poor. The screenies aren't the new dx9/10 engine, plus it's nothing new.

Maybe they could have had a news story about some of the stuff comming in rev 2, such as the new area effect bombs for stealth bombers, reward point store for agents, new corp tools or some such.

ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/video/4/ShipComparison.wmv

The above is an intresting vid for those who have'nt already seen what the new gfx may look like.
  • ioryadragonioryadragon Member Posts: 91
    indeed some of the news are .....strange.. and yeah i love EVE but wtf..
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    The title of the so called news reads  "EVE Online : Exclusive Screens: Week One"   Hrm. I first though it might of had something to do with the new graphics update they were doing, but apparently not lol.  I don't think it is worthy of a news article considering they are only screen shots and nothing really exclusive at all about them.

-Manaia
  • MiasmaMiasma Member UncommonPosts: 16

LOL... I can give you some "exclusive" EVE screenshots if you like except they'll be from the latest Revelations patch with the updated graphics engine!! And yes, why is this News!!!!@!#$!% Slow day in teh MMORPG.com office?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Just goes to show that EVE is truly the world's only MMOSS (Massively Multiplayer Online Screensaver)

Joined - July 2004

• GanderikGanderik Member Posts: 5
    I think most of you guys did not see the point of this "article", it is not really an article at all. Like it is saying in the text; "

"we kick off our weekly series of exclusive screenshots from our friends over at CCP's EVE Online"

An article needs to contain text, and by text I mean more than 2 lines of them.  This is on the other hand, a series too show screen shots. I don't think it is only going to be screens from EVE, but they happened to show eve first in the series. By the way, yes the Iteron looks like crap, but the shot is good though.
  • marhoogmarhoog Member Posts: 5

Mmm also don't get it... I love eve.. but why a news item about some screenshots..

They look nice but not worthy of a news item. Please tell us whats up with these basic screenshots ??