Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will this game have epic wars?

will this game have wars on the scale of say at the end of lord of the rings: return of the king? i would love the 5 houses to wage gigantic super epic wars for resourses honor and land.   maybe like a 500 v500? or lesser 100v100

will there be any kind of war at all??? this game seem to focus on arena battles

heres my idea: 100v100 u only have 1 life  let the 2 duke it out and whoever still has men standing is dclared the winner!  no infinite respawning in these wars if u loose ur out.  untill the next war i guess that would be cool.

and another question... if there is gonna be war, is there going to be any seige battles? catapaults, and another anceint war machines? are there any castles to seige at all???  

i hope it does have these things because AoC has them... and the developer of spellborn seem hell bent on stuffing as many cool things in this game as possible

Comments

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

As much as I too, would like to see all of these things you mentioned, I'm pretty confident none of it will be in at release. PvP wise, all I've gotten wind of at release is the arena - multiple maps, which may or may not involve guilds challenging guilds, and the mines, which I'm not sure if it is instanced or not instanced, but is an FFA PvP zone somewhere underneath a city where valuable crafting materials can be extracted.

There was mention of shard conquest too, where guilds will battle guilds over control of their own shard, but I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't going to be ready at release.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Actually it won't be too hard to implement all these things on new shards...after release

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

the game seems to be lacking in PVP content. AOC and WAR look like they will be much better for that.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I do not agree

The whole combat system seems to be developed with only one thing in mind: Fun PvP

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265
    whats up size-twelve i think i seen u in the official tcos forums ....

im going to ask this same question over there and see what i get maybe the devs can answer :)
  • ravengladeravenglade Member Posts: 48
    I doubt there will be mass battles past 40 vs 40 (a guess).  I base this hypothosis on the following fact:

This game uses an instancing system that copies an area when there are too many people in it. This is to ensure minimal lag in combat. I believe that with the combat system that is implimented, it was essential to do this to ensure smooth gameplay. So that would mean squeezing 200+ people into the same area will not happen in this game.
  • DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by ravenglade

I doubt there will be mass battles past 40 vs 40 (a guess).  I base this hypothosis on the following fact:

This game uses an instancing system that copies an area when there are too many people in it. This is to ensure minimal lag in combat. I believe that with the combat system that is implimented, it was essential to do this to ensure smooth gameplay. So that would mean squeezing 200+ people into the same area will not happen in this game.
    They have indicated that they are still working things out. They have not given specific numbers, but have hinted at much higher numbers in an instance than you are talking about. How shard conquest will go is also uncertain at the moment, but they did scale it down from High House level to Guild level, which means that combat at an epic scale will perhaps not occur. But not for the reason given in the above. As I understood it, but don't take my word for it (as they told us not to take their word for it), the amount of people will be in the order of hundreds, if not thousands. But these numbers are for normal shards. Nothing is know about shards involved in shard conquest yet. In other words: we don't know, and maybe they don't either.

--
    Delanor

• ravengladeravenglade Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Delanor

Originally posted by ravenglade

They have indicated that they are still working things out. They have not given specific numbers, but have hinted at much higher numbers in an instance than you are talking about. How shard conquest will go is also uncertain at the moment, but they did scale it down from High House level to Guild level, which means that combat at an epic scale will perhaps not occur. But not for the reason given in the above. As I understood it, but don't take my word for it (as they told us not to take their word for it), the amount of people will be in the order of hundreds, if not thousands. But these numbers are for normal shards. Nothing is know about shards involved in shard conquest yet. In other words: we don't know, and maybe they don't either. I hope you are right! I was under a different impression from what i have read, but if what you say is true then woohoo!
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Well they said they plan to include these aspects...In the lore...The Daevi are offspring of Demons and Humans. And they were both servants opressed by demons for ages...I'm sure that will lead to some interesting game-play content
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

They will have Shard Conquests after release.

Shard Conquests are pretty similar to what you described, but not on the same scale. Having hundreds of players in one battle would be a lag-fest for everyone.

The idea between Shard Conquests is this: A new land is discovered and the Houses (or maybe guilds instead) will fight for control of them. There would be a definite winner as well (rather than a 'never-ending' WoW-style battle), who would then have control of the new land... at least for a while. 

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss