Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Perpetual Seeks New Recruits

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Perpetual Entertainment has announced that they will be running an ad in Game Developer Magazine featuring concept art of Starfleet Academy, and sending the call out for Artists and Engineer. Only one question remains, if engineers wear gold, what colour do artists wear?

APRIL 27, 2007 - Perpetual Entertainment is running a full page ad in Game Developer Magazine this month. The ad, which is aimed at recruiting fresh new talent to join the STO team, features a previously unreleased concept image showing Starfleet Academy, located in Horseshoe Bay, just north of San Francisco.

See the ad and concept art here.

Comments

• Cpt.StubbingCpt.Stubbing Member Posts: 269
    I feel we should have all the "concept" art amd workin on beta screenshots by now even if they are just taking their time
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Instead of hiring people, Perpetual should just sell their license to a better company. They get money, and we get a game made by a developer that knows what Star Trek fans want. Everybody wins.
  • JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Instead of hiring people, Perpetual should just sell their license to a better company. They get money, and we get a game made by a developer that knows what Star Trek fans want. Everybody wins.

and would that be, SOE? , hope not . SOE already is assisting Perpetual with Retail distribution and The Beast is already assuming Vanguard.   And other thing, can you give a little detail  of what the developers do not know Star Trek fans want?

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• trubbeltrubbel Member Posts: 9
    Grammar police to the rescue!

"...will be running an add in Game".

"See the add and concept art here."

It's called an ad (as in advertisement), not an add (as the term commonly used for an "added" enemy in MMOs).
  • JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

heh,

If you think Lucas Arts did bad on SWG, just wait.  Paramount has no morals what so ever.  They will pimp STO like you will never see.  I already suspect a concept change on STO with this "Acadamy" concept.  This is to tag it to help promote the new Movie.  I hope I am wrong but IP's tend to have too many "Chiefs" and not enough "Braves".  The history of gaming and Star Trek is not the best.

Pimping a game is not my concern and based on thier ad, Perpetual is seeking the "Braves". 

I am concern about the mismanagement after the game is released , We don't need another NGE of any game . Yeah if you don't mind being game-raped by SOE and still reward them with your business with SWG-NGE(C)  then Paramount is not going to have a problem releasing what will be the first One Million players MMO roll out . ( To make John Smedley happy and for him to fufill a career goal, the next one will be SOE's DC universe)

Unaware of the Jestor?

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Pimping a game is not my concern and based on thier ad, Perpetual is seeking the "Braves". 
      I am concern about the mismanagement after the game is released , We don't need another NGE of any game . Yeah if you don't mind being game-raped by SOE and still reward them with your business with SWG-NGE(C)  then Paramount is not going to have a problem releasing what will be the first One Million players MMO roll out . ( To make John Smedley happy and for him to fufill a career goal, the next one will be SOE's DC universe)

I am pleased that Prerpeual is trying to make this game good.  I , like you with SOE, are leary of Paramounts actions when it comes to Star Trek IP.  Too many times I have seen good ideas for Star Trek games shot to hell with Low Balling tactics.

If SOE has not learned from Blizzard on how to release a MMO (which they haven't, e.x. Vanguard) then I dont have much faith in DC Heroes Online.

BTW, I saw you in game some months back in SWG (I think it was TC).  Im glad you still check things out to know what SWG is like instead of going on old knowledge.  If it was not you, then you gotta fan that uses your name, Jestor Rodo.

Originally posted by JYCowboy

Originally posted by JestorRodo

I am pleased that Prepetual is trying to make this game good.  I , like you with SOE, are leary of Paramounts actions when it comes to Star Trek IP.  Too many times I have seen good ideas for Star Trek games shot to hell with Low Balling tactics.

If SOE has not learned from Blizzard on how to release a MMO (which they haven't, e.x. Vanguard) then I dont have much faith in DC Heroes Online.

BTW, I saw you in game some months back in SWG (I think it was TC).  Im glad you still check things out to know what SWG is like instead of going on old knowledge.  If it was not you, then you gotta fan that uses your name, Jestor Rodo.

TC?  I was on the stupid unofficail french server ( not that I hate french folk but I did hate the communication barrier cause by a different language used in game) Kauri.

It must have byeen a Peep with high dreams and  hopes of trying to duplicate a SWG legend , but did he run around using my tagline "Love that Jestor1" - NO I DON'T THINK SOE!  ( its a trap)

Unaware of the Jestor?

Jestor,

Must have been a imposter then.  I have never been on Kuari.  Chimera, but never Kuari.

• bigelf95bigelf95 Member Posts: 1
    MY God this game is never going to come out....