Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

they should have costume/design tiers! imho

we dont want lvl 1 guys looking as cool as lvl 100 people right guys? so there should be a tier system in place.

lets say lvl 1-10 they can customize their look all they want but are limited by the material... which is leather

lvl- 11-20 he is aloud to wear iron and can look anyway he wants with leather and iron but maybe limited iron

and later on they are aloud to choose more materials to look even more leet.. like gold, steel, magical type material...

lvl 50- up they can start wearing helmets or crowns

even higher they get to wear bad ass capes....

this will cleary show the level gap between people and still the costume is only for looks..... i think its a great idea personally

- imagine watching an uber clan with capes walking by you....... you will be terrified and know not to mess with them because they are level 100 and higher with probably hundreds of powers because of their massive skilltree and rare skillsets

p.s. for explanation of my skill set idea look at my other post :) let me know what u guys think!

Comments

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

I can't say as this isn't the case, farmer. Equipment is level dependent just like WoW, or whatever game you are most familiar with. The difference is that TCoS designed their gear esthetically, and not by power.

Gear at level 50 is supposed to be way better looking than gear at level 1 as in other games. On the general boards, I remember a dev posting that higher end gear will have animations like glows, and lighting, so as to differentiate it from the lower tiered stuff. The difference is that you can keep gear longer to try and design that perfect badass look, without penalty.

As a rule of thumb though, higher end gear will be better looking with better animations.

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265
    ok size-twelve thats still good.... as long as there is a difference in badass looking from the top tier down...

better animation! thats awesome even i didn't think of that
  • A_N_T_IA_N_T_I Member Posts: 159
    Imo, helmets should be the first piece of heavy armour available. I mean, the head is THE most impoartant place to protect, and if you look at history, even the lowliest footman had a helmet, which was his only thng made of metal aside from his weapon. this goes for many cultures.

why do people insist that helmets should be the hardest part of the armour to attain?

Hello there, adventurer!

• DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

in regards to WoW gear...
    The higher in level more often than not means the uglier the gear.

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

Originally posted by Dabble

God, ain't that the truth. That's one of the reasons I got sick of WoW. You basically had to collect "sets" and become what they wanted you to. You had to improve the stats they said you should, and wear the gear they designed for you. You couldn't be free to choose, and be competitive at the same time.

Since sigils are going to be the high end PvE loot in this game, crafters are free to make some cheese selling cool looking gear. Alot of recipe's and mats are going to be in an FFA PvP zone called the mines which gives world PvP some kind of purpose at launch.

i wonder if tcos will have sets also? by the designers of the game....  
  • XantaxXantax Member Posts: 89
    i should not worry too much. TCoS avatar customisation is crap. you compare that overhyped info with second life - you have a problem!.

• mutantmagnetmutantmagnet Member Posts: 274

I doubt clothing you would acquire at higher levels will look better than clothing you acquire at low level. I see it more as clothing at high level will be rarer so it may be more appealing to wear because you would have less of a chance looking like someone else and it acts as a sttus symbol of encounters you've completed.

• PenguinMagePenguinMage Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by ricefarmer

we dont want lvl 1 guys looking as cool as lvl 100 people right guys? so there should be a tier system in place.

lets say lvl 1-10 they can customize their look all they want but are limited by the material... which is leather

lvl- 11-20 he is aloud to wear iron and can look anyway he wants with leather and iron but maybe limited iron

and later on they are aloud to choose more materials to look even more leet.. like gold, steel, magical type material...

lvl 50- up they can start wearing helmets or crowns

even higher they get to wear bad ass capes....

this will cleary show the level gap between people and still the costume is only for looks..... i think its a great idea personally

- imagine watching an uber clan with capes walking by you....... you will be terrified and know not to mess with them because they are level 100 and higher with probably hundreds of powers because of their massive skilltree and rare skillsets

I wouldn't mind a level 1 looking as cool as a level 100, And your idea sucks, the point of the system to so people don't have to play 500+ hours a day just so they can look cool, you miss the whole point. Besides you won't have to see me with a cloak to be able know I am better then you, you will know that I am better by how fast you hit the ground in a pool of your own blood
    yeah your right i did missed the point...  but i would have to fight u to know how badass you are.. not just by looking at u
  • PenguinMagePenguinMage Member Posts: 16
    Well I am not saying level 100's can't look cool, in fact on the TCoS forums I have a post that says I think that if there are going to be PvP rewards then you should be able to get cool effects such as an aura for your weapon or something like that. But as for the armor system I just like the idea of everything is available to everyone much nicer that way.
  • Deemos-QBDeemos-QB Member Posts: 28
    This is not what TCoS is about. In my opinion the Dev's want all players to look as cool as their imagination can take them from day one, not to restrict them with silly numbers. If you like to be top level and have the best gear, which low level players can only dream of... well I don't think this game is for you. To me the levels in Spellborn will only restrict me from what skills I have at my disposal and that couldn't make me happier.

There will be sigils that will allow players who enjoy a bit of  "leetness"  to give them that edge over other players. But as for the gear I think the Dev's will stick with the wonderful element of liberty that just makes Spellborn stand out as one of the future hopes for me and many more I bet.
  • cyanncyann Member Posts: 73
    " we dont want lvl 1 guys looking as cool as lvl 100 people right guys? "   Tbh dont care. Just I dont  want looks same as XXXXX guys on server.  T1 T2 T3 etc it sux  like hell. U got perfectly none influence on design your character gears ( yeye glows on weapon)

Other thing , scorpio is small, nice bug isnt it ? Looks so nice , till he use his sting    But prefer know lvl of my enemy anyway.

Gears customization is cool idea. It can b interestin 4 guys able only to copy char names from books ( jeez i even knew what ppl readin ;s).  Imagination and u personal choice rox.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080
    I actually really like the idea....
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

You can wear cool stuff right off the bat, but there's a lot of clothing/armor that you can only wear once you reach a certain level.

You can also earn some from the PvP Arena.

And I saw in a video that you can loot NPC armor and then take it to the blacksmith to get a recipe for it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• walker68walker68 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by Dabble

amen