Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Note to the 40 contest winners

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Hello all,

I am sorry to report that there are some slight delays with your prize deliveries.  You should have all gotten a message from me today - but I will post this here as well just to be safe:

EU WINNERS:

- Game Networks needs to know if you are already a subscriber to Horizons - this does not count if you are in their 7 day trial.  Please contact us ASAP with your username and let us know if you are or are not a subscriber to Horizons.  If you are they will give you 90 free days on your account - otherwise you will get a clean CD key with 90 days playtime.

NORTH AMERICA WINNERS:

- Artifact Entertainment has informed us that the prizes will go out no later than Wed. May 26th.  This will be a downloadable CD, CD Key and 90 days access to the game

I apologize for the delays...and thank you for using MMORPG.COM!  image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• mrskippymrskippy Member CommonPosts: 114
    What if someone is giving me their prize? Do they need to inform you of the fact. I'm already a subscriber to the great Horizons game and want to know how we can facilitate this so that 90 day is added to my current subscription.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    We to not permit prizes to be transferred or sold...sorry.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

So basically he's going to have to say "no account" and give me a fresh CD Key, than I'd have to close my old account, and get a new account?

Honestly ... if people aren't wanting their prizes why are they entering the contest ... and blocking out people like me who LOVE Horizons.

NM.

All anyone would have to do is give me their CD Key and there's a place to add it right in my account.

Forget I even asked. :)

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

::::04::
    There are people who like Horizons?? The only game I've played that actually got worse after beta...

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo

• _belial_belial Member Posts: 158

Have any of my fellow European winners had their logins through yet? I believe they Game Networks said they were going to be sending them out today?

Thanks

// Carl

Currently Playing :

SWG : Europe-Chimerea, Cuthulu, Master CH/Ranger/Scout

DAoC : Midgard, Prydwen, Rhwbanz (+Rhwbanzz)

CoH : Guardian, The Master Therion (Blaster), morbid angel (controller)

// Carl

Currently Playing : EQ2 of course

• BlacksmithBlacksmith Member Posts: 55

I entered and won one of the 90 day accounts. I decided to download the free 7 day trial and give it a try. About an hour and a half later I removed it from my harddrive.

First impressions are SO important and this one left me with the "well that's 90 minutes I'll never get back" feeling.

So I'll be giving my cd key to someone. If they like it, great for them.image

OMG is it really that bad? As it's going to take me at leat 12 hours to download the client i've not bothered downloading the trial just incase it's a diff version to the EU cd we'll have to download from the competition.

But with an mmorpg i think it's hard to really really get into a game after just 90 minutes though, even Ryzom i've played for about 3 days before decided it's rubbish :)

// Carl

Currently Playing :

SWG : Europe-Chimerea, Cuthulu, Master CH/Ranger/Scout

DAoC : Midgard, Prydwen, Rhwbanz (+Rhwbanzz)

CoH : Guardian, The Master Therion (Blaster), morbid angel (controller)

// Carl

• FireburstFireburst Member UncommonPosts: 200

I downloaded the game and I am enjoying playing it atm. It's one of those things... you either love it or hate it.

The biggest drawback is lack of information. I find that I am constantly trawling the forums for information which frankly should be available. It badly needs a good guide. The community sites make up for this but it means that the info you need seems to spread all over the place.

It still has a few annoying bugs but nothing that stops gameplay (at least nothing that is yet to affect me).

I would download the client (the trial is the same as the full) and give it a try (I gave up on Ryzom after 2 hours so if you stuck it out for a few days you will have no problems with HZ).

I hope they send the keys out soon as my trial is about to run out.

Thanks for your advice Firebust, looks like these 90 day accounts are gonna be a long time coming (anyone actually get theirs yesterday?) so think i'll just have to take the plunge and download the trial. Does the trial work on the EU servers or only on the US ones?

Thanks

// Carl

Currently Playing : anything to keep me occupied until EQ2 comes out :)

// Carl

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Just got word that the EU accounts will be going out in a few hours...

The North American accounts will be a couple days I think...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

That's great news, thanks for the heads-up, can't wait to give it a go, getting bored rotten of CoH now and was tempted to go back to DAoC, will see how this fares.

Thanks guys

// Carl

// Carl

Originally posted by _belial

Thanks for your advice Firebust, looks like these 90 day accounts are gonna be a long time coming (anyone actually get theirs yesterday?) so think i'll just have to take the plunge and download the trial. Does the trial work on the EU servers or only on the US ones?
    Thanks

// Carl

You can download the euro trial here

http://www.gamershell.com/download_5499.shtml

cheers

Fireburst

Thanks firebust, i'll start downloading the euro trial, still no sign of the account details in my inbox so may as well play the trial for a while :)

// Carl

// Carl

I got my key through this morning image

unfortunately it won't upgrade my trial account image

I have emailed horizons to notify them of the problem (perhaps you cannot upgrade a trial account with the key). I will let you all know how I get along image

Yep got my key this morning too, but no link for where to download the client so hopefully the trial client will still work as i've got another 8 hours of downloading to go (damn you pesky ADSL boyz ;P ).

And thanks to MMORPG staff for the competition :)

// Carl

// Carl

Just to let everyone know that the cdkey cannot be used to upgrade a trial account. You can use it to set up a new account after downloading the trial client.

Yep got my key this morning too, but no link for where to download the client so hopefully the trial client will still work as i've got another 8 hours of downloading to go (damn you pesky ADSL boyz ;P ).
    And thanks to MMORPG staff for the competition :)
    // Carl

Yes the trial client will work. Once you have installed you will be asked to set up an account. At this point you will be asked to put in you key and you are away image

The game is down for an update for a few hours so your not missing anything image

Thanks for the update firebust, at least if you're still wanting to upgrade your account after you've been plahing the trial for 7 days must mean you're liking the game at least :)

7hr 42 minutes before my download is complete, damn I wish my exchange was ADSL enabled :(

// Carl

// Carl

While your waiting for your download to complete read up on the many websites and forums around. This one obviously and these two are very good also.

http://www.tazoon.com/

http://horizonsvault.ign.com/

These will be your lifeline initially as things can be a little confusing at the start.

Thanks firebust, i'd already taken a look at tazoon in anticipation of finally being able to play the gmae, will have a look at the ign site later.

I logged into the website and tried to create a character but it gave me some null pointer exception, but I see they are doing some maintenance so will wait until things are all back up. What server are you playing on?

// Carl

// Carl

I play on all the servers just incase one or two go down image

Ah can you actually use your char on any of the servers then? i.e you're not limited to only using your char on the server you created it???

// Carl

// Carl

• BiboraBibora Member Posts: 22

A different question...

Do we have to start using allready the key we won or it will be possible to use later? U see, i've played the trial and unfortunetly my pc isn't that good enough for it image

So i was thinking of making the upgrade first, then start playing. If that is possible...image

The Future is Ours.

The future is ours.

Ah can you actually use your char on any of the servers then? i.e you're not limited to only using your char on the server you created it???

// Carl

Alas no.. you need a new char for each server. I try a different class on each server so it adds a little variety.