Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no players online this game needs players

rubies of eventide is not a bad game, yes the combat system takes a while 2 get used 2 but creating my character took about 30-45 minutes, you can choose from 7 classes (human, dwarf, elf, orc, gnome, leshy, and ogre) then u choose from 100 different classes, then u choose the skills u want (there r about 50) then after u complete some basic training u step out into the world of RoE. i was a little uncomfortable with the combat system when i first played but once u get used 2 it its not that bad. but what REALLY makes the game less fun than it should be is the EXTREME lack of people online! the max players ive seen in the main server is 50 players and that is NOT a typo 50 players is the max ive seen! but of the few people that play they r almost always nice 2 u so this game IS noob friendly. so y not just try RoE the graphics could be better i know but the game itself is fun image

Comments

• earthguidoearthguido Member Posts: 3
    This game does not have much players, true, but never as few as 50. Besides one of the great things of this game is the community which is extremely helpful as we all love the game.  There is always someone willing to teach newcomers or to give a hand or advice.
  • FleeingFleeing Member Posts: 5
    On phoenix  (the general server) the population can get up to 100 or so during the weekends but the max for the other to servers are about 40-50. However, it's because of the small number of players in the game that has kept the community close even after all those years as everyone knows each other and the trouble makers rarely stay around for long. Give it a try, it's one of the best free MMORPGs out there and once you're hooked, you'll always come back to this game in the end.
  • maggotANUBISmaggotANUBIS Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by christwarior

rubies of eventide is not a bad game, yes the combat system takes a while 2 get used 2 but creating my character took about 30-45 minutes, you can choose from 7 classes (human, dwarf, elf, orc, gnome, leshy, and ogre) then u choose from 100 different classes, then u choose the skills u want (there r about 50) then after u complete some basic training u step out into the world of RoE. i was a little uncomfortable with the combat system when i first played but once u get used 2 it its not that bad. but what REALLY makes the game less fun than it should be is the EXTREME lack of people online! the max players ive seen in the main server is 50 players and that is NOT a typo 50 players is the max ive seen! but of the few people that play they r almost always nice 2 u so this game IS noob friendly. so y not just try RoE the graphics could be better i know but the game itself is fun
    I don't mind a game with a small community, i played a private lineage server for a while and the max amount of people i saw on there was 30... the thing i like about small communities is that there is less hackers and scammers... and everyone is happy to lend a hand to new players to the game
  • ladybug420ladybug420 Member Posts: 17

I agree. I prefer small communties, but I have seen the Phoenix server have as much as 80 even on the weekdays. I play A LOT. And some people have more than just 1 toon (character). I have 5 different toons. LoL. It's especially helpful if you join a guild. When I first started I felt lost in the big world known as Vormis. BUT I joined a guild and became awesome friends with everybody. Even after I left the guild and joined another people are still nice. I love when they do events, like scavager hunts and whatnot. A PvP event in the Phoenix server is like Christmas, everybody shows up and takes screenies to post on the RoE forums (which btw was just updated and looks AWESOME). But yeah too many people might make the game crash every so often. And they do server resets on Thursdays which is when everybody gets online then because of the Big bosses that respawn and drop Rubies and rare items. But yeah its an awesome game and I love it.

• rawrxbradrawrxbrad Member UncommonPosts: 117

I love ROE i played halberd until it changed to nemi. I and since the server changed more spells and weapons new mobs it going great =] and cyrens a fox ;) lol

• RistySindelRistySindel Member Posts: 11

Smaller communities make it a lot easier to get to know one another, in-game enemy or not. There is always some form of chat-banter or otherwise going down, at least on hally/neme.

The best server in my opinion.

• jagust05jagust05 Member Posts: 27

Well, you can count on 2 more characters joining the community this summer, actually within the next month! My girlfriend and i are really excited to join the game and meet the community, the whole experience sounds awesome! We'll see you soon!

• Ebol-aEbol-a Member Posts: 18

Very small player population, max 50 on the busiest server (there are 3)

Basically, it's a game played by veterans. So, if you're looking to meet other players who are at your level, you'll have trouble finding them. The towns are usually deserted since the high levels are off fighting in an area you can't reach.

There are some really helpful players but, the ones who have bad attitudes seem to run the show most of the time. Get ready for some useless abuse.

There's alot of exploitation of bugs, so if you don't know how to take advantage of them (and there are many), then you'll be at a disadvantage.

Get ready to be told you suck on the Nemesis server, cuz intimdation is the power there.

There's very little role-play on the "role-play" server, FireOpals,

The general server, Phoenix, has alot of dual-boxers and toons botting.

My advice after many months of checking this one out?

Don't bother.

Unless you think that fighting the same NPCs over and over in a world about as big as your hand sounds like fun.

The game engine is ancient, the updates are filled with bugs...

It's hard to learn...

The first 10 hours will be spent figuring out how stuff works instead of having fun.

It's like being in a math class with a sack of cement on your head.

Be careful what you say, cuz you'll get banned if you're not part of the "Cool Crowd".

A total waste of time for any serious gamer.

Spend your time finding something decent instead of wasting your time playing this.

There are tons of games better than this. Find one of them PLEASE!!!

• Ebol-aEbol-a Member Posts: 18

Oh yeah... One more thing.

Anyone who posts that this game is "great" is probably here trying to grow the population so they don't watch their "obsession" die a slow death (it's been declining for years...)

In other words, they want you to see "positive" words about a game they've been stuck in for too long.

The population numbers above are crap. I played at all hours of the day I NEVER saw more than 50 players online. Usually it was like 20-30... Sometimes like 10... Hopeless

This game sucks. Trust me.

• ladybug420ladybug420 Member Posts: 17

Ebo I really hope you dont have a lot of people trusting you because that in itself would be a mistake.

Ebo is just mad because no one is taking his advice. RoE is an awesome game and I recommend it to everyone. No, I'm not trying to boost the population. In my guild, Soul of the Dragon, we have over 200+ people in it. That's way more than enough people to get to know and be friends with. Just because its  not a 1,000,000,000+ server doesn't mean its not just as good. RoE will never be another WoW. It's not even remotely close. I'll use an analogy.

Say one person's soul desire is to move to a huge populated area because they seem to think that they bigger the population the more opportunities and whatnot. They enjoy the faster lane, so to speak.

Well you have another person that's desire is to move to a lesser populated area because they enjoy quality time to themselves and a quieter populated area where the ''small'' populated area can band together and become close. Kinda like Mayberry. lol .

Anyways, you have two completely different people who want completely different things. My advice to you is that if you don't like RoE then stop with the posts that is derrogitory to the reputation of RoE. Because then you're not giving it a chance to grow and be what it needs to be. You're shutting it down without a chance and its THAT's the type of person that you are then you obviously need to stick the ''heavily populated'' games where everyone else is just as biased as you are.

• dennisvdzdennisvdz Member Posts: 67

The game is really cool, if you know how all works.

I'v got in a trouble, when I try to cast a spell, and next i can cast ONLY spells xl.

I see that I need to leave the spell modus with a small button :P.

Alsoo I'm with the trouble to logout (who has got this problem too; say /quit)

The FAQ/helpdesk system is fantastic.

One think, why i think I don't play this game more, is the players. I'm the only player at the time!

Also the loading time is too long at areas..