Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: Exclusive Screenshots

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Our friends over at Icarus have sent along three new, exclusive screenshots from their upcoming, post-apocalyptic MMORPG, Fallen Earth.

Learn more about Fallen Earth here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    NICE!

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

i haven't beat on a zombie with a lead pipe in AGES.

i'm glad they're throwing out tidbits like this but DAMNIT GUYS, i wanna play.

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by xxthecorexx

i haven't beat on a zombie with a lead pipe in AGES.

i'm glad they're throwing out tidbits like this but DAMNIT GUYS, i wanna play.
    I've been watching this game for awhile now.  It keeps looking better every day.   This will hopefully be the game that breathes a bit of fresh air into the MMO genre.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• WarblazeWarblaze Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Oh common folks, this mmo needs a higher hype!  I cant wait to play this!
  • PerkoPerko Member Posts: 62
    LOL, did I just read "breath of fresh air" and "beating zombies with a lead pipe" back to back ?  You guys are such top notch comedians, somebody who never played, say System Shock 1, might think you're being serious...
  • WarblazeWarblaze Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Perko

LOL, did I just read "breath of fresh air" and "beating zombies with a lead pipe" back to back ?  You guys are such top notch comedians, somebody who never played, say System Shock 1, might think you're being serious...
    And your point is...?  

You cant seriously say this game isnt bringing something new into the mmorpg marketplace just because some 14 year old offline game had zombies and pipes in it. 
  • tilelantilelan Member Posts: 24
    I hope thats not the EQ 2 engine. Hope the gameplay beats the graphics. Cause atm they are not so hot.
  • MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by tilelan

I hope thats not the EQ 2 engine. Hope the gameplay beats the graphics. Cause atm they are not so hot.
    Really?

Looks on par with quite a few new games as of late. They dont need to have all the new shaders ETC if you have a good art department, its all in the texture man.

Its a custome engine if i recall corectly.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

It does look interesting and the zombie-genre could certainly fit in with MMORPGs. 

But I'm not sure how much I'll want to play a game that's set in a desolated urban wasteland.    I can run around a place like that just by going downtown lol.    I guess that it's a  problem with any MMORPG in a modern setting, how do you make the world itself interesting when it's all commonplace things we see everyday?  (Or broken-down, rusting commonplace things as in this case)

Still it's good to see a company trying something new.   If they let you use flamethrowers on the zombies then I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the game  

• muttamigomuttamigo Member Posts: 14
    Who needs a Flamethrower when you got modified paintballguns... pewpew
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    Originally posted by muttamigo

Who needs a Flamethrower when you got modified paintballguns... pewpew

pewpew indeed

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

This game could be good.  Hard to tell at this point, but they definitely have my interest.

The screenshots remind me of Resident Evil, which is cool. 

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    Looks WONDERFUL, keep up the great work guys!