Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DragonBall Online release in 2008

RoleroRolero Member UncommonPosts: 24
when i we gonna get some information for here

www.4gamer.net/news.php

Comments

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466
    Originally posted by Rolero

when i we gonna get some information for here

www.4gamer.net/news.php
    You have two choices for a response:

1.  ON THE NEXT DRAGON BALL Z!!!!

or

2.  As soon as you take the language course, ONLY 29.99!!!!!
    Another wise crack:

I wonder if you have to spend 30 minutes between levels powering up and yelling.
  • DemonZealotDemonZealot Member Posts: 173
    As cool as the concept of a human lookalike alien race and their ability to control matter and energy with their minds and bodies is, the ridiculous (as stated above) anime cartoons and hordes of 9 year old followers diminish the coolness factor to about the equivalent of pokemon.
  • MoobkradMoobkrad Member Posts: 308
    It won't hurt to give it a try.
    Originally posted by DemonZealot

As cool as the concept of a human lookalike alien race and their ability to control matter and energy with their minds and bodies is, the ridiculous (as stated above) anime cartoons and hordes of 9 year old followers diminish the coolness factor to about the equivalent of pokemon.

I watched DBZ after school every day during middle school.  I was totally hooked on it and never really saw anything wrong.  When I entered high school a friend told me about Cowboy Bebop and many other animes that actually had a plot that wasn't an endless cycle of OMG SO POWA!!!!LOL MUST USE EARTHS STRENGTHS FTW!!!

I still have a place for it in my heart, but I doubt I would ever play a game that would mostly be popular with 13 year olds with names like Son Gokui, Son Kogu, Son Gokuu, Son GGookkuu, etc etc etc.

Plus, the experiences and storylines seem to revolve around the facts that:

1. Goku and he friends and family are the most powerful being on the planet. (And most other realms as well.  Including hell, or HFIL "Home of Infinite Losers" as it was called on the censored dubs)

2. The saiyans are destroyed sans Goku and Vegeta (and some others that die later)

3. No one else really dies ever even Krillan who dies about 20 times and never does anything worthwhile.

None of these lend themselves to a lore that could generate an MMORPG.  Instead it seems like they are just using the art and ability animations/names to create a world that contains a bunch of saiyans and nameks.

I think the 9 year olds will only be 1 of many factors that make DRAGONLAWL Z: Online unappealing.
    There is one possible way to make it cool, though.  I could see the game having an appeal if everyone was on planet Vegeta.  The home planet of Vegeta was run by an evil King if I remember correctly.  Saiyans are very nasty dudes with tails who pick fights and are sent to other planets to destroy them.  I think eventually you learn that Freeze (the overly feminine villian) controls the Saiyans.

That would be an interesting concept.  An MMO that sends players into a world of slavery.  Basically you are sent on missions to destory innocent planets with beings weaker than yourself.  You win, you get a new mission, you lose, you die and no one cares.
  • ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by retrospectic
    DRAGONLAWL Z: Online

Normally, I hate the use of 'lawl', but that made me cackle wildly for some reason.

I personally could never play the game. I don't think I could make it past the login screen before being overcome by this.

• RoleroRolero Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Coldmeat www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php

Normally, I hate the use of 'lawl', but that made me cackle wildly for some reason.

I personally could never play the game. I don't think I could make it past the login screen before being overcome by this.

i think that DB Online is best shit that others MMOs.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579783
  • whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

DB Online is best shit that others MMOs?

Originally posted by whitedelight

DB Online is best shit that others MMOs?

I think he's referring to Database Online, the new MMO by Oracle.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544
    I was saying the sentence out loud and just couldn't figure out what he said.

If I had to guess, it'd be that Dragonball Z Online will be the shit, or that all other MMO's are the shit, or that all other MMO's are shit.

I think. Maybe playing DBZO makes him have to shit?

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585

I would play this game.

But they have to force you to yell into a VOIP system when you are doing powerful attacks, the more you yell, the more powerful your attack is. Oh and you have to smack-talk each other for 3 days at least before you begin big PvP matches.

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    I call the name Vegeto.