Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reason to play!

Entropia Universe can be a great game if you can get over the fact that you are spending real money to play the game. First and foremost you must set a limit as to how much you are willing to invest into the game. For me this number is $10/week for others $25/month is good seeing is it is about how much you will spend on other mmog. Once you have your limit you know what types of activities you can participate in. This is a game just like anyother, I find it to be one of the most challenging games to succeed in which for some can be a turn off, for others it can become one of the most fun and rewarding gameplay experiences youve encountered. As a difficult game you will find that you can run out of your ped(money) very quickly. That is one of the challenges that the universe has to offer, money managment can not only benefit you in the game but outside of the game as well.  I have played many mmorg's that if you just put some hours into it you will come out successfull, there is no thinking involved, with EU the sky is the limit as to what you can do to accomplish your game goals. With the right mindset and alittle bit of luck you can come out on top. Playing this game you have to expect too loose some money! The company that runs this game is a buisness like anyother and they have to make thier income one way or another. If you can have a ton of fun while trying minimise those losses what have you to lose? Not anymore than you would have lost playing another game that has the feeling of 1000 other games that youve played before. In summary play for the challenge, the fun, and the chance to play a unique game that was and is one of the first of its kind. DO NOT PLAY TO MAKE MONEY!

Comments

• Lex15Lex15 Member Posts: 1
    That's right!
  • lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

yes you will lose money.I major in math so I only lose 1% of my money per year.

I only deposit $1 per day. I actually beat the system.

Math is great.

I made money .

• beam21beam21 Member Posts: 3

You're right, it does teach money management - in my squidoo lense I talk about it being a good learning tool in that respect. I stll don't think it's a game in the carefree sense of the word, though definitely a game if likened to some strategy game.

• jagerballjagerball Member Posts: 1
    Yes, I would definitely agree that strategy (of all sorts) plays a big part in EU.
  • lenxlenx Member Posts: 7
    I played this game for quite some time about a year ago, just with a free avatar sweating mobs. I was able to make a few peds and really enjoyed the game because it's a very mature environment such as EVE online. Although EVE online bothers me because it's all about gangs, PVP and beeing paranoid.

I would actually love to play this game but i'm afraid to spend any money because i know for sure that it will all be gone before i know it. You are right that you have to set a money limit for yourself. My limit would be 15€ but i'm afraid that will just be blown away in less then a week. Especially the fact that there is less and less loot to grab bothers me. Am I right about this? Furthermore it's entirely true what you say: don't play to make profit! It will only cause frustration about losses.
  • dizzy17dizzy17 Member Posts: 2
    I remember when i had this and i liked it but it was a bit too laggy but not the lagiest game ive played but still it was annoyin. also i didnt know what the hell i was doin at first then i learned to gather sweat n blah blah blah. after i gathered loads of sweat i was gunna sell it but i didnt have a clue how much it was worth so i saw how much other ppl were sellin it so i set a price. i couldnt sell it which was annoyin but a guy was shoutin he was buyin sweat for a good price ( i cant remember the price) and he was literally across from me. so i tried to walk over to him and it took me about 20 mins just to bloody reach him cuz of lag and when i got to him i was jus like teleported into the sea.so i got really pissed off and quit then just deleted the game lol. i wanna get it again but its pointless if its just gunna be laggy again.
  • TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by dizzy17

I remember when i had this and i liked it but it was a bit too laggy but not the lagiest game ive played but still it was annoyin. also i didnt know what the hell i was doin at first then i learned to gather sweat n blah blah blah. after i gathered loads of sweat i was gunna sell it but i didnt have a clue how much it was worth so i saw how much other ppl were sellin it so i set a price. i couldnt sell it which was annoyin but a guy was shoutin he was buyin sweat for a good price ( i cant remember the price) and he was literally across from me. so i tried to walk over to him and it took me about 20 mins just to bloody reach him cuz of lag and when i got to him i was jus like teleported into the sea.so i got really pissed off and quit then just deleted the game lol. i wanna get it again but its pointless if its just gunna be laggy again.
    Seems you were lucky enough to witness the worst patch ever in EU. It was massively laggy and there was this 'water bug' too which was annoying like hell. It is over now but those where the shittiest days in EU I can remember.