Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game crashes to blue screen when trying to install on vista.

XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
I've tried a couple of things in the Vanguard Tech Forums with no luck. My brand new system with Vista crashes to a blue screen and restarts my computer when trying to install from the disc. Any one have this problem? If so how did you fix it?

Comments

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    While I never had the problems that you are talking about there are a couple of things you might try.  First is make an image of the game disc on your hard drive, mount it with daemon tools and install from the image.  Another option would be to copy all the files to your hard drive and install from there.  Maybe your system is just trying to protect you :P
  • ThonyThony Member Posts: 215
    Originally posted by Xzen

I've tried a couple of things in the Vanguard Tech Forums with no luck. My brand new system with Vista crashes to a blue screen and restarts my computer when trying to install from the disc. Any one have this problem? If so how did you fix it?

From what i read here it has nothing to do with Vanguard disk. You cannot get a blue-screen from installing a game that is only putting data onto your harddrive or maybe at the end of a install when some of the data you have installed is being activated, otherwise from what you tell us i think you need to search in your driver dir. for your cd/dvd or whatever you use to play cd/dvd. Check those drivers or check vista forums but it has no real use to search Vanguard Forums as your problem is Vista related or atleast system related.

• EranuEranu Member Posts: 191
    Had no problems installing on my vista home premium however had some problems running the game which i corrected by running the game i  xp service pack 2 compatability mode. Ive found vista extremely stable.

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

• KombatJesusKombatJesus Member Posts: 236
    How is that vista anyway?  Doesn't that Genuine Advantage screw you over when it comes to various mp3s, programs and other things?

http://mentaltruancy.guildportal.com - Friendly Vanguard:Saga of Heroes Qalia based Guild.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by KombatJesus

How is that vista anyway?  Doesn't that Genuine Advantage screw you over when it comes to various mp3s, programs and other things?
    There are... ways.. around everything microsoft tries to make people go through :).  While vista is a decent os I can not but help to think that so much time and space could be saved without having microsoft act as a police officer.

I run both on my rig, vista and xp. Most of my time is honestly spent in XP but with the directx10 games coming soon and microsoft's reluctance to allow a service pack with dx10 will soon be forced to spend my time in vista.  Too bad my creative soundcard is reduced to 15 year ago quality due to having to run in software mode. :(
  • hbktimf24hbktimf24 Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Sounds like you have bad RAM to me. Take it back to wherever you bought it have them check it. blue Screen is 99.99% hardware failure and most likely RAM failure.