Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall...what do you think?

Greetings all.

I am a new member of the MMORPG.com community and I would like to get some feedback from you good people on the upcoming release of the intriguing title "Darkfall".  I have been following this game for some time and must say I'm impressed by the ideas presented on this new kind of MMORPG. 

I may be new to MMORPG.com but I am no newb (or noob) to the MMO scene.  I have played the following (in great length) EQ1, EQ2, GW, WoW, Lineage2, Planetside, and was only satisfied with WoW + EQ1 (and GW kept me interested before they started shooting out expansions)...this new idea of "no levels" is quite fascinating for the fantasy genre games..but is that what kept me addicted to some of the great titles listed above?  Will having no levels mean you will get bored of the game faster?  That all depends on the amount of content they will offer post-launch and (very much so) the community that will aspire in the upcoming Darkfall world (assumings it does release).  But I would love to hear the opinions of experienced gamers and their ideas on the game.  I find myself tiring of the leveling/grinding game and wanted to know what YOU thought.  Your 2 cents (whether they be good or bad) would be much appreciated.

Thanks =)

Comments

• ThedrizzleThedrizzle Member Posts: 322

Darkfall will be released in Q4 2019. It will be using the antiquated unreal 1 engine whilke all other MMO's will be completely virtual.

Look for its release on the Atari 2600.

But to be serious... Vaporware.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    As interested in the game as I was when I first read up on it many years ago.  I'd have to say Vaporware.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• RoleroRolero Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Nezrul

I am no newb (or noob) to the MMO scene.  ...this new idea of "no levels"

welcome :)

ultima online have 10 years old, and it's not use level-cap so this not  is new idea

i like skill-cap u are free for create your templete and roleplay

I recommend uo for fanatic of rol-old-skool and virtuals worlds.

Darkfall wanna be a new uo. but mix fps-acction ,

brilliant if they obtain it
  • NezrulNezrul Member Posts: 6
    I do agree the previous launchdate (2002 was it?) being put off SO SO long is definately not a good sign for the company or the title...but Blizzard had its share of hacks and bots with the Diablo series before they made the very sturdy WoW.  Perhaps Blizzard isn't the only company that can capitolize on it's mistakes?
  • NezrulNezrul Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Rolero

ultima online have 10 years old, and it's not use level-cap so this not  is new idea

i like skill-cap u are free for create your templete and roleplay

I recommend uo for fanatic of rol-old-skool and virtuals worlds.

Darkfall wanna be a new uo. but mix ftp-acction ,

brilliant if they obtain it
    Yes I was aware of Ultima online as well..so you can slap me on the wrist saying it was a "new idea" if you'd like.  However  companies haven't been steering towards making a quality "no level based" fantasy genre game since..If i am incorrect yet again please correct me.  I started on EQ1 right after it's launch and have been playing MMO's since..so I definately did overlook ultima and it's features.  But a "new" game not based on levels, and the company developing it actually following through would definately be worth a try no?
  • YanenYanen Member Posts: 72

I don't know about you guys, but i'm turning my back on Christ now.  I want to be around on Earth when the rapture happens to play Darkfall because i heard that it was being released the same year

• SauceyFelipoSauceyFelipo Member Posts: 21
    I have faith in Darkfall. It seems they have been posting updates more regularly. (Just started following the game).

I'm sure if it was vaporware we wouldn't have any updates.

Stab it in the FACE

• omfgalreadyomfgalready Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by Yanen

I don't know about you guys, but i'm turning my back on Christ now.  I want to be around on Earth when the rapture happens to play Darkfall because i heard that it was being released the same year
    lol

qwr

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    It's a handful of guys who have been developing a very ambitious title for a very long time without any backing from a major publisher or studio.  If that alone doesn't raise any flags for you, nothing else really can be said.

It's just another title which people here are hailing as the new messiah for jaded MMORPG vets.  Note that Mourning and Dark and Light also held these spots at various times.
  • acmtalkacmtalk Member Posts: 405
    I like that they are taking their time,  Just look at Vanguard, and How bad the game is, I say let Darkfall devs take their time, I don't care if the game is ready in 1 year or 4, It will be the best mmo period!

• NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291

it looks good so far ....

graphics are awesome .. world looks gritty ... but still interesting not bland ...

the thing is ... i am not sure if i trust the PVP system .. its one thing for experienced developers to make an ALL PVP game .. they have the experience behind them to balance out the system and prevent ridiculous ganking and griefing ...

but im not sure if darkfull ( contrary to the dev's interview states) will be able to really create a fluid and fair PVP system ...

we'll see