Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Game Update #1

TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

This morning, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes implemented Game Update #1.

On Wednesday, March 7th at 5AM PST all servers will be brought down for Game Update #1. The estimated downtime is 3 hours. Please expect a longer download time.

With Game Update #1 Customer Support now has an upgraded petition system to better assist players. As a result of the changes made to the petition system all open petitions have been closed. If you still have an issue that you need assistance with please re-petition the issue when you log into the game.

For more information about Game Update #1 please view the Game Updates Page!

- The Vanguard Team

Read more here.

Laura "Taera" Genender
Community Manager
MMORPG.com

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    looks good.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• aqeeaqee Member Posts: 40
    Game released to fast to soon.. rewamp areas after a month 

MMO's Played: 20 , Closed Beta: 9 , Open Beta: 3 , Currently:Warhammer Beta
    Guild: Futilez

• DentoDento Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Taera

This morning, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes implemented Game Update #1.

With Game Update #1 Customer Support now has an upgraded petition system to better assist players. As a result of the changes made to the petition system all open petitions have been closed. If you still have an issue that you need assistance with please re-petition the issue when you log into the game.

Read more here.

ROFL, I guess they are really addressing all the issues,  right to the trash!

they should just include a delete button with thier petition system.  Maybe thats what the send button really does

Man thats great cuustomer service right there  keep it up guys I hope to see you going bust soon

• PanturaPantura Member Posts: 54
    The patch improved alot of things but it also brought a pack of new bugs. Ever since patch I've been able to walk through rock, one whole town vanished and there are a few other things that worry me.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Hahahahaha. They did it again!

In SWG, customer service was so bad, and got so behind, they deleted 80,000 tickets. They followed up by boasting of how "current" they were.

Note that they are deleting all outstanding petitions, using the excuse of an improved form! My god these guys suck.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

given their history with SWG, I see soon more problems being made than being solved. this is merely one of the many outstanding issues that SOE/SIGIL continues to shoot itself in the foot with. They are an absolute bunch of incompetent chimps. watch them boast how they are "aiming to solve the outstanding problems" and their goal is to meet customer satisfaction! HAH! fat chance. theyll milk like they did EQ2, SWG, with changes, dead end non completeable quest links that you cant possibly finish until they enable it. bugs on top of bugs, software glitches, performance hitches OH MY! the crap never ends with SOE.

I will admit I had hopes for this game, b ut with SOE behind everything Sigil does, this is more and more looking  to tarnish Sigils otherwise respectable appearance. I think brad had a good game, with alot of potential, but parties involved behind the valed curtain of corporate greed forced his hand, and this is the crap that got spewed out by the game-o-matic machine that SOE has. they are really messing up their chances for this game to succeed, im not too sure but i think they are just crossed the line into no return where it will never possibly recover. I think it safe to say with SOE behind a game, people will be suspicious, skeptical, and otherwise pessemistic, and personally, can you blame them with the vile rampaged rapage that was NGE??

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• jdvarmitjdvarmit Member Posts: 7
    Logged in earlier after the update...Wow, what a mess. I had crafting orders completed but could not turn them in, tried to use "Fresh Berries" to regen health and it STOPPED health regen. The OOC channel was flying past like crazy. A monk had duel-wielded swords equipped and a lot of characters had appearances changed.

Update: The servers are down, they are doing some serious patching right now, wouldn't be surprized if we had a roll-back to pre-patch state.
  • ThonyThony Member Posts: 215
    Originally posted by nakuma

given their history with SWG, I see soon more problems being made than being solved. this is merely one of the many outstanding issues that SOE/SIGIL continues to shoot itself in the foot with. They are an absolute bunch of incompetent chimps. watch them boast how they are "aiming to solve the outstanding problems" and their goal is to meet customer satisfaction! HAH! fat chance. theyll milk like they did EQ2, SWG, with changes, dead end non completeable quest links that you cant possibly finish until they enable it. bugs on top of bugs, software glitches, performance hitches OH MY! the crap never ends with SOE.
    I will admit I had hopes for this game, b ut with SOE behind everything Sigil does, this is more and more looking  to tarnish Sigils otherwise respectable appearance. I think brad had a good game, with alot of potential, but parties involved behind the valed curtain of corporate greed forced his hand, and this is the crap that got spewed out by the game-o-matic machine that SOE has. they are really messing up their chances for this game to succeed, im not too sure but i think they are just crossed the line into no return where it will never possibly recover. I think it safe to say with SOE behind a game, people will be suspicious, skeptical, and otherwise pessemistic, and personally, can you blame them with the vile rampaged rapage that was NGE??

You ask if we could blame them, YES WE CAN , some people need to grow-up m8 and stop this nonsens seeking conspiricy around every corner with the name SOE, i hated SOE for what they did with SWG-pre-cu but seriously any normal humanbeing would move on, doesn't mean we can not be sceptical or suspicious against SOE it just means some people have a hard time facing the thruth and they needto bring up old news every time there is a report about SOE.

People seem to forgot the most importent thing in life and that WE CAN HAVE A CHOICE if you don't like something let it known and move one.

Sorry i'm just a dude with passion for MMORPG, i understand those that pure have passion for gaming that they probebly not like games like V:SoH.

I read a topic of a person (mature married man with wife/kids) he was explaining that he really love's MMO's but that he didn't like V:SoH because it felt like work and he also needed time to spend with his family, now this is fully understandeble if it was not that he showed he had 4 or 5 characters all ranged 10+/-20 all of them had diplomacy and crafting skills, so i ask meself how the hell someone dares to say the game feels like work as he is playing the damn game like work, if he just gamed like a normal person then he would take one profession , or take more profession to see what the right one is to continue to make his main character, don't come telling us you feel the game is more work then fun with so many characters in a brand new game where we all start as Newbs :) with the exception of the mmorpg experiance some of us bring with us.

Not saying that V:SoH is perfect or that it is polished or that the game is bug-free, that's not what i'm saying, what i am saying is that most make bigger problems then they actualy are, nope i'm not blind nor do i see that many problems in the game as some may want you to believe.

No fact's here pure my personal opinion on the matters.

• This patch was excellent, they fixed many bugs plus content.
  • Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

given their history with SWG...
    I'm not going to pretend. That right there is the only part of your post that I read.

I don't think I need to say a lot, but I will correct you on a couple of things on which you seem utterly ignorant.

Sigil has no history with SWG. SOE is responsible for SWG, not Sigil. Sigil controls all content, updates, bugs, and in-game assistance. SOE take no part in this.

I could rant here, but it would probably be a waste of my time.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• AndirAndir Member Posts: 232
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

given their history with SWG...
    I'm not going to pretend. That right there is the only part of your post that I read.

I don't think I need to say a lot, but I will correct you on a couple of things on which you seem utterly ignorant.

Sigil has no history with SWG. SOE is responsible for SWG, not Sigil. Sigil controls all content, updates, bugs, and in-game assistance. SOE take no part in this.

I could rant here, but it would probably be a waste of my time.

Yeah, I pretty much gave up trying to provide any kind of real input here a while ago because the haters will make up their own truth and pretty much stretch anything written to extreme lengths to try to make it look bad.  I wish I had no life and could sit around crying about a game I didn't like.