Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Developer Focus: Jason Stone

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Funcom Developer Jason Stone stops by to answer Garrett Fuller's questions about live, work and the games industry in this Developer Focus interview.

MMORPG.com:

Tell us a little about your childhood. How did school and where you live influence your choice to join the video game community?

Jason Stone:

I moved a great deal, I think when I counted at around the age of eighteen I had moved something like twenty-three times. The longest I ever went to school in one place was for three years of high-school. Because my family was constantly moving I think I spent a lot more time playing with my commodore 64 and messing about in the early days online. I remember Delphi internet, the web before the web browser, and downloading Apogee shareware like Commander Keen off library BBS while playing L.O.R.D (Legend of the Red Dragon) and trying not to get eaten.

Read the whole interview here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• keke`keke` Member UncommonPosts: 33
    why dont they just release the damned beta instead of making themselves available for interviews. it's as if they're not really doing anything. damn them.
  • DeepSeedDeepSeed Member Posts: 2
    Heh, actually if anything his interview made me a little bit more interested in the game.  One gamer to another kind of thing.  That's cool.
  • CaniguaCanigua Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by keke`

why dont they just release the damned beta instead of making themselves available for interviews. it's as if they're not really doing anything. damn them.
    What makes you think you get into the beat anyway :P
  • brusebruse Member Posts: 20
    Yeay Athelan!!

Noone ever wins a duel against this guy in any game, I would not have chosen anyone else to develop this game that I've been waiting for a long time now..

And beta aint a free demo or trial time people :p

Take my word for it, do not trust me!

• Xanthos_EAXanthos_EA Member Posts: 1

This is first interview that has actually increased my interest in the game. Previous interviews did little to increase any interest I had in the game, some actually decreased them 

• MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309
    I just had a scary thought, he worked as QA on both EQ2 and SWG 2 of the most bug riddled games at launch that SOE ever popped out. I now worry a tad bit more about AOC.