Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Player-Crafted Ships Footage

MeddleMeddle Kamuela, HIPosts: 696Administrator Uncommon

Here's a new video featuring player crafted ships!

imagePlayer-Crafted Ships Footage
Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online released new video footage today of the seafaring crafts available in the recently released massively multiplayer online role-playing game, "Vanguard: Saga of Heroes." Watch as several varieties of ornate player-crafted vessels glide across the calm waters in and around the picturesque port towns of Telon in this minute-long video.

You can view more videos here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Comments

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light hartfortPosts: 800Member
    Good idea but the water and the ships look ugly + the world isn't free because you have to go through gates to get to other islands which tbh is abit of a immersion breaker.
  • mentalmonkeymentalmonkey barnhamPosts: 85Member
    Cant wait to get my hands on one, would someone mind telling me the level's you can use (and easily get the gold for) each class of ship, houses and mounts?

EQ2 player
    Ex - EVE Online addict
    played -
    SWG, EQ2, Vanguard, Planetside, Second Life, EVE-O and a few randoms

• ReklawReklaw Am.Posts: 6,478Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Veiled_light

Good idea but the water and the ships look ugly + the world isn't free because you have to go through gates to get to other islands which tbh is abit of a immersion breaker.

I have never ever seen a ingame footage that looked the same as my ingame experiance, footage always look worse, the only thing that is mostly excactly the same are intro movies of games, so i will not compare the crafted ship footage with when you actualy see it on your own computer, okay it might look the same if someone doesn't have the system to play this game at a minimum of high settings. Didn't know about the gates and not sure if i understand what you mean with these gates being a immersion breaker? are they a load screen ? do they popup in the middle of hte ocean ? just curious what you ment if you don't mind me asking?

All in all really looking forward to seeing some ships and maybe in time owning one, it all depence if my adventure needs a ship else it will come when ever i really gonna need it, a house is something i want first in VSoH (read not the first person in VSoH to get a house cause i really do not care if i'm the first or the last to put down a house, its all about the game and just something i personaly want instead of a ship first.

• DajminDajmin LondonPosts: 54Member

I don't think it looks bad, but the generic pixel shaders are a little too shiny (just like Everquests water now). It would be better if it actually reflected the things in the water / on the horizon.

Also, the ships should leave waves in their wake. EQ2 does this with players in the water, so we know it's possible. And if not an actual wave, then at least a particle effect to simulate the disruption of water. Ships that size would definitely not pass through the water to smoothly.

But that said, it's not bad. And the idea of player crafter ships certainly sounds interesting to me.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Lafayette, LAPosts: 863Member

Originally posted by Veiled_light
    Actually, you don't have to go through the gates. They're only there if you want to use them. There isn't any loading screen, and it still takes a considerable amount of time to get across an ocean, even with the gates.

If it pleases you, you actually can just sail out from a continent in any direction and see where it takes you. There are supposed to be some islands scattered around the ocean. I haven't found any (I don't have a ship), but these islands will be past the gates, so if you keep using them, you'll miss out.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• frkhot97frkhot97 StockholmPosts: 393Member

What can you do in these ship? Navigate to other continents? Random pirate encounters? Intercontinental trade and does the economy support that?