Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scions of Fate (Yulgang): Launch-Day Interview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Garrett Fuller had a chance to ask a few questions of the Scions of Fate Dev Team. Today, the game celebrates its official launch!

MMORPG.com:

Tell us about Scions of Fate's success in Asia. How well do you think the game will translate over to the rest of the world?

Scions of Fate:

Scions of Fate did REALLY well in Asia. We had over 70 million users with concurrent users breaking over 600,000. In Korea, it received the Presidential award for being the best MMORPG of that year, and it's STILL going strong as we speak.

You can read the whole interview here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• Darkz0rDarkz0r Member Posts: 78
    Lazy quote: // So however long it takes a person to level, whether it be a day or a week, it’s always going to be fun. //

I find it hard to agree to that having played the beta...Sure, some people that play the game are not 10 yo's retards, but so far its look just like another grind game. I can't see much of the fun in the leveling process that he described...

(PS, age doesnt mean crap sometimes, but generally its an indication :))
  • DarwynFOURDarwynFOUR Member Posts: 55
    Hah..another generic MMO being hyped to shit by MMORPG.com(and some other sites too),i was in the beta and ugh, that's all i'll say.

Ugh
  • Xerion12Xerion12 Member Posts: 371
    It's quite simple for any developer to put out a regular run of the mill MMO game and say "The highpoint of our game is partying with friends and having fun!".   Heres the problem,  MANY devs say that,  and most of their games have a bland, normal party system.  You can have fun partying with friends in most any MMO,  it's nothing new, and certainly not something to hype the game with.  Now I have not played Scions,  nor am I saying it is bad I'm just stating what went through my mind as I read the interview.

Cya.

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

Played in Korean server for almost a year and i love it.. deeply. The simplicity and the pace. I was hoping for the same fun and experience in US version but guess what? 80% of the players is vietnamese who act like kids.

Dont care about the party system, the gameplay.. its all rubbish with the horrible community. Yucks!

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331
    The problem with these korean games is that koreans try hard for community in mmorpgs but us lazy american want to community to come to us we dont want to have to work for it. This game isnt really doing good on community in my oppinion.
  • belgariadebelgariade Member UncommonPosts: 90

Well i'm not a free mmorpg fan but after playing couple hours.. i had fun with my girlfriend playing the bld and me the healer. We made like 12 lvl together in 2hours. We couldnt party before lvl 10 :( but the healer are able to solo like any other class. The game is pretty simple and i had fun following the story line. The music not to bad too!

I seen alot of people lost in their quest and tryed to help everyone i could and many other player was helping each other like that. So for me the communauty was good !

Anyone who have free time should try the game... it's a good change from my p2p game.

• IsometrixIsometrix Member UncommonPosts: 256
    70 million users what the hell? Please tell me that's a typo
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Isometrix

70 million users what the hell? Please tell me that's a typo

thats pretty standard numbers...for a asian freegame...

i think lineage2 has around 20 million paying customers in asia
  • AgamedeAgamede Member Posts: 9

70 million msers isn't a typo. But it's not too difficult to get when it's completely free and after winning numerous awards in 2005.

Im playing it right now and it's actually pretty fun!

• bouncebounce Member UncommonPosts: 24
    korean MMO and

"Scions of Fate will use the Cash Shop system so players can play the game for free" Oo

that would be another quick sightseeing tour through game-design then
  • SamaelSamael Member Posts: 31
    If I dont have to level to have fun, then why the leveling? I am tired of the "party and have fun" poor excuse for a game. Devs, be smarter than that

image - Spanish Black Prophecy Fansite

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Sound like another grind game.. take that garbage back to asia. we got enough of they left overs... Hero Online = grind game, 9Dragon = Grind Game, 2Moons = Grind Game

umm how bout  something with some actually content

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    Ok enough of people damn lame flaming and bashing i for one dont like this type of game but im not gonna knock it all too hell because of my oppinion. one all people have diffrent gameplay styles and  and difrrent genra of games they like yes grinding blah blah believe it or not more than half the mmo players love them type of games and all a mmo is anymore is grind unless you like the roleplay which is what these mmorpg are all about.As they stated its the type of game you can pick up and put down wasnt made for a hardcore gamer.These type of game i like too dabble with mainly cause im not in the mood for somethin hardcore sure ill go pick a game up and hack and slash crap.