Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Exclusive Screens: Week #31

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

After a breif hiatus, our weekly Pirates of the Burning Sea screenshot feature makes its return with three brand new images from Flying Lab Software.

For more on PotBS click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    Does anyone think that PotBS is going to be lost amidst the storm of forum activity regarding WoW/BC and Vanguard?  It kinda seems like Pirates is sailing under the radar of the larger mmorpg.com community.  It's always at the bottom of the visible hype meter on the main page, not many forum updates in the update section on the main page...  Doesn't seem like alot buzz...  I hope it does make a big splash because I'm eagerly anticipating it, but it could defintely use more buzz around here...

Good fansite for tracking POTBS news and commnity stuff: www.rnavy.com

• NalelNalel Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by SUMB44

Does anyone think that PotBS is going to be lost amidst the storm of forum activity regarding WoW/BC and Vanguard?  It kinda seems like Pirates is sailing under the radar of the larger mmorpg.com community.  It's always at the bottom of the visible hype meter on the main page, not many forum updates in the update section on the main page...  Doesn't seem like alot buzz...  I hope it does make a big splash because I'm eagerly anticipating it, but it could defintely use more buzz around here...

I personally can't wait for POTBS, however I would much prefer it to have a smaller, educated, more devoted community then let's say WoW.  The fact of the matter is the "more educated"  MMO Gamers will know what games are coming out and what ones have potential, and they'll follow what is good and solid, not what is popular.

The Screenshots look great, can't wait to get my hands on it!
  • SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Nalel

Originally posted by SUMB44

I personally can't wait for POTBS, however I would much prefer it to have a smaller, educated, more devoted community then let's say WoW.  The fact of the matter is the "more educated"  MMO Gamers will know what games are coming out and what ones have potential, and they'll follow what is good and solid, not what is popular.

The Screenshots look great, can't wait to get my hands on it! Small, un popular, highly educated games often do not survive...  Just look at what happened to TalonSoft and SSI...  Furthermore it's amazing that this post generated some WoW flaming...  AMAZING! 

I also find it amazing how people in this genre think it's one game or the other and NEVER both!  What if I play POTBS AND WoW?  How would you reconcile that seemingly incongruous pairing? I'd be tickled to know...

I still think PotBS will be overshadowed by Vanguard, WoW, AoC, WAR and G&H unless they really get a big media blitz underway.  People are already playing that other, Asian, Pirate MMORPG (VC)...  ANd POTBS isn't being released until June, hopefully not 6 months too early, as it seems most mmo's are... 

Still I'm hoping for success... 
  • JudithWilliamsJudithWilliams Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 65

Wow... is all I can say! The game looks amazing!

I think this game will make a big splash. Hype has just died down because it has been in development for awhile but it will pick back up.

Vanguard isn't going to overshadow anything... the game sucks and graphics are horrible. I can only imagine it will hang on from original eq players loving it.

So many new games coming out that look great! Warhammer online, age of conan, and potbs. Vangaurd should have stayed in dev if they expect to measure up to these upcoming games.

As far as wow, I like wow and I also play eq2. no reason every to bash wow itself. I just bought the expansion, but I must admit everytime I play wow I find the community for the most part childish. The key is to find a mature guild and ignore all the childish people and concentrate on a great game.

Educator, writer, and Gamer.

Follow me at: MMOG Musings and MMOGology

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

the UI looks like only one hotbar is up at a time (bottom middle of screen) with / and  / to select another hotbar.

this would be fine if there are only 12 (i counted) abilities / actions in the game, but a real pain in the ass otherwise

• bsharp32bsharp32 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by xauss

the UI looks like only one hotbar is up at a time (bottom middle of screen) with / and  / to select another hotbar.
    this would be fine if there are only 12 (i counted) abilities / actions in the game, but a real pain in the ass otherwise

Fortunately that's not the case. In the prefs you can call up more horizontal and/or vertical icon bars if you like (and the feature you describe is also an option). We try to keep UI elements to a minimum when making screenshots is all.

• KoolaiderKoolaider Member Posts: 450
    They're going to be working a lot more on the UI, according to the head of Flying Lab Software.
  • Mr.NicklebeMr.Nicklebe Member Posts: 4
    I've been following this game for years now, all other mmo's are currrently clones of each other so potbs will be a nice change. If you're worried about potbs going un noticed its getting released on Steam which will give it some of the best media attention you can get.