This game is horrible, don't play it. You could have more fun playing solataire.
There just aren't a lot of games out there to play, and that is why people still stick in here. Believe me, after the christmas season, this game will be dead in america and europe because good mmo's are coming out.
After playing wow and swg and getting tired of each them, there really is no substitute. This is a crappy game with crappy service. Here are some reasons why you should run away from this game as quickly as possible.
1. Customer service(CSR/GM) representatives are hardly ever online. During Prime Time European/American hours, Gm's are consistently absent. From Noon to Midnight eastern standard time, you rarely ever see a gm ingame. And there is no direct way to contact them like in many other mmo's. The only GM that is ever helpful is Polaris. He is the only one that will talk to you and try to get something done. The only problem is that his coworkers are the laziest slobs on earth, so nothing ever gets done. Mgame USA doesn't even have a working telephone number to call. The listing in Irvine, CA isn't even theirs anymore.
Lets do a run down of the GM's for this game(excluding polaris)
1. Gerrard-doesn't ever answer pm's and is hardly ever online to answer them anyways.
2. Shail has been ingame around 3 times in about 4 months
3. Raian-been online once in the last 5 months
4. Bigpapi-never online except for late at night in american/early morning in europe.
5. Regulator-(the head gm) i haven't seen him ever and i started on the first day of open beta.
2. Customer service is not well informed. After the character deletion fiasco(various people had characters lost for a month), Polaris(a GM) said that the characters should be up in week. It took them 30days to get something done for the majority of players. For extra proof, look at all the bugs ingame that have been around since the start of open beta. I still haven't gotten back items that went missing while my character was deleted, or been reimbursed for lost time/money on my super premium packages. Again, this is because no one is ever ingame and willing to help other than Polaris. It seems they pretty much leave him in the dark.
3. The Graphics are horrible(even for a free game). I don't know why someone would think these graphics are good. Ryzom is free and it looks great.
4. This game is a grind orgy. There is hardly any content or storyline ingame. There about 10-15 quests that are all mundane fetch and carry missions. The only thing to do is level your character. This game has been in open beta since june 14th, and no one has a completed character.(that includes the people from closed beta).
5. The pvp is simplistic. You essentially have to push 2-3 buttons repeatedly and have better gear than your competition. There is no strategy inlvolved. About the only good thing about pvp is that it breaks the up the repitition of leveling your character. Now tho, only one sub class can pvp effectively, so it is useless for others to even try because they are usually killed quite quickly.
6. The pve is boring. Bosses are a highlight of the game. Don't get me wrong, they were fun at first, but killing them over and over again does get a trifle old considering they are the only fun thing left to do. It's got to the point where my old guild on demeter, Awaken, could kill a boss with just two people fighting the thing( it's quicker if you have a mage healing you-less repotting). Well, that kind of pve is limited to a certain percent of the community, so the majority spend hours farming loot in the same place for months.
7. Cash Shop ruined the game. Cash shop packages have ruined the game because they instantly give average players items that would have taken them months to get normally. MetaThorite, which i have quite freely used, was the first step in ruining this game, because it gave everyone great gear. The first time metathorite came out, it didn't really effect a large amount of the population. They were still unable to either wear or farm the loot that was being made available. After metathorite came out, Kharo balls came out. Kharo balls destroyed the game. Any character could go out with a group of friends and kill an easier version of a boss. This flooded the market with spectacular gear, because these mini bosses dropped better if not equal gear than their real boss counterparts. The economy, at least on my server Demeter, has suffered. You can't get good items for a non inflated price. This is partially because there are hardly any money sinks ingame that take out excess wealth. About the only thing that you have to pay for ingame that doesn't go to another player are scrolls that increase damage and defense, ressurections of items, and potions.( i think the only weapons or armor i have bought are quest related..and i think it was just armor.)
8. The community is very mercenary. I have played quite a few mmo's. Never have i encountered such a mercenary group of individuals as in LoA. Scammers, key loggers, and dupers are abundant. Yet, the customer service rarely gets involved in issues that concern these individuals.
9. The community is miniscule. I left swg because my server was hit hard by players leaving because of sony's New game enhancements. There were about 1-2k people left on a server that had over 100k players in it's prime. In LoA, each server only has about 1k players. And if one looks around and just watches for awhile 1k might be overestimating the population size. The worst thing Mgame could have done was to make another server(phoenix).
I could go on with more examples, but i don't really see a point. I would say this game isn't fun. In fact, it's just the opposite. It's repetitive, boring, and severely understaffed.