Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tibia is so underated!

StingerptStingerpt Member Posts: 1

Lots of people see the 2D graphics and they say tibia sux, worst rpg... this MMORPG is one of the bests because of their skill system, drag and drop, it requires lots of tatics... it is a lot different from those MMORPGs comming from china that they are almost the same and Instant Skill based.... i think they are boring and im not talking about those guys that quit their social life to play wow and do their lives selling WoW Gold....

Tibia was the only MMORPG that still keep me playing, dispite of the support custumer ruining the game with anti macro stuff

If i had to choose between WoW or Tibia Premium i would choose tibia.

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Tactics? what kind of tactics, other then click the enemy mob name, wait a few seconds to kill the mob praying you don't get KS'd?
  • KbobKbob Member Posts: 81
    Tibia would be overrated if it had a 1, bad graphics, u kill stuff that cant attack back pretty often, loser community, and bad everything else. U can get better mmorpg's than tibia on ur cellphone.
  • Osiris9Osiris9 Member Posts: 11
    Stinggerp u are right.

Gameloader whats ur tibia chars lvl?,-i bet its maxium 3.

While advancing in tibia, you will see many more things about it.

if you want to check some REAL tactics just go look some tibia war videos, its totally different than smashing monsters down..

Dont talk about things whose you dont know

-------------------------------------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540
    gameloading, i was looking at this game for my kid, would this be something he would enjoy, and if you could please give me a report of what to expect in the game. i wuld appreciate that.. ty.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148

Gameloading, I believe you haven't played this game more than for a couple of minutes.

Otherwise, you wouldn't claim it has no tactics.

I say, that I have never played any another MMORPG which requires better use of tactics than Tibia. To claim this, I have played EQ2, WoW, GuildWars, MU, RO, Rappelz, and many other MMORPGs.

But, I always comes back to Tibia because I get bored after playing for couple of weeks or months in any other game. It is always hack and slash in other games.

Let me illustrate few sample tactics that you will need in Tibia (and these varies by different vocations(classes))

- If you are playing hit and run (required by Paladin and Mage classes for some monsters), you need to be aware of your surroundings and monster spawns, otherwise you can get trapped. Also, some monsters can slow you down with paralyze, for this you need to heal yourself.

- Some monsters have strong poison, if you get hit, you need to use antidotes.

- To clear big rooms, you will have to go up and down and shoot AOE runes over monsters. Sometimes you may have to use manashield. Sometimes you will need several tank type players to get the monsters hate to them while the mage classes can safely attack the monster horde.

- There are places where you have to pick and enter, or destroy energy/fire fields to enter.

- Unknown places in Tibia are extremely dangerous. Will get your adrenaline pumped because unlike other games, a one second delay can mean your death and death is pretty harsh.

- Another good example is Hydras. They heal very fast. If you don't know how to kill them, you will never succeed, even if you are pretty high level.

Every strong creature, every dangerous dungeon requires unique tactics to use and you cannot succeed if you couldn't figure out how.

• TrueK1llTrueK1ll Member Posts: 3
    I agree with all the other Tibia fans. It is so underated, the whole game system is really good! There is always new things to do and tactics have to be used. The stats and training aspect is fun and death is really quite punishing. No matter what level you are there are still challenges, most people underestimate it because of it's screenshots and graphics. You really have to play for a while before you can judge it.
  • StraykoStrayko Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Tactics? what kind of tactics, other then click the enemy mob name, wait a few seconds to kill the mob praying you don't get KS'd?
    Hahahahahaha, so naive.

You think a game is only about killing monsters? HECK NO.

Don't judge before you've experienced everything, especially if you didn't get out of Rookgaard.

PVP is everything in Tibia, it makes you do wars...

You know what, screw this. I'm not going to explain, it's too much to type and too difficult for you to understand. It's all the other games which are just about clicking monsters, wait 'till it's dead and move on to the next one. This is what makes Tibia so different from all the other games, it's not about that!

Check my new forum thread, gonna copy it from Xfire, where I posted it. You'll see.

• KbobKbob Member Posts: 81
    Myabe tibia was fun 10 years ago, but now there are games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft or free games w/ graphics like Rappelz. Forget about tibia, go 2 the store and buy Oblivion or Dark Messiah.
    Originally posted by Kbob

Myabe tibia was fun 10 years ago, but now there are games like Guild Wars and World of Warcraft or free games w/ graphics like Rappelz. Forget about tibia, go 2 the store and buy Oblivion or Dark Messiah.
    WoW, GW and Oblivion... I've played. Great games, but none as good as Tibia.

The only game I've played which is better than this is Ocarina of Time, yeah even FF7 gets pwned by this one.

Originally posted by Strayko

Hahahahahaha, so naive.

Don't judge before you've experienced everything, especially if you didn't get out of Rookgaard.

You know what, screw this. I'm not going to explain, it's too much to type and too difficult for you to understand. It's all the other games which are just about clicking monsters, wait 'till it's dead and move on to the next one. This is what makes Tibia so different from all the other games, it's not about that!

Check my new forum thread, gonna copy it from Xfire, where I posted it. You'll see. Actually Tibia is exactly like that. If you think that Tibia requires any kind of skill or "advanced tactics", then your either only fooling yourself, or I would seriously consider the performance of your hand-eye coordination and clear thinking. if Tibia is all about pvp, then how come there are only so very few pvp servers? Then how come PVP is actually PUNISHED? Tibia is a PVE game with some lousy PVP tagged on it. Tibia's pvp is 100% based on Equipment and level, just like its PVE. the examples the other poster gave are things an 8 year can do. I know this because I used to work at a school as a volunteer, and kids played it as much as possible. Not to mention Tibia was my first MMO, and I was quite young when I first played it, which also explains the HORRIBLE community.

Hahahahahaha, so naive.

Check my new forum thread, gonna copy it from Xfire, where I posted it. You'll see. Actually Tibia is exactly like that. If you think that Tibia requires any kind of skill or "advanced tactics", then your either only fooling yourself, or I would seriously consider the performance of your hand-eye coordination and clear thinking. if Tibia is all about pvp, then how come there are only so very few pvp servers? Then how come PVP is actually PUNISHED? Tibia is a PVE game with some lousy PVP tagged on it. Tibia's pvp is 100% based on Equipment and level, just like its PVE. the examples the other poster gave are things an 8 year can do. I know this because I used to work at a school as a volunteer, and kids played it as much as possible. Not to mention Tibia was my first MMO, and I was quite young when I first played it, which also explains the HORRIBLE community.

Actually, Tibia required a lot of hand-eye coordination by aiming your runes and such.

Which does not apply anymore, because the developers implemented a server where you can aim your runes at the battlescreen (where all the people and monsters get listed).

However tactics do still apply, taking the place, time and flanks.

Knights in the front, mages and archers in the back (you can't walk through other people in Tibia).

And if you can trap people.

And Tibia's way different in monster hunting too, you actually have to run away from it while shooting and using your arsenal to kill it. It requires a lot more tactics than other MMORPGs. Why can you still not believe that?

You know, here's some tactics for you!

War involves a lot of tactics... you need to plan how and where you're going to battle, this one time we've locked some people up on a bridge. I'll show you the very simple strategy we used:

[img]http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/5754/strategy1fr3.png[/img]

This is how our troops were stationed, and the clashpoint would be at the bridge.

The enemies just entered the island by an underground cave.

[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3255/strategy2ml0.png[/img]

They walked to the bridge so we outflanked them because their knights were busy blocking our other troops. We were able to get to all their archers and mages with our knights and they had nowhere to run, so in the end we kept the bridge and they were not able to take our town. If they would've done so, we'd be screwed because it's a highly defendable place.

Here you can see some trapping going on:

Simply chasing people until you get them stuck, so definitely tactics. You can use magic wall runes to trap those people so they cannot escape and bash 'em to death.

Don't know why I even bothered doing this just to prove some stubborn guy wrong. Ahwell.

And I don't know what you're talking about, but Tibia's got 60 pvp servers out of the 72 servers in total.

So lol!?

Hahahahahaha, so naive.

Actually, Tibia required a lot of hand-eye coordination by aiming your runes and such.

Which does not apply anymore, because the developers implemented a server where you can aim your runes at the battlescreen (where all the people and monsters get listed).

However tactics do still apply, taking the place, time and flanks.

Knights in the front, mages and archers in the back (you can't walk through other people in Tibia).

And if you can trap people.

And Tibia's way different in monster hunting too, you actually have to run away from it while shooting and using your arsenal to kill it. It requires a lot more tactics than other MMORPGs. Why can you still not believe that?

You know, here's some tactics for you!

That is called Kiting, and that already existed before you even heard of Tibia. are you sure you played other MMORPG's? Because I actually find it hard to remember a game that DOESN'T allow kiting. and wow, you can trap people by standing next to them and hold them against a wall, omgz teh skillz!!111. "Knights in front, mages and archers in the back" wow, now Tibia is really the only mmorpg that uses that setup..

War involves a lot of tactics... you need to plan how and where you're going to battle, this one time we've locked some people up on a bridge. I'll show you the very simple strategy we used:

[img]http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/5754/strategy1fr3.png[/img]

This is how our troops were stationed, and the clashpoint would be at the bridge.

The enemies just entered the island by an underground cave.

[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3255/strategy2ml0.png[/img]

They walked to the bridge so we outflanked them because their knights were busy blocking our other troops. We were able to get to all their archers and mages with our knights and they had nowhere to run, so in the end we kept the bridge and they were not able to take our town. If they would've done so, we'd be screwed because it's a highly defendable place.

Here you can see some trapping going on:

Simply chasing people until you get them stuck, so definitely tactics. You can use magic wall runes to trap those people so they cannot escape and bash 'em to death.

Wow...I can't believe you actually consider this tactics? Tell you what, go Play EVE Online (and actually get into the clan based wars) or Lineage 2, do the pvp there, and witness some REAL strategy. this is the most basic "strategy" that is used in every mmorpg.

Don't know why I even bothered doing this just to prove some stubborn guy wrong. Ahwell.

Don't feel bad, you helped me prove my point.

And I don't know what you're talking about, but Tibia's got 60 pvp servers out of the 72 servers in total.

So lol!?

Actually, Tibia has only 2 pvp enforced pvp servers, the others allow pvp but pvp is PUNISHED there. I'm not sure if the rule is still there, of if cipsoft actually came to their senses after so many years, but after a certain number of PK's, your account would be BANNED. I believe it was 12 a month, and if you go on a PK rampage, your account gets banned as well. this was not some GM being  a prick, that was actually in the rulesetting.

So go have fun with your little "Tactics" haha.
    Ah, I didn't prove your point at all.

You just proved that you're not the smartest.

There's no getting into you, and I won't bother talking to you any longer. Play this game before you judge it, because I've played EVE and several other games. NOTHING compares to Tibia. Tibia is unique and is better than any other MMORPG.

That is ofcourse, my opinion, which is based on the indepth gameplay and structure of the game, which no other game has. And I do mean, no other game.

I thank you kindly, now go play EVE online and do some strategy, which can in no way compare to Tibia's strategy.

You are now ignored, because I don't like prejudices.

EDIT:

No, I am not going to counter your points, because that would be a waste of my time.

Ah, I didn't prove your point at all.

You just proved that you're not the smartest.

There's no getting into you, and I won't bother talking to you any longer. Play this game before you judge it, because I've played EVE and several other games. NOTHING compares to Tibia. Tibia is unique and is better than any other MMORPG.

That is ofcourse, my opinion, which is based on the indepth gameplay and structure of the game, which no other game has. And I do mean, no other game.

I thank you kindly, now go play EVE online and do some strategy, which can in no way compare to Tibia's strategy.

You are now ignored, because I don't like prejudices.

EDIT:

No, I am not going to counter your points, because that would be a waste of my time.
    Actually the fact is that your a raging fanboi. Go ahead,go play your little game. Tibia requires no strategy or skill and above all, its a poorly made game. Your a fanboi, and you proved by this how very little you know about MMORPG's. Structure no other game as? dude, close to everything Tibia has IS ALSO AVAIBLE IN OTHER MMORPG's, except its done BETTER in other MMORPG's. Stating that no other game has what Tibia has is the one and only proof that you clearly have zero understanding of the MMORPG genre. to "Prove" its uniqueness, you mentioned the "strategy" of kiting, which has already been done even in Ultima Online for crying out loud.

It is indeed a watse of time to try to counter my points, because you already lost the arguement by saying Tibia is like no other MMORPG, and you already proved that you should not be taken seriously by the post you made saying that "Tibia is the best mmorpg", which proves that you have no sense of quality.
    If the gameplay of Tibia would be able to be transferred to a 3d game, everybody would play this.

For the people claiming this game is bad, please read my other thread.

I hate fanboys who can't speak proper English and constantly keep trying to bash other games to justify their own payment for the games they play.

If the gameplay of Tibia would be able to be transferred to a 3d game, everybody would play this.

For the people claiming this game is bad, please read my other thread.

I hate fanboys who can't speak proper English and constantly keep trying to bash other games to justify their own payment for the games they play.
    If tibia would be transfered to a 3D game, then the community would only grow slightly harder. Tibia's rediculous high death penalty and punishing PVP would keep a lot of people from playing. Ever wondered why no big company has aver tried to copy Tibia's hardcore death penalty nature, yet at the same time they copy just about everything from Everquest's non - hardcore pvp gameplay? If Tibia would be a success in 3D, a 3D alternative game would have already been made.

Fanboys who think their game is the best thing since sliced bread and has original features (despite that close to every feature is avaible in other MMO's) and are therfore ignorant are even more annoying.
    'Kay.

You're not being annoying now, so I'll respond to your post trying to explain some things.

If Tibia would be transferred to 3D preserving the gameplay it has now, it would be the best game out there.

It's just that this game can't possibly be transferred to 3D without completely changing the gameplay experience.

The ridiculously high death penalty is what makes you appreciate your in-game earnings. It will get your adrenaline pumping when you walk through an unexplored cave, which I have never experienced in any other MMORPG ever.

If you die in WoW or Everquest you say:

No big deal, move on and get the experience back in an hour.

If you die in Tibia some people cry their hearts out, because they lose so much. Some people even quit playing the game. Now that's something you don't see in every MMORPG and that's something what makes Tibia unique.

As I said, you can't possibly make a 3D game like this. If the developers of Tibia would transfer Tibia to 3D, everybody would quit and this game would run into the ground.

Look there's much more to this game than other games, you actually get to make good friends which you stand by in their time of needs and protect when they're being attacked by other people.

It's got a social system like no other MMORPG.

I can't explain this to you, because you have to experience it yourself. I've played a lot of P2P games searching for variety (I get bored with playing one game the same time, very fast) and have found no game like Tibia.

I've been playing this game for 5 years on reasonable terms with some monthly breaks here and there.

PS:

The influence one can have on a server is insane. You can practically rule a server. The amount of power you can have is incredible.

A lot of people abuse this power, which creates eternal wars between good and evil, which on it's turn is cool.

'Kay.

You're not being annoying now, so I'll respond to your post trying to explain some things.

Actually, you and I both know that your merely responding because you can't stand it someone is saying negative things about your game. My attitude between that post and the ones before has not changed.

If Tibia would be transferred to 3D preserving the gameplay it has now, it would be the best game out there.

No it wouldn't. Tibia lacks important things like Custimization, a DECENT grouping system and  has a rediculous death penalty.

It's just that this game can't possibly be transferred to 3D without completely changing the gameplay experience.

The ridiculously high death penalty is what makes you appreciate your in-game earnings. It will get your adrenaline pumping when you walk through an unexplored cave, which I have never experienced in any other MMORPG ever.

Even more people get turned off by a harsh death penalty. Its not only frustrating, it also leads to an increasing downtime and a bigger timesink.

If you die in WoW or Everquest you say:

No big deal, move on and get the experience back in an hour.

If you die in Tibia some people cry their hearts out, because they lose so much. Some people even quit playing the game. Now that's something you don't see in every MMORPG and that's something what makes Tibia unique.

Thats a BAD thing. People quitting over a game because of a death penalty is not a good thing.  Its not a unique feature either, in fact, it was already introduced by a diffrent game before Tibia existed, Ultima Online. UO was/is not the only one, Lineage and Lineage 2 also include very harsh death penalties, as well as Asherons Call: Darktide.

As I said, you can't possibly make a 3D game like this. If the developers of Tibia would transfer Tibia to 3D, everybody would quit and this game would run into the ground.

You contradict yourself.

"
    If the gameplay of Tibia would be able to be transferred to a 3d game, everybody would play this."

And here you say that you can't possibly make a 3D game like this?

Look there's much more to this game than other games, you actually get to make good friends which you stand by in their time of needs and protect when they're being attacked by other people.

I have shown an alternative game for EVERY feature you mentioned. Do you think that Tibia is the only game where people werk together in PVP? Lineage and Lineage 2 are BUILD around that feauture for crying out loud, its what those games are known for.

It's got a social system like no other MMORPG.

Tibia's social system has been done in many other MMORPG's.

I can't explain this to you, because you have to experience it yourself. I've played a lot of P2P games searching for variety (I get bored with playing one game the same time, very fast) and have found no game like Tibia.

I've been playing this game for 5 years on reasonable terms with some monthly breaks here and there.

You don't have to explain anything, because I played the game myself for a reasonable amount of time. in fact, it was my very first MMORPG's a LOOOONG time ago.

PS:

The influence one can have on a server is insane. You can practically rule a server. The amount of power you can have is incredible.

A lot of people abuse this power, which creates eternal wars between good and evil, which on it's turn is cool.

www.archlordgame.com

http://www.archlordgame.com/features.php

You were saying?
    LOL.

If you compare Archlord to Tibia, you really don't have a voice in this thread.

The power you can have in Archlord is NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING as you can have in Tibia.

Where do I contradict myself? I think you need serious reading lessons:

You contradict yourself.

"
    If the gameplay of Tibia would be able to be transferred to a 3d game, everybody would play this."

If it "WOULD BE ABLE".

It's not. :)

Oops!

Dude, you're way too much going for graphics and stuff, Tibia is deeper than any MMORPG out there.

You just showed that you know nothing about this game. Don't try to counter the unique features of Tibia without even knowing them.

And you did change your attitude, I guess you enoy pissing people off. Gosh I hate people like you.

If you play consolegames, I bet you're a fanboy, because you're attitude really shows it all.

You did change your attitude towards me with your previous post, but now you've proven, once again, that you're not adult enough to have a normal discussion, bringing up arguments which actually have a core of truth.

You do not have the right judging this game after just playing one hour.

I repeat:

Thanks for wasting my time once again, I really can't stand people like you. Don't we have moderators who ban those "know it all, but don't know anything at all" people.

LOL.

If you compare Archlord to Tibia, you really don't have a voice in this thread.

The power you can have in Archlord is NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING as you can have in Tibia.

if you actually bother to read that part, you would see that my post was pointed to the comment where you said you can rule the game in Tibia. Saying the power you can have in ArchLord is nothing compared to tibia proves what a clueless fanboi you are. Can one single player change the weater in Tibia ? No. Can a player in Tibia fly as the only person with a flying mount? No. Can a player in Tibia own his own personal flying castle? No. Can a player in Tibia set taxes for the game world? No. All you can do in Tibia is pk people who are lower level then you, wooperdiedoo.

Where do I contradict myself? I think you need serious reading lessons:

You contradict yourself.

"

If it "WOULD BE ABLE".

It's not. :)

Oops!

Ofcourse its possible, every feature of tibia can be transfered to 3D.

Dude, you're way too much going for graphics and stuff, Tibia is deeper than any MMORPG out there.

You just showed that you know nothing about this game. Don't try to counter the unique features of Tibia without even knowing them.

I asked you to name those special features, and you only posted a few (of which I showed you a diffrent game that showed the exact same feature). you come up with bullcrap "Tibia has unique features". go ahead, name them right here and I will assure you I can give you a diffrent game with the exact same feature

And you did change your attitude, I guess you enoy pissing people off. Gosh I hate people like you.

If you play consolegames, I bet you're a fanboy, because you're attitude really shows it all.

Ofcourse you hate me, your a clueless fanboi, and I'm a person that is posting negative things about your game. your post saying "Tibia is the best mmorpg ever!" already gave it away.

You did change your attitude towards me with your previous post, but now you've proven, once again, that you're not adult enough to have a normal discussion, bringing up arguments which actually have a core of truth.

I repeat:

Too bad for you mr fanboi, I played Tibia for several weeks.

Thanks for wasting my time once again, I really can't stand people like you. Don't we have moderators who ban those "know it all, but don't know anything at all" people.

ah you poor baby, you can stand it when people post bad things about your game? Well sorry, we don't have moderators who ban people who express their opinion, even if they go against your own biased fanboi view. also, nobody is forcing you to read my posts. if you find them a waste of time, then don't read them. Although I know you can't resist to read my posts and try to counter my arguements..oh wait, you didn't counter my arguements, you tried get past them.

your a fanboi, and fanbois are always fun to mess around with because of their ignorance.

I don't know how to reply to you, because you can't possibly have a normal discussion with you.

If you call me a fanboy, damn you're so wrong. It's just plain stupid to say bad things about a game you can't judge, even playing Tibia for several weeks.

You can clearly see that you're the one just flaming around on the forums.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated right now, and you're calling me ignorant? You haven't seen yourself talking then. Claiming you can do more with the power in Archlord is insane stupidity, because if you know what you can do with the power in Tibia, you'll take those words right back.

You can practically own a server, blackmail people, set taxes, hunt people off of the server for them never to play again, pick out of a few hundred different houses or castles and so much more.

But those are the bad people, we like democracy the most, yeah Tibia actually has politics going on.

And you know what, the "having power feature" is not created by the developers, it's the players that create that feature.

And that's what makes this feature in Tibia so much better than it is in Archlord.

It's the same for the rest of Tibia, the players actually make the game, it's wonderful.

I can't possibly counter your arguments, because YOU'RE the one that's ignorant. And you will keep on playing ignorant, because you want to irritate people, seriously get a life.

You keep pointing out facts that are so irrelevant and pointing out features from other games that can't possibly compare to Tibia, because those features are so different.

I've said it, and I'll say it again. Read my topic about Tibia and you might get a little impression what Tibia is all about.

You can't possibly transfer Tibia to 3D, because then you wouldn't be able to drag items around using the 2D tile system.

Calling me a fanboy? I can't possibly laugh harder, because I'm the one who's the most objective of all people.

Tibia's features make this game so good, it's unique, there are no other games out there, 2D or 3D, which offer the same experience as Tibia.

I'm paying money for this game to play, if there would've been a better game out there, I'd be playing that right now.

Maybe you like walking from monster to monster, just clicking monsters and waiting 'till they're dead. Maybe you like lame PVP, pressing buttons to use a skill which you don't even aim, because you're automatically casting it on the monster/player you've selected. Maybe you like playing a game with only one or two friends. Maybe you like having no freedom at all in a game.

I like Tibia for it's variation, skill, community, social system and unique selling point.

You can see it like the Wii between an Xbox 360 and PS3.

Underrated, but actually the most fun of all.

Yeah, you're the fanboy in here.

You're bashing other games to make the game you play look good. That's what a fanboy does.

I'm just trying to defend a game which, as the thread title says, is totally underrated.

Dude, you can keep coming up with features from other games to counter the ones that Tibia has, but I am aware of the features from other MMORPG's.

I've practically played every good MMORPG out there, still my conclusion stays put, and this is my personal opinion, Tibia is the best MMORPG.

Now I occasionaly stop playing Tibia to play another game for a while for a little more variation. It's just that Tibia offers a lot of things that other games don't offer.

I don't know how to reply to you, because you can't possibly have a normal discussion with you.

If you call me a fanboy, damn you're so wrong. It's just plain stupid to say bad things about a game you can't judge, even playing Tibia for several weeks.

You can clearly see that you're the one just flaming around on the forums.

Flaming? May I remind you that it was you who started to post in an agressive manner? Its very well possible to have a discussion with me, however you can't, because you a blind fanboi. Yes sir, a person who makes post "this [insert game] is the best mmorpg" and is completely ignoring the flaws is a FANBOI.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated right now, and you're calling me ignorant? You haven't seen yourself talking then. Claiming you can do more with the power in Archlord is insane stupidity, because if you know what you can do with the power in Tibia, you'll take those words right back.

You can practically own a server possible in ArchLord, blackmail people Also possible in ArchLord, set taxes,possible in ArchLord hunt people off of the server for them never to play again Also possible in ArchLord, especialy because your the only one with a flying mount, pick out of a few hundred different houses or castles and so much more which has nothing to do with ruling a gameworld, because everyone can purchase a house if they have enough money..

But those are the bad people, we like democracy the most, yeah Tibia actually has politics going on.

And you know what, the "having power feature" is not created by the developers, it's the players that create that feature.

And that's what makes this feature in Tibia so much better than it is in Archlord.

It's the same for the rest of Tibia, the players actually make the game, it's wonderful.

And exactly because of that its done half arsed, and saying you can "rule" a servers is much more of your wishfull thought then the actual truth.

I can't possibly counter your arguments, because YOU'RE the one that's ignorant. And you will keep on playing ignorant, because you want to irritate people, seriously get a life.

You keep pointing out facts that are so irrelevant and pointing out features from other games that can't possibly compare to Tibia, because those features are so different.

Those features aren't diffrent. I have asked you to name features a number of times, yet you IGNORED that because you know that everything Tibia offers is also avaible in other games. I won't go tell you to get a life, because I won't sink to your standards.

I've said it, and I'll say it again. Read my topic about Tibia and you might get a little impression what Tibia is all about.

If I wanted to have a good impression about Tibia, I would ask someone who is actually non-biased, which you obviously aren't. Hey, I know who to ask...myself! Because despite your wishfull thinking, I actually PLAYED the game.

You can't possibly transfer Tibia to 3D, because then you wouldn't be able to drag items around using the 2D tile system.

A tile system can easily be transfered to a 3D setting,

Calling me a fanboy? I can't possibly laugh harder, because I'm the one who's the most objective of all people.

dude..you made a topic saying "Tibia is the best mmorpg ever" and all you do is bash people who don't agree with you.

Tibia's features make this game so good, it's unique, there are no other games out there, 2D or 3D, which offer the same experience as Tibia.

I'm paying money for this game to play, if there would've been a better game out there, I'd be playing that right now.

Everything Tibia offers is avaible in other MMORPG's. those that say otherwise need to actually PLAY other MMORPG's.

Maybe you like walking from monster to monster, just clicking monsters and waiting 'till they're dead. Maybe you like lame PVP, pressing buttons to use a skill which you don't even aim, because you're automatically casting it on the monster/player you've selected. Maybe you like playing a game with only one or two friends. Maybe you like having no freedom at all in a game.

dude, thats exactly what happens in Tibia. you move to a mob, hit its name in the combat list and then you pray that you don't get KS'd.

I like Tibia for it's variation, skill, community, social system and unique selling point.

cool, you will like a lot of other MMORPG's as well then, because those things are also avaible in other MMO's.

You can see it like the Wii between an Xbox 360 and PS3.

Underrated, but actually the most fun of all.

Yeah, you're the fanboy in here.

You're bashing other games to make the game you play look good. That's what a fanboy does.

I'm just trying to defend a game which, as the thread title says, is totally underrated.

Yes because heaven forbids that someone actually dislikes a game, No, it must because they need to justify that they are playing a diffrent game. If I was a fanboi, I would be promoting the game I was playing in here, yet I'm not. I am here talking negative things about a poor and outdated mmorpg, I am not hyping any other game.

Dude, you can keep coming up with features from other games to counter the ones that Tibia has, but I am aware of the features from other MMORPG's.

I've practically played every good MMORPG out there, still my conclusion stays put, and this is my personal opinion, Tibia is the best MMORPG.

Now I occasionaly stop playing Tibia to play another game for a while for a little more variation. It's just that Tibia offers a lot of things that other games don't offer.

Your being ignorant, because its FACT that every feature Tibia offers can be found in other MMORPG's. I asked you to name those features so I can show you other games that offer the exact same features, yet you keep avoiding it because you know the truth. move on little fanboi.

Here, I can go to your "Why tibia is the best mmorpg" post and I can go through the post step by step and show you other games that offer the exact same experience. If you want me to do that, then give me a call, because writing it takes time. This "Tibia is unique" illusion has got to stop.

Sigh...

There really is no coming into you, and you're calling me a fanboy.

You're really making a fool out of yourself here, Gameloading.

You keep saying the same things over and over again, and they don't make sense at all.

If you want features, look at my "Why Tibia is the best MMORPG" thread, already said it.

pick out of a few hundred different houses or castles and so much more which has nothing to do with ruling a gameworld.

You came up with the flying castle, my friend, not me.

And exactly because of that its done half arsed, and saying you can "rule" a servers is much more of your wishfull thought then the actual truth.

Lol, that was one of the dumbest things I ever heard, you don't know nothing about it. So don't even try to judge it. Tibia's not about ruling a server, but it often happens that people take power and make a whole server live in chaos.

A tile system can be transferred to 3D, but it wouldn't be quite as functional as it is in 2d. Plus it's not only the tile system.

Flaming? May I remind you that it was you who started to post in an agressive manner? Its very well possible to have a discussion with me, however you can't, because you a blind fanboi. Yes sir, a person who makes post "this [insert game] is the best mmorpg" and is completely ignoring the flaws is a FANBOI.

Where did I start in an agressive manner? I just said it was very naive to judge a game like you did, but we know who's judging it, so I think a lot of people are not taking you very serious, including me, anymore.

Those features aren't diffrent. I have asked you to name features a number of times, yet you IGNORED that because you know that everything Tibia offers is also avaible in other games. I won't go tell you to get a life, because I won't sink to your standards.

They're different, I've told you to look at my thread numerous times, I didn't ignore you. And who are you stating about me that I know that Tibia's features are findable in other games. I know they are, but not quite as special as in Tibia.

I already said that the players make the game, and believe me, Tibia's got that like no other game. And it's probably the most important feature in the game.

I will tell you to get a life, because you really need to get a life if you're just on these forums to bash other people. Just trying to help you. Go out some more, get some friends, hang out with them.

Ofcourse, if you act towards them like you're acting towards me, we both know it's not going to happen and probably the reason why you're doing this.

And believe me, I'm miles above you, miles.

Everything Tibia offers is avaible in other MMORPG's. those that say otherwise need to actually PLAY other MMORPG's.

It's not, I've played other MMORPG's, I even stated it in my previous post. Every feature is different in another game, so your point makes no sense at all.

dude, thats exactly what happens in Tibia. you move to a mob, hit its name in the combat list and then you pray that you don't get KS'That's definitely not what happens, Tibia is one of the few MMORPG's where it actually requires skill and tactics, as stated before, to take down the monsters. You have probably not passed the lower leveled monsters yet, no blaming you, you're too stubborn to go on.

Your being ignorant, because its FACT that every feature Tibia offers can be found in other MMORPG's. I asked you to name those features so I can show you other games that offer the exact same features, yet you keep avoiding it because you know the truth. move on little fanboi.

Yeah, look at my thread, and see it's not biased at all. It's just explaining the basic stuff about Tibia.

No need in naming features from other games, because I know what you can find in other games, it's different.

You won't believe me anyways, keep on dreaming my friend.

You probably think Grand Theft Auto's the best game on the gaming market.

EVERYTHING THAT TIBIA OFFERS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN OTHER GAMES.

Just understand that this game is not all about scripts and graphics.

You keep coming up with features, I really couldn't care less about them.

Tibia is special and is a game like no other, not because you can kill monsters, not because you can gain levels, not because you can rule servers.

It's because this game is so interactive, because it has so many freedom, because it's all about befriending people and having a good time.

Read the thread for heavens sake.

Keep your utmost childish behaviour coming young man.

Sigh...

There really is no coming into you, and you're calling me a fanboy.

You're really making a fool out of yourself here, Gameloading.

because you are a fanboy, and anybody who reads your post can see that, except for you.

You keep saying the same things over and over again, and they don't make sense at all.

If you want features, look at my "Why Tibia is the best MMORPG" thread, already said it.

As you wish, I shall go to your "Why tibia is the best MMORPG" thread and point out that Tibia is nothing special.

pick out of a few hundred different houses or castles and so much more which has nothing to do with ruling a gameworld.

You came up with the flying castle, my friend, not me.

Because unlike you, I actually have a clue what I'm talking about. Every player in Tibia can purchase a house if s/he has enough money. In ArchLord, only the ArchLord can claim a flying castle

Lol, that was one of the dumbest things I ever heard, you don't know nothing about it. So don't even try to judge it. Tibia's not about ruling a server, but it often happens that people take power and make a whole server live in chaos.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about, your just in denial.

A tile system can be transferred to 3D, but it wouldn't be quite as functional as it is in 2d. Plus it's not only the tile system.

It can be just as functional as in 2D, in fact, it will be even more functional as you can look rotate the camera to fit to your liking. and it is only thing because everything else in Tibia has been done in other games.

Where did I start in an agressive manner? I just said it was very naive to judge a game like you did, but we know who's judging it, so I think a lot of people are not taking you very serious, including me, anymore.

I'm just going to leave you in your own delusion here, go read back on your post if you want to know

They're different, I've told you to look at my thread numerous times, I didn't ignore you. And who are you stating about me that I know that Tibia's features are findable in other games. I know they are, but not quite as special as in Tibia.

I already said that the players make the game, and believe me, Tibia's got that like no other game. And it's probably the most important feature in the game.

I will tell you to get a life, because you really need to get a life if you're just on these forums to bash other people. Just trying to help you. Go out some more, get some friends, hang out with them.

Ofcourse, if you act towards them like you're acting towards me, we both know it's not going to happen and probably the reason why you're doing this.

And believe me, I'm miles above you, miles.

I'm not bashing other people unless they post in an agressive manner. Players make the game even more in games like Lineage 2 and EVE online, because the player is given much more OPTIONS to influence the server, unlike Tibia. You seem to think that slapping an open pvp system on it automaticly makes it more player influenced then other games, which is downright wrong. I have a very social life, a job, a good college education, plenty of friends and I know what the sun looks like, thank you for telling to help me by saying "omg, get a life!!111!!". you'll fit right in with the immature crowd of Tibia. just for that comment, you prove that your not miles above me, but go ahead keep dreaming.

It's not, I've played other MMORPG's, I even stated it in my previous post. Every feature is different in another game, so your point makes no sense at all.

wrong, its not diffrent in diffrent game

dude, thats exactly what happens in Tibia. you move to a mob, hit its name in the combat list and then you pray that you don't get KS'That's definitely not what happens, Tibia is one of the few MMORPG's where it actually requires skill and tactics, as stated before, to take down the monsters. You have probably not passed the lower leveled monsters yet, no blaming you, you're too stubborn to go on.

Actually I did. As a knight, you simply select a monster, click its name in the combat list and pray you don't get KS'd, gets tiresome very easily. if you want tactics, go try Granado Espada or EVE Online, and PLAY them, and by that I don't mean just the first few days.

Yeah, look at my thread, and see it's not biased at all. It's just explaining the basic stuff about Tibia.

No need in naming features from other games, because I know what you can find in other games, it's different.

You won't believe me anyways, keep on dreaming my friend.

You probably think Grand Theft Auto's the best game on the gaming market.

yes, stating "Tibia is the best mmorpg of them all" and "Nothing comes close to it" are really signs of unbias [/sarcasm]. Also I don't think Grand Theft Auto is the best game on the gaming market, sorry that I ruined your "Omgz, he dusn't like Tibia so he liek must play gamez liek GTA lololl!!!!!111". I put it in kiddie 1337 language so you will be able to understand it a little better, since that is the primary language your used to in Tibia.

EVERYTHING THAT TIBIA OFFERS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN OTHER GAMES.

It is, fact

Just understand that this game is not all about scripts and graphics.

You keep coming up with features, I really couldn't care less about them.

I didn't come up with features, I pointed out that Tibia is nothing special

Tibia is special and is a game like no other, not because you can kill monsters, not because you can gain levels, not because you can rule servers.

Thats odd, because you have been claiming that this is the main selling point

It's because this game is so interactive, because it has so many freedom, because it's all about befriending people and having a good time.

yes because all other MMORPG's are single player games where nobody ever makes any friends [/sarcasm]

Read the thread for heavens sake.

I did, and all I see is a fanboi

Keep your utmost childish behaviour coming young man.

Fanboism and blind ignorance are signs of immaturity, so I recommend YOU stop the childish behaviour. in fact, you don't have any choice, because this will be my one of my two last posts in this section (the other one will be proving that Tibia is nothing special in the other thread) because arguing with a blind fanboi is tiresome. and I'm about the only one who visited this section, aside from the few people that make one or two posts in here and never look back, and you ofcourse. No doubt you will come up with another poorly thought out response, telling everyone how wrong I am and that Tibia is completely unique, throwing in a few insults, and afterwards you get a feeling "hah! I sure showed him!"
  • TroadaTroada Member Posts: 76

I havn't played tibia for a quite some time now, but I remember it as being pretty sweet. That was the game that introduced me to MMORPGS. The graphics are a little naff, and there's no sound but if you can look beyond that, there is actually quite a good game.

What made that game great was the death penalty. It was extremely harsh. Unless you spent alot of money on a special amulet, you would lose everything you were carrying, an 10% to drop any piece of armor. Not to mention, aa high level player, you would lose litterally weeks of training skills and experience.

"WTF THAT SUX" you must be thinking. But that is what made the game great. People really were scared of death, and this could be manipulated. As with most servers, it had FFA PvP, so mafia style guilds would develop. On my server, they set a "Minimum Price" on all major items, if anyone sold items for less than these pirces they would become "Hunted." Pretty good for the economy. They even guarded key hunting areas and charged people to go in. And of course, clan wars became ever so meaningfull as there was such a high price from death.

But the death penalty wasn't always somthing to be manipulated. You and a group of friends went hunting somewhere dangerous, you really had to trust eachother, one mistake and you could have costed yourself days and days of work. Friendships became strong.

My final point is hard to describe in 1 or 2 words. But basically, in tibia, unless the mob is upstairs, in a locked room or across a river or somthing, if it is aggressive towards you, which in most cases they were, it would attack you. Infact, sometimes before you could see it. For example your walking through an empty cave at the end in a monster that can kill you in 2 hits, but you don't know it is there. You will not know its there untill it is running towards you, and it will not leave you alone untill you rope out of the cave or get really far away from it.

For me this point was great. There was no, ''Oh look, theres a dragon, ok, you stand here, i stand there, and you go and pull it to here'' You saw it, you had to think fast and kill it before it killed you, which of course had severe penalities.

This point made kiting REALLY skillful. As a paladin, I used to kite really powerful melee fighters, capable of killing me in one hit. It could take 2-3 mins of shooting to take them down. In this time you had to make sure nothing else attacked you, and in an area FULL of dangerous monsters this required alot of whit and tactic. Other monsters would begin chasing you and attacking you before they were on your screen, so you really needed to learn the spawns.

Anyway, I've dragged on for quite some time, I wouldn't recomend Tibia to todays mmorpg fans, but in its day it was really quite a good game. If the building up of strong friendships in a 100% explorable dangerous world with no instances etc appeals to you, by all means try it out. JUST DONT JUDGE THE GAME TILL YOU GET OUT OF NOOB ISLAND