Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talk about this MMROPG

CorrupterCorrupter Member Posts: 1
THis RPG is 2D but u get lots of fun, it have lots of jogability and community is great!!

And it have only 10Mbs size!!!

Comments

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Corrupter
    THis RPG is 2D but u get lots of fun, it have lots of jogability and community is great!!

And it have only 10Mbs size!!!

"Jogability"? Wtf?

"lots of fun" If you think endless pointless grinding is fun.

"community is great!!" No...scammers, griefers, dick heads, little kids...just, no.

• ChrillchenChrillchen Member Posts: 22

This game has too much bad things so it will take about 2 weeks to write em all down so ill just say...

Combatdoesntexist,no sound,just evil persons,endless grinding and my last thing to say is that Adventure Quest is even better...I

Even if u where spozd to get 1000liter of duffbeer and around 10´000 choclate munks so shudent Homer try it!

DaoC-43 Ranger-Excalibur
    WoW-43 Paladin-Twilights Hammer

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419
    it is fun to go on mass pking sprees.  the messages you get are hilarious.

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

• david62277david62277 Member Posts: 1

I started Tibia a while back.  I got to level 80 on one of my characters, so I know what I am talking about here.

Tibia used to be a great game, but now it just plain sucks.  The past few updates (and they only do two per year) have completely hosed the game.  Also, as the game "grows" (it hasn't really grown that much, but Cip keeps putting in servers for some reason or other) there are less and less GMs and customer support (I wouldn't call what they do support) to go around.

1. They forced a new system on EVERYONE called the Skull System.  Basically, if you attack or kill someone you get a nice little skull over your shoulder (very realistic huh?) that makes you a target for anyone to kill.  Having a skull means you are a "justified" kill to anyone who wants to kill you.  This system basically protects cheaters, scammers, thieves, etc... as long as they don't have a skull you can't touch them unless you want to become a target yourself.  So, you are punished for doing what used to be considered right.

2. Instead of implementing a system like gameguard they change the game on all players to try to eliminate cheaters.  All they really manage to do is hurt the non cheating population because the cheaters find ways around their flawed in game systems.

3. There are now 70 or 72 game worlds, and only a handful of Gamemasters to do the job.  There are worlds where you litterally never see a GM on.  If you do happen to catch a GM you will be lucky to have them help you... they are always too busy.

4. Cipsoft's customer support just plain sucks.  If you email them with a problem expect an auto generated response.  If you ever do get a real person to respond to you expect it to be short and have no information you were seaking.

I could go on and on and on.

Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this game.

• This game changed alot
  • KermsKerms Member Posts: 40
    This game used to be really fun.  There used to be alot more fear and adrenaline while hunting and exploring was always so fun since there were so many mysteries in this game, but now its ruined. Fast forward to 2006 the game is much simpler, botters everywhere, and anything that took actual skill was taken out.
  • cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148

Whatever you guys say, this is one of the greatest MMORPGs of all time.

Yes, graphics are outdated and there is no sound, but you cannot beat the game play and the fun factor.

The bad thing about this game is that the death penalty is too high and also there are not enough weaponry for Paladins. Only the freaking Crossbow. Just 1 weapon for the entire game? :(

That is why I quit the game after getting level 91 on my Paladin.

• StraykoStrayko Member Posts: 56

I agree that Tibia was much better a few years ago. Even with the skull system, it was great. The skull system was a very good addition to Tibia, in my opinion.

But nowadays, the people playing Tibia are all polish and god knoes where they can't speak proper English.

There are only a few decent English speaking people left on every server. I can say that Tibia still is a fun game, because of the much possibilities there are. And if you manage to find the group on the server who actually speak English, you can have a lot of fun.

To cut a long story short, Tibia is becoming worse every day. I don't know how it will be a few years from now. But you could give it a try, since you can have a really good experience when you do manage to find the group who speak fluently English!

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by Strayko
    I agree
    that Tibia was much better a few years ago. Even with the skull system,
    it was great. The skull system was a very good addition to Tibia, in my
    opinion. But nowadays, the people playing Tibia are all polish and god knoes where they can't speak proper English. There
    are only a few decent English speaking people left on every server. I
    can say that Tibia still is a fun game, because of the much
    possibilities there are. And if you manage to find the group on the
    server who actually speak English, you can have a lot of fun. To
    cut a long story short, Tibia is becoming worse every day. I don't know
    how it will be a few years from now. But you could give it a try, since
    you can have a really good experience when you do manage to find the
    group who speak fluently English!

there is a surprising amount of brazilians that play from what i remember.

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

• VawusVawus Member Posts: 6
    Yea there is alot of br kids that play it and it makes this game more difficult to enjoy, but I do enjoy it simply because of the small CPU required to run it, and also the simplicity of the interface makes it easier to identify and become comfortable with your surrondings. The death penalty is way too harsh, but its better than most games because there is no max skill or level cap, so you can play anyway u want. It's a great game for solo players, or people that want to hunt hard monsters with friends. Only drawback is difficulty to generate money to afford runes to hunt and dependibility on monster drops, if you have a bad demon hunt you may be trying to recover the money you invested for those few hours for the next few months. All in all I think its an 8/10.
  • sacred_bandsacred_band Member Posts: 104

"it is fun to go on mass pking sprees.  the messages you get are hilarious. "

Yeah same here if you really want to have fun; a bunch of friends on level 20 characters all do the 10k quest and spend it on runes, go hunting level 30-60s for loot,

the exp loss at that level will send them into a broken english fury complete with death threats or explaining to you that theyre an undercover GM and if you dont give their stuff back theyll explode your pc.

• vacoyvacoy Member Posts: 7
    I've played tibia for 4 years still I think it's cool.

I was premium for a half year kinda cool^^ I'm retired now but I come online every week to see what happend to my friends and that stuff.

But you guys forget this the chat chanals are yust great! I've never seen something like this on another game you can talk to 5 friends at a time without whisper to him

then to him etc. Also have you ever seen something that has been such a chalange?

become hy level in tibia takes like 3 years, now that's what I call hard. (I think I hy level is level 100) it's yust so simple and so hard at the same time that is wat makes the gamplay so good.

Ok it doesn't have music ore sound, but you don't need it.

Tibia is almost 10 years old, has been 2D al over the time and still one of the best MMORPG's online, you have to admid that that is realy good.

Greets Vacoy
  • I agree that the language barrier is this games' greatest problem. Originally it was multilingual german/english. Now it is a different story. Polish, Spanish, and Portugese are all widly spoken. With more and more people coming into the game knowing only their native language it is becoming a challenge to find someone in the game that you can interact with.
  • WaldyWaldy Member Posts: 1

Tibia is the greatest of all MMORPG games. Even tho the polish mostly ruin the game experiance.

- Waldy

• s0ck3ns0ck3n Member Posts: 3
    Ive been playing this game for about 3 and a half years now, and basically I like it, I never really liked a game just for its graphics

What does piss me off though is all the brazilian and polish people, honestly I wonder how they could even create an account, after all that requires some basic english skills.

Its so fucking annoying if you just chill for a second and some random jackass with a yellow-blue-green or white-red outfit comes along and goes "PL???" or "BR???", then you reply saying "I am not br/pl.", but unfortunately the only part of that sentence they understand is the "br/pl", so they start spamming you in polish and portuguese and expect you to understand, if you dont, they use their pathetically small brains to make up insults, mostl containing random portguese/polish words and the word "fuck."

Many also like to insult your families, i.e. by calling your "mather a beach", which is probably supposed to mean that your moms a bitch

But after a while if you find some friends the game can be fun... to some extent
  • Lol yep.... Thank god they banned having the BR and PL in your name.

5 minutes ago:

Paro on Neptera: fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff Paro on Neptera:  br? Paro on Neptera: ajuda Paro on Neptera: men Paro on Neptera: tp Paro on Neptera: men Paro on Neptera: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000000000000000000000PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFUck  Paro on Neptera: MEN Paro on Neptera: PLX Paro on Neptera: AJUDA TP Paro on Neptera: HUNTED NOOB TP Paro on Neptera: PARA GRINGO

How is having an 11 year old kid in armor that looks like a rainbow tracksuit yelling at you in broken english then killing you for being white in real life not fun?

Seriously though as bad as Tibias "BR" situation is, the free pvp once you get a reasonable level beats WoW and EQ etc 3d mmos big time, ive not found an mmo where you can globally strategize with your guild like in tibia, its so simple due to its lack of help features and noob protection and zoning that every server has its own complex political situation, in mmos ive become convinced less is more. Give people pvp anywhere, a 10% total exp penalty, unlimited levels, and heap of grass, and by the end of the day youll all love/hate eachother and be addicted. Something that just doesnt happen in guild wars or WoW, if you manage to even see the same person twice in your career.

And believe it or not, there is one cool thing about having only 1% of the community possess literacy and ultra severe death penalties. You actually get to know those people on first name basis and depend on eachother for your life so the non-english speaking random murderer hordes become just another quest to survive.

• BaarmanBaarman Member Posts: 3

There was a time when this game uased to be real fun, as many of u say.   ~6yeas ago maybe, but it's still a fun game.  

When i started as a real noob it was only one server and like max 400 players online or so, those where the days. I wasen't a good player back than but i had alot more fun.

But ok, the skull system, the Anti-lure thing,the rene-delay, the new auto-aiming thing destroyed this game, i whish they chould take all that back. But I play inferna now becouse there is no skull-system there.

Now this game is becomed more and more about how many houers u spend hunting, the real gaming skills are becoming less and less inportend, that's alitle sad tho. 

Players who are new to this game might get boored after a day or so, u have to give it a chanse to start to like it. Give it to like level 30 atlest before u deside to hate it. And it's Free to try. Might not be easy in the start, becouse u might get killed and  lured by other players, but when u get better u will just laugh at it all.

But ok, the grafic isen't the best, but the community (If u'r on a good server) might be great, And there is no sound? why whould thre be, listen to music ffs. I uase to cut of the sound efects on moste games anyway.

Once, Like 4 years ago or so, i meet a real noob, be was standing with low health, just outside a city waiting to get killed. I got some fish for him and we started talking .It turned out he was good at english and we understood eachother. He told me he had played some other mmo and reatched the max level. So he got boored or something like that. Than i desided to take him under my arm's, making him my apprentice. He died alot in the begining and said he was going to quit every now and than. I wanted him to say, and he got good at this game, got alot higher than me, (I could not play so much tho.) anyway, now hes like level 120or so fighting for the alliance on antica. And i don't play that server anymore coz of an e-mail adress i once lost.

I still paly, maybe not that much but it's a nice little game.  

// Baarman

• chicchanchicchan Member Posts: 1
    it´s uterly disguting  to read such racist comments.

I mean, in which country these fucking ignorant and stupid people live?

no respect to other cultures at all

and they claim to be more literate

english is a much more for-dummy language than portuguese, polish or spanish.

you are the ones who should be ashamed for not being able to understand different languages.

more than that: your understanding about human life is far limited. what difference does it make if the guy lives in one part of the planet or another? we are all human beings and as long as such stupid mentality exists we will see big loads of money being spent in crap like weapons of mass destruction.

u r all fuckin 'Life n00bs'
  • Osiris9Osiris9 Member Posts: 11
    I think this is a great one game!

If u see it first time i will bet you say: omg this is AWFUL.

But after playing to lvl 10-15 u will enjoy it alot, it has great commucity, graphic is going to better and better.

I played Tibia first time maybe 2 years ago, and it has grown alot.

To starters its great indeed

-------------------------------------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Originally posted by chicchan

it´s uterly disguting  to read such racist comments.

I mean, in which country these fucking ignorant and stupid people live?

no respect to other cultures at all

and they claim to be more literate

english is a much more for-dummy language than portuguese, polish or spanish.

you are the ones who should be ashamed for not being able to understand different languages.

more than that: your understanding about human life is far limited. what difference does it make if the guy lives in one part of the planet or another? we are all human beings and as long as such stupid mentality exists we will see big loads of money being spent in crap like weapons of mass destruction.

u r all fuckin 'Life n00bs'
    Thanks for living up to every stereotype anyone has stated here, rude broken english speaker calling people "n00bs". At long last, Tibia culture hits the shores of mmorpg.com.
  • frostikittifrostikitti Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for living up to every stereotype anyone has stated here, rude broken english speaker calling people "n00bs". At long last, Tibia culture hits the shores of mmorpg.com.
    Actually, I think that person is right. They spoke better english than many of the people here who live in a largely english speaking country. Most of the comments here are very racist. I know plenty of people on tibia who don't speak very good english, but they're good people. Maybe the reason these people are insulting you is because of how you treat them, because I've rarely been mistreated by anyone but other white and/or english speaking people.

What I'm trying to say is that there are good and bad people in the world; Don't judge them based on how they look, what they speak, where they come from, or what they believe. After all, for all the intelligence you claim to have, the comments you are leaving are making you look just as stupid as your descriptions of them.
  • TrueK1llTrueK1ll Member Posts: 3

Tibia is really cool! PvP servers are better, no skull system, and you have to earn respect, if you just cave bot all the time, chances are, soon as you hit the surface to stash your money in the bank, your going to get PK'd and not play the game again for a year.

There are a hell of alot of Polish people playing now, but if you can find a few good english people though you can have a really good time.

• StraykoStrayko Member Posts: 56
    Truly... a wonderful game, but nowadays it's full of people who can only speak very little or any English at all.

I thinkt hat's a serious issue in this game and it's also the reason why I quit this game. It's been a good 4 years with you.

And to all the people... don't judge a book by it's cover, this game has so much more to it than any other game.

• AeonorisAeonoris Member Posts: 6
    I agree with the previous poster (double points!), with the addition that it was also certain updates to the game that ruined it.  Bleh.

Just A Thought...