Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Media Investigation

RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXPosts: 4,427Member Rare

At first, I thought this was all just a big joke. However, I decided to give one of my friends a call and asked him what he thought. He works for a local news investigative team in Minnesota and so I asked him if he'd be interested in a possible story. After explaining to him about certain activities on the internet as well as other illegal activities being performed by corporations in the online gaming industry, he said he would bring it up to his team lead.

Granted, it's the weekend, but I should get a call back from him early next week on whether or not they will start any investigation. So far, I've faxed him documentation on Colton Burgess and LAS, ranging from personal threats/attacks to his boasted chatroom discussion on NeverwinPoker.com. I don't have any personal contact information on people involved at the moment, such as members of this community or other websites, but I can aquire that over the next couple of days.

I'm sorry Colton, if you feel I'm taking this a little too far, but your actions have warranted such. However, don't feel like I'm singling you out because I'm not. I've brought other companies into this investigation simply because it's getting out of hand. I'm not doing this because you may or may not have earned money illegally. I'm reporting you simply on the grounds of what you've said or threatened to do.

The days of the Mafia are over and scare tactics won't work on me, trust me. If being in the military has taught me anything, it's to never back down and always fight for those who can't fight for themselves. So, on behalf of the gaming community and other people like myself, I'm going to expose you and your company for anything even remotely close to illegal. I'm tired of your behavior and from one business owner to another, your ethics on customer relations sucks.

Enjoy...

Comments

• XyangXyang Montreal, QCPosts: 216Member

Awesome! <Round of applause>

Another warrior of the gaming!

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

• RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXPosts: 4,427Member Rare

The funny thing is, I look at Colton's posts and his thread over at NeverwinPoker.com and I have no idea how he ever started a company. No matter, he claims the IRS won't find anything and all he'll get is an audit, but when you come to a gaming community website and say the things he's said, what do you expect. Personally, if he doesn't want any grief, maybe he shouldn't act the way he does in a public domain.

I'm so steamed at the moment, I'm debating whether or not I will fund the media investigation, just so he gets some much needed lime light. At the very least, you won't see him working in the gaming industry any more. By the way, he's just one of the people involved, cause I have a slew of names from other companies I'm bringing to the lime light as well, specifically people associated with Dark and Light and that whole mess.

• ZerocydeZerocyde Hell, WAPosts: 412Member Uncommon
    Colton's as retarded as they come. Good luck on your little investigation, hope it goes well. He's the kind of guy that if you hit him with your car, you just keep on drivin. He's such a non-factor that I doubt anyone would give a shit when he started whining about it.

EDIT: Hah, now I remember what he reminds me of. He's just like one of them little tiny chihuahua type dogs that still barks at you like its badass. Ya know, the ones with necks you could snap with one hand, but they still bark like your gonna be scared or something? Haha, thats ol' Colton.

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

• mrbelethmrbeleth Duluth, GAPosts: 32Member

So what if this guy earned money illegally? It may be the only way he pays his bills.

Honestly, I've checked out the website for the game and it didn't do anything for me. It looks/sounds like a steaming pile of dog refuse. How many times have they changed the name? There really isn't anything they're planning to do that someone else isn't already doing (and likely better than they can).

Naturally, if he's being an asshole about it all, by all means - give him what he deserves...well, if he actuallly deserves it.

As I stated, I know nothing about his company's financial earnings. The only reason he's being included in the investigation is his threats and accusations. He has threatened and harassed members of this community as well as other folks outside this community. This is what he's initially being investigated for and as for illegal company earnings, I don't know, but we'll soon find out, now won't we?

• paadepaade londonPosts: 471Member
    keep us posted on how its going
  • MaphusioMaphusio Gig Harbor, Wa, WAPosts: 104Member
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

At first, I thought this was all just a big joke. However, I decided to give one of my friends a call and asked him what he thought. He works for a local news investigative team in Minnesota and so I asked him if he'd be interested in a possible story. After explaining to him about certain activities on the internet as well as other illegal activities being performed by corporations in the online gaming industry, he said he would bring it up to his team lead.
    Granted, it's the weekend, but I should get a call back from him early next week on whether or not they will start any investigation. So far, I've faxed him documentation on Colton Burgess and LAS, ranging from personal threats/attacks to his boasted chatroom discussion on NeverwinPoker.com. I don't have any personal contact information on people involved at the moment, such as members of this community or other websites, but I can aquire that over the next couple of days.
    I'm sorry Colton, if you feel I'm taking this a little too far, but your actions have warranted such. However, don't feel like I'm singling you out because I'm not. I've brought other companies into this investigation simply because it's getting out of hand. I'm not doing this because you may or may not have earned money illegally. I'm reporting you simply on the grounds of what you've said or threatened to do.
    The days of the Mafia are over and scare tactics won't work on me, trust me. If being in the military has taught me anything, it's to never back down and always fight for those who can't fight for themselves. So, on behalf of the gaming community and other people like myself, I'm going to expose you and your company for anything even remotely close to illegal. I'm tired of your behavior and from one business owner to another, your ethics on customer relations sucks.
    Enjoy...
    Here is the info I compiled on Colton and posted on the ToC forums

http://www.krelslibrary.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7

You might want to note the legal threats to krelslibrary as well.

Say, If your friend wants to add an open and shut case to his story... Talk, Interplay. Ol' Herve shut Iplay down and refused to pay 70 employees AFTER he fed us horse shit like Fallout Tactics and Fallout for the PS2.

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"

Originally posted by Maphusio

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Enjoy...
    Here is the info I compiled on Colton and posted on the ToC forums

http://www.krelslibrary.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7

You might want to note the legal threats to krelslibrary as well.

Say, If your friend wants to add an open and shut case to his story... Talk, Interplay. Ol' Herve shut Iplay down and refused to pay 70 employees AFTER he fed us horse shit like Fallout Tactics and Fallout for the PS2.

Thanks, I'll send this as well as the Krelslibrary website. I looked that over and since he can't prove it's what Colton wrote, it would be hard to back it up aside from personal testimony. Hopefully we can get enough info with whats been going on in some of the gaming companies to clean up the current state of the industry. Look at China, they've basically slammed the door on MMO's. I'm not saying America would go that far, but I don't think they want corporations taking advantage of our children with misleading and uncertain product descriptions, not to mention charging customers for canceling accounts or inactive accounts. It's just unreal how ridiculous these companies have become by treading the thin line between lawful and criminalistic activities.

• kimjongilkimjongil PyongyangPosts: 4Member
    it's colton, pm'ed Rhoklaw with confirmation
  • EnigmaEnigma Lancaster, PAPosts: 12,184Member
    so was it really him?

If thats the case  you should email the link to the "buyer" of Thrones of Chaos. 

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.