Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: Press Event Revelations

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com is pleased to present the newest episode of Game/On, our official podcast this time coming from the EAMythic Studios in Fairfax, Virginia as Nick Corea from Ultima Online fills us in on some very interesting news for that game:

Game/On co-hosts Garrett Fuller and Jon Wood were recently in Fairfax Virgina for an EA Mythic Press Event that covered Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online and Ultima Online. On today's episode Jon and Garrett caught up with Nick Corea, the Lead Designer for Ultima, to talk about their freshly announced free graphical upgrade as well as an upcoming expansion.

You can listen to the podcast here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203

Well I had hopes for a old server to be released will the old skill and stat rules but he basically said no without saying it. I hate to see a good game get destroyed by ridiculous expansions but that's the way they're going so I don't see no hope for me in the future for the old UO return. Thanks for the interview though.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    yeah, apparently they are saying "if you want fel-only style gameplay, play siege"
  • leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559
    Originally posted by kishe

yeah, apparently they are saying "if you want fel-only style gameplay, play siege"

Siege had quite few blessed items and that personal bless deed last time I checked. On top of it had several other issues that dev was just ignoring, but in a way I can understand why because its so small shard. Still UO wount come back for me.
  • player321player321 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Hives

Well I had hopes for a old server to be released will the old skill and stat rules but he basically said no without saying it. I hate to see a good game get destroyed by ridiculous expansions but that's the way they're going so I don't see no hope for me in the future for the old UO return. Thanks for the interview though.

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    Like Wilki once said, that those that want an old style server, could not even make up their mind to what they want from it. Everyone had their own ideas what a classic server should have for a rule set. Siege and Mugen are thr closest that one gets to an old style server and I think they are even thinking about changing a few things on those servers, but that is just a rumor prolly.

I am so looking forward to UO:KR and the AddOn Stygian Abyss. Its going to be great fun. Can't wait.

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• avienthasavienthas Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Sounds sweet, but not enough to draw me back.

"Go to Siege Perilous" is by the way indeed getting old. "Go play with the rest of them on the freeshards" would have been more honest and to the point.

I´ll rather go play EVE...but I do wish UO to live forever....maybe after 10 more expansions it will reach a state that appeals to me