Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you were sent hatemail regarding ToC, post here...

ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

If you were sent insulting e-mails regarding your views of ToC, and you still have the e-mails, please post the dates of the e-mails as well as the username of the person who sent them here. I'll start us out:

10/09/06--- Identity51   < This was the day I opened "the unofficial "We hate Mourning/Thrones of Chaos" thread.

I already posted his messages here:Identity51 spam when I got 'em.

12'03/06-- titanicbbb67  < This was the day the ToCspambot launched 5 month old "update" here.

1st message: "I was browsing the Thrones of Chaos forums here and I see you made plenty of posts there degrading something you have absolutely no clue about.

When they publically announce who they signed with I am going to have fun rubbing it in your face.

Remember when it happens smart guy. Should teach people like you a really good lesson.  ;]"

2nd message: "I'll be back for you in the  future after they get a press release out.  hope you love crow  ;]"

Comments

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219
    12/03/06 ------------ [email protected] ---------- "you're a clueless clown" and "A registered company!!!"
    12/10/06 among other dates---------

[email protected] "News" 5-15 times, I didn't asked for.

Confromed list:
    QVOM
    ORLY
    identity51
    titanicbbb67
    Iltorque
    I think there was someone named "JoshPhil"

Spammers:
    ToCNewsBot
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

A site that is questioning the realistic progress and quality of the ToC engine is now recieving some of spam. Read it here- http://porcelainthrones.blogspot.com/. Same type of comments and phrases that loudantsoft and Iltorque use to insult people.

Also, look at the profiles of Iltorque and "ToCNewsBot" share the same characteristics. Both "Female", have similar ages, and location formats. 

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Thanks, Shrubber. The Iltorque/ToCNewsBot thing got overlooked by me. I'll go check out that site you linked.

Edit: it's nice that the people reading and posting on the blog saw right through the ToC "supporters".

And I'd almost forgot about LAS's ad on Craigslist. LAS  swears it  was posted by someone else, but I've yet to see any statement from Craigslist announcing that it was indeed a fraudulant post. I've heard that there was supposed to be an investigation, but nothing after that. And personally, I don't think they ever will find proof of that, because I don't think it happened. I think LAS got caught looking, well, like they always look; and had to think of something quick to get the ad taken down. Of course, if it has been resolved through the investigation by Craigslist that it was indeed a fraudulant posting, and LAS has this in writing, they are more than welcome to post it here, to put that issue to rest.

It's also nice that the blog was quick to get screenshots of the Wiki and developer boards before they were remoived by LAS. Good reading materialimage

• OculitusOculitus Member Posts: 203

I got this pm from indentity51 the same day I posted on the hype page:

On Oct 9, 2006 Oculitus wrote:
    Highly doubt this will ever see the light of day, which isn't an entirely bad thing.

O really????

"We currently have a team of around twenty professional developers," Burgess explained. "Some are working remotely within the USA, most are on location here in Portland."

MMORPG.com was provided with resumes of each of the developers to confirm this.

"We currently have a team of around twenty professional developers," Burgess explained. "Some are working remotely within the USA, most are on location here in Portland."

Get your free @mmorpg.com e-mail address today! http://www.mmorpg.com

And yes the original message has that same quote repeated over and over.  So there ya go.

• BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356

i got a few pms from several usernames but i deleted most of them because they were so retarded and insulting. the last few i got were from Iltorque. the really nasty ones i deleted and told them i would report them for threating messages.

here is one.........

Sent by: Itorque

Title: I love you even if you are a moron...

haha keep telling yourself that. The graphics engine looks just as good (or even better) as any other new mmorpg coming out and that includes anything from Vanguard to Age of conan to Warhammer. in fact warhammer graphics look like a low resolution copy of WoW.

Check this out on the Age of Conan board-

http://forums.ageofconan.com/search.php?searchid=279413 or search "timberline"

All this guy does is make posts about Age of Conan sucking and Thrones of Chaos links. Some on AoC think that he is on "Thrones of Chaos' payroll". This is the same shit the old mourning devs before.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Bitey

i got a few pms from several usernames but i deleted most of them because they were so retarded and insulting. the last few i got were from Iltorque. the really nasty ones i deleted and told them i would report them for threating messages.
    here is one.........
    Sent by: Itorque
    Title: I love you even if you are a moron...

haha keep telling yourself that. The graphics engine looks just as good (or even better) as any other new mmorpg coming out and that includes anything from Vanguard to Age of conan to Warhammer. in fact warhammer graphics look like a low resolution copy of WoW.

Haha, he copied and pasted his comment in the "Why so quiet now" thread. He couldn't even come up with something original to insult you withimage
  • Warlord_XVIIWarlord_XVII Member Posts: 6
    Timberline is not the only one on the conan forum either.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=8040

Another lousy fanboy acting just the same, as if it was the same person.....
    Could this be related to the ToC defender accounts that I've heard so much about? Those who send hatemail to anyone whom dares say a bad word about ToC?

Anyways, I managed to drop ToC's rating by 0.1 when I wrote my hype message earlier, it's only 4.5 now.

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909
    I received a message like 2 days after posting my (negative) hype, i answered it but i never got any answer, it was kind of insulting, and i answered that "i was entitled to my opinion and that hypes are not like testing the game, it's how hyped you feel" but never got any answer... cant remember his name tho, but he said something about me being a "clueless fool" if i remember correctly.
  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    We at the Codemasters forums also received multiple spammers from Thrones of Chaos posting links to the ToC website a while ago. always things like "Archlord got owned, real pvp here: www.thronesofchaos.com"
  • busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    From [email protected]
    Subject no I think your old and outdated..
    Sent 10/23/06 10:23

Who is developing Thrones of chaos?

Thrones of Chaos is being developed by Loud Ant Software LLC based in Portland , Oregon , USA and is composed of a tightly knit group of seasoned professionals who have recently opted to come together and form their own company focused on the MMOG industry. Many have been involved in the gaming industry for years and have held past positions at such organizations as SOE , Blizzard and EA and have been involved in some of the higher profile titles such EverQuestII , Lineage II or World of Warcraft as either coders , artists or designers bringing with them an indispensable wealth of knowledge.

go buy a clue you ignorant monkey..

I am going to laugh my ass off when this game goes into beta and owns ignorant suckers like you.

This was a response to my hype (Hype-Meter) of Thrones of Chaos.
  • MaphusioMaphusio Member Posts: 104
    lol aww you guys get all the fun... Well... all in all this whole ordeal makes you wonder...

...How much cocaine did Colton do?

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING VENTRILO CHAT:
    IP: 66.207.167.32
    PORT: 3793

- WWW.KRELSLIBRARY.ORG -
    "Information is knowledge, knowledge is power!"

• ArtifacTArtifacT Member Posts: 222
    LOL hearing all of this kinda makes me want to post a negative hype right now... seriously i wouldnt trust anything even remotely close to something that has to do with mourining even if its just the name... i dont know why anyone would even dare touch the name again >_>