Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: Want to design a MMORPG?

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

A new startup game company is looking for talented individuals to aid them in the creation of their new "Mafia Wars" based MMORPG title.  The are currently looking to fill the following positions:

• Texture Designer: Skinning/texturizing models to create visually stunning appearances in game.   A strong imaginative mind is very important when applying for this position.
  • "Mafia Geek": Someone who know's everything about the old days of the Mafia and MMORPG's.  A strong imaginative mind is very important when applying for this position.
  • 3D Model Designers
  • Programmers

These positions are volunteer only.  If you are interested please contact [email protected] with a brief resume.  You can also visit their website at http://www.nemesisstudios.com!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• randloxrandlox Member Posts: 1

All these new MMORPG's, this is getting out of hand.

These guys are entering an already extremely tight market.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    I'm sure JJ and the other people there know exactly what they are doing.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• MaximaneMaximane Member CommonPosts: 625

Here here! I don't doubt it in the least. I definitely have my eyes open on this title.

--------------------
    Alex "Maximane" De Line
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -
    [email protected]

• MagpieMagpie Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Admin
    These positions are volunteer only. 

Oooooo, looking for free labour image.  I'm sure there are enough manic MMOPG fans out there that will sell their souls to get into the indestry.  Me, I've got bills to pay image.

Magpie.

There are only 10 types of programmers. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602

Well once we publish our game it would no longer be "free" labor, although I understand.  This is meant to be a learning process for a lot of inspired developers and the first movement in starting their career.

We don't plan to fail, only success is an option.  :)

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

• VassagoVassago Member Posts: 75

I've an idea about this, I hope it fits the thread. 

Why not have a personnel selection system similar to Beta Test Selection where you select around 100 people who are extremely knowledgeable about MMORPG's and have great MMORPG philosophy?  Give them a password to a private forum in this site to discuss the new game and offer advice/feedback on ideas.  That would eliminate idiot posts and keep the information somewhat disclosed(possibly even go so far as to have an NDA.)  You can't deny the fact that the combined knowledgebase of this site could produce some of the best ideas and creative ways to implement them.

Genetics loads the gun; lifestyle pulls the trigger.