Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Jack Emmert Community Q&A #2

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Jack Emmert, the head of Cryptic Studios, returns today for another Community Q&A where it's our MMORPG.com members who ask the questions.

MMORPG.com (Techleo):

What are your impressions of Issue 8? Would you like to see more variety in Mission goal-types than saving hostages, blasting a baddy, or searching for stuff?

Jack Emmert:

Like to? Sure! New mission types take time to design, code, then implement. We're always working on new twists and turns. I7 brought villain players the joy of Mayhem missions while I8 provided heroes with the challenge of Safeguard missions. Each brought some new stuff into play. So rest assured, we'll keep delivering fresh, innovative content.

You can read the whole article here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• thepatriotthepatriot Member UncommonPosts: 284

I think  someone got their wires crossed.  Some of the questions from the XIAH QA got transposed into the Jack Emmert QA.  At least the answers are mostly correct.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Seemed pretty much like any other Jack Emmert interview. 

"What's your plans for the future Jack?" 

"Well, we'd like to do this...and we plan on doing that...nothing is started at the moment...but soon (TM)."

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

Jack Emmert:

while I8 provided heroes with the challenge of Safeguard missions. Each brought some new stuff into play. So rest assured, we’ll keep delivering fresh, innovative content.

Uh huh...  And it only took 2 years to get Mayhems, and almost 3 years to get Safeguards.  ...When people were complaining En-Mass  that there weren't enough varied means of gaining XP right from the start before Issue-1 even went live.  Can't wait for that next batch of innovative content.  

...in  2009 or whenever.

Can't wait for that upcoming Positron Q&A either, he'll avoid all the tough questions as usual and home in on anything having to do with Badges and MAYBE drop some Teaser about Inventions that anyone with a .PIGG viewer already knew 3 months ago.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Mmm... And Jack has stated many many times that he was abit to "green" going in to the City of projects... many things did not get done as they should have. So hopefully things will move along at a brisker pace... after all Cryptic is not Blizzard or Sony... they do not have year and years of computer game producing before they got city of Heroes started.

I have fait in them. Not blind fait but fait.

Ps. How do you justify bashing a dev hining a system with ther fact that players breaking the EULA already knows it... I am confused.? Hate for the sake of hate? Ds.

This have been a good conversation

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

Didnt we post a whole bunch of very game specific questions for you guys to draw from?

Hey way to drill him on Marvel Universe Online there...

Heck you could have asked questions about upcoming stuff everyone knows about like the Invention System...

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by tawess

Ps. How do you justify bashing a dev hining a system with ther fact that players breaking the EULA already knows it... I am confused.? Hate for the sake of hate? Ds.
    Did I mention that screenshots and all stats were posted in full details on the main CoH forums themselves, and no effort was made to remove the thread or the player who posted them?  ...Infact Castle who did all the work, started fielding questions on them.... tough questions about balance that you can't find in one of these hokey puff pieces.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    It is all just marketing anyhow.

This have been a good conversation

• RatslaughRatslaugh Member Posts: 23
    Say what you want about Jack, but I do like Cryptic's attitudes towards not overwhelming their employees, they seem to have fun with this.
  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    just curious... any word yet on villain epics?  i haven't checked the cox site lately.  so if it's there, oops.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• triketrike Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by damian7

just curious... any word yet on villain epics?  i haven't checked the cox site lately.  so if it's there, oops.
    Not as such, no.

I was pretty disappointed in the answer to my question about bases -- reading between the lines, it looks like no added features this year.