Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Six New Realms Open

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

World of Warcraft opens six new realms just before the expansion launch.

We've opened six brand new realms, and with them comes the introduction of a new battlegroup: Emberstorm! These realms are new non-transfer realms and as such The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj are closed and the realms will not be available for Paid Character Moves for six months. We invite new and old players alike to join these realms and begin fresh adventures in Azeroth.

Name Type Timezone Battlegroup
AntonidasPvEPacificEmberstorm
NazgrelPVEEasternEmberstorm
NordrassilPVEPacificEmberstorm
RivendarePVPPacificEmberstorm
ShandrisPVEEasternEmberstorm
TortheldrinPVPEasternEmberstorm

Read more about World of Warcraft here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    hm, the "here" links to www.mmorpg.com

---

• koschkosch Member Posts: 9
    yep you need to fix that link its broked!
  • MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Im not going to race to 70, I dont see the point. You pay to enjoy a game, take in the scenes, why rush?

Its just so sad WoW has such an anti-social community. :(

---

• VinadilVinadil Member Posts: 42

Eh, our guild is already talking about what ELSE we will be doing besides playing WoW next week.  We are looking forward to another launch... in which our particular server was DOWN for the first 3 days of release.

But yea, in all I think the advice to step away from the game and do something else is the best.  Vacation time is over once the servers get more stable.

• Parsifal57Parsifal57 Member Posts: 267
    If the expansion is every bit as bad as I expect it to be i'll be more than eagerly looking forward to some of the new launches in the coming months.

It will be fun to explore the new lands but, with 7 level 60's i doubt that many more than 2 or 3 of then will ever see 70 or anything close to it. I went from being an Avid Blizzard fan to pretty much anti Blizzard over the course of the last two years of broken promises, inept coding and server management and incompetent game management from Blizzard.  I

think it will be good to get away from the game for several months (if not years) i'll probably not ever buy another Blizzard product again however seing as the whole company has hung its hat on WoW that is not likely to be an issue for me or Blizzard.
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by godpuppet

Im not going to race to 70, I dont see the point. You pay to enjoy a game, take in the scenes, why rush?

Well that's what you get when you make a game an item-based grindfest, everyone is out for themselves.
  • Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515

Getting ready for BC, hmmm.

Well, when I play BC, I will be sitting in my new house drinking beer I made with my new Mr. Beer contraption.

It took me a year and a half to hit 60 with one character, so I won't be holding my breath for 70 anytime soon. I'm actually looking forward to starting a new character with one of the new races. That way I can try out shaman AND jewel-crafting. And, you know, have another alt. I'm not addicted. I can stop making alts anytime I want. I just need to try out this class. And profession.

Oh man, now I need to go make up an alt.

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Let's see... I'll be ....

Transfering 3 of my characters to Arygos because Blizz let Draka get so overcrowded we've had to live with 800+ queues ..at least its a free transfer, but a pain in the arse to do.  But that's OK ...because I cancelled my accounts last month... so that I can...

Play DAOC for awhile ....went back in November, been having a great time killing people in the Battlegrounds... working off some of the pent up agression I got from WoW's pvp...

Noticed that Vanguard is in open beta...hmm... why not?  Time for something new.....

Take down the Christmas tree...its starting to stink....

Waiting to hear my son swear next week when he can't get into BC and play cause his server's crashing....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TeranHawkinsTeranHawkins Member Posts: 279
    I'll be hitting 60 tonight with my shaman and pvping to my little hearts content to get my epic 1h warlords axe before BC comes out.  Will also prolly mess around in beta some more until they turn it off LOL.
  • DemonOvrlordDemonOvrlord Member Posts: 69

I'm not buying the Expansion at first but I'll still be logging on just to add to massive queues and lag problems Blizzard still hasn't managed to fix after 2 years.     I look forward to helping make this release every bit as painful as the original release and watching the hordes of people endlessly complain about crashes as though that will make any difference (or has EVER made any difference) to Blizzard.

Eventually I suppose I'll but the expansion but only because WAR isn't scheduled to come out until the end of the year, so I'll have that long to putter around in WoW before I switch games. 

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Originally posted by DemonOvrlord

I'm not buying the Expansion at first but I'll still be logging on just to add to massive queues and lag problems Blizzard still hasn't managed to fix after 2 years.    

I haven't lagged once since this game came out.

• RodzillaRodzilla Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Minsc

Well that's what you get when you make a game an item-based grindfest, everyone is out for themselves.

Amen.

WOW  90% trash talking bnet kids

searching for the next DAoC....

Kay-exile

Interesting, the OP has changed since my last post... One minaute its "what to do before TBC" and now its "new servers yay!" O_o

---

• KazeemiaKazeemia Member Posts: 60
    You should be spending the last week before TBC to contemplate why you want to continue doing mindless raids. Because T3 has become obsolete?
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    Originally posted by Recant

Now, what to call my BE Paladin... ;)

Tinkerbell

• TyphynyTyphyny Member UncommonPosts: 21

I won't be buying TBC and will soon be closing 2 of my 3 WoW accounts. (Leaving the 3rd for my son who is still having fun with it till he leaves when WAR comes out.)

I have recently gone back to playing DAoC.  I need a game with good PvP and DAoC has the best.  I'm having a blast on one of the classic servers and am happy to be back.  So unless WoW does something about it's horrible sub-par PvP I'll be blowing holes in keep walls, ramming keep doors, and storming the keep fighting off the Albs and Mids, RAWR!  Seige equipment FTW! 

Can't wait for WAR to come out.  Looking forward to new kicking RvR in the Warhammer universe :)

My IQ is 145 - Free-IQTest.net - MENSA Test

• RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by Minsc

Pretty much I social but I don't have to be near them to social. Seriously my friends are not right next to me just their chars.

That si what General chat and Guilds are for.

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

• RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by DemonOvrlord

I'm not buying the Expansion at first but I'll still be logging on just to add to massive queues and lag problems Blizzard still hasn't managed to fix after 2 years.     I look forward to helping make this release every bit as painful as the original release and watching the hordes of people endlessly complain about crashes as though that will make any difference (or has EVER made any difference) to Blizzard.
    Eventually I suppose I'll but the expansion but only because WAR isn't scheduled to come out until the end of the year, so I'll have that long to putter around in WoW before I switch games. 

I dullo I played when game came out and sure tok me 5 min to fight 10 to die and another 15 to rez but still... never saw the community more unified ever. We complained but just being there rocked. least this time we have more servers than last time lol.

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.