Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"somethings wrong when EVE would win the best PVE award"

1235»

Comments

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Originally posted by HashBrick

If i defeat a level 60 warrior with my level 56 Paladin does mean I'm a good players, Not that my character is stronger then the warrior. Its the exact same thing.
    I completely misunderstood your point and therfore, should not comment on your post again. Sorry.

Fixed your post for you, buddy.

No you, completely mis-understand the whole mmorpg market. Oh ya and nice way to fix up that post and then cover it up, it orginally said some bullshit that made absolutely no sense. You'd make a damn good president of the United States, dumb as hell and devious to boot.

oh haha, so now I "Mis-understand the whole mmorpg market". Good sir, you didn't understand my point. just accept that. Also, I didn't cover up anything. Nice way of throwing out flames by the way. Do you always do that to try to make your point?

Well then obi-wan please elaborate your all-mighty point, because I can gaurentee you I'll say the same thing I just said not to long ago.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • KaptainZergKaptainZerg Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by coughka
    JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST!!! Does anyone have anything better to do than "flame" or call eachother "noobs" and "trolls?" FUCK!

No, they don't have anything better to do.

These forums are for flame contests, btw, as well as intelligent discussion. Nothing attracts more visitors than a good flame fest and good info in the same spot. Otherwise, we'd all be posting in some Gamespy Planetbullshit forum where they only get one funny joke every two weeks. Here, people say funny things every day, even when they aren't trying.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    Originally posted by LordSlater

Ahh the nooby wow kiddy comes ^
    Care to back up your comment.
    hahaha, good dog, sit! I said sit, damn it boy, I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks 

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

If i defeat a level 60 warrior with my level 56 Paladin does mean I'm a good players, Not that my character is stronger then the warrior. Its the exact same thing.

I completely misunderstood your point and therfore, should not comment on your post again. Sorry.

No you, completely mis-understand the whole mmorpg market. Oh ya and nice way to fix up that post and then cover it up, it orginally said some bullshit that made absolutely no sense. You'd make a damn good president of the United States, dumb as hell and devious to boot.

oh haha, so now I "Mis-understand the whole mmorpg market". Good sir, you didn't understand my point. just accept that. Also, I didn't cover up anything. Nice way of throwing out flames by the way. Do you always do that to try to make your point?

Well then obi-wan please elaborate your all-mighty point, because I can gaurentee you I'll say the same thing I just said not to long ago.

My point was that in terms of numbers, the level 60 would always be stronger then the level 56.  when we compare it to WoW, stats,skills, even talens. in EVE, simply change the stats, skills & talents with skillpoints & shiptype. Yet you suddenly state that it didn't made sense?
  • ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253

EVE Online has 165k players. MMORPG.com has 500k members. WoW has 7 million players

EVE-O official forums make a sticky about MMORPG.com readers awards.

2k EVE players read the news and come here and vote

EVE wins everything

bright and inteligent MMORPG.com forum posters moarn about CCP rigging the results, and find completely normal that out of 500k members, only 5k of them voted on the poll. that is also CCP's fault, of course. and yes, the other 495k accounts are bots made by EVE fanbois to push the rankings.

the fact that WoW forums on this site has 4x as many posts as EVE forums is also a mesure of how annoying EVE fanbois are, always flooding every other game forum with trolling and flaming.

of course, the rankings on this site have only been acurate when WoW was on top of the chart with 8.9 average score. after that year of insightful and completely fair rankings, everything has gone downhill due to EVE fanbois.

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326
    Being a long term EVE player I did NOT vote it for beste PvE. I voted nothing in that category.

But EVE got some good PvE content out there, especially if run missions for the pirate NPC corporations. Though, very few do that either because they do not understand the oppertunity or are too afraid of entering low security systems. There is a possibility to get pirate missions in high security too, but I will not tell here as it shows your understanding of the countless possibillities in the game.

Even courier missions gets more interesting when you are shuttling a pack of homeless people to the meat grinder.

EDIT: Btw. I would never vote WoW's "raid or die" crap as best PvE, never.
  • -Rodriguez--Rodriguez- Member Posts: 151

My point was that in terms of numbers, the level 60 would always be stronger then the level 56.  when we compare it to WoW, stats,skills, even talens. in EVE, simply change the stats, skills & talents with skillpoints & shiptype. Yet you suddenly state that it didn't made sense?
    That was exactly the point!

Your comparison doesnt make sense at all because you cant compare wow levels and equipment with eve skills and ships.

A new eve player can catch up to the skillpoints of a vet in certain categories! Whats so difficult to understand that?
  • LeasaLeasa Member Posts: 449
    Originally posted by -Rodriguez-

Your comparison doesnt make sense at all because you cant compare wow levels and equipment with eve skills and ships.

A new eve player can catch up to the skillpoints of a vet in certain categories! Whats so difficult to understand that?

Rodriguez You might as well talk to a brick wall.  He doesn't get it, does not want to get, refuses to get it. 

Support Bacteria, its the only culture some people have.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Gameloading:

You are comparing apples to a sawmill here.  IE: There is no similarity whatsoever.

A level 60, regardless of equipment, will always be more powerful than a level 56 in WoW.  No matter what you do there is no getting around it.  A level 60 will *always* beat a level 56 in WoW, DAOC, EverQuest, etc. ((insert appropriate levels of course))  Barring a major miracle or utter stupidity on the level 60's part.

In EVE a 3 month old character can, in some areas, catch up to, even surpass, a 3 year old character.  Not in ALL areas because the 3 year old character is much more diversified but through specialization and planning a very new player CAN compete effectively in EVE with even the very best veteran players.  No, they're not going to be able to beat a vet in the area that the vet is strongest in.  But they can, and will, and do, beat vets every day in areas they're NOT concentrated in.  How do I know?  Because my character in EVE has roughly 7-8 months worth of skills.  I've killed several multi-year veteran players.  Sometimes in a gang, sometimes solo.  But in all cases I was perfectly able to hold my own and either contribute to an overall fight or stand up on my own.  Why?  Because I concentrated on one or 2 areas of combat (in my case I am ECM and Missile weapons specialized and have concentrated heavily in those areas.  Because of that I am perfectly capable of holding my own.  I also concentrated heavily on shield skills for defense and fly shield tanking ships.  I didn't try to heavily diversify early on.  I'll save that for a few years down the road.  In 2 weeks i'll actually have my first ever tech 2 ship in EVE.  So it's not like I'm flying anything special in PVP.  I fly a Raven, Scorpion or a Drake (used to be Ferox) in PVP.  I have more kills in a CARACAL than in any other vessel thus far, however.  Because Cruisers is my best skill (other than frigates).   

So, as you can see, you are mistaken.  I'm not saying that you're deliberatly mistaken just you're not 'getting' how skill based games work.  No, a new player will never catch up in TOTAL skillpoints because vets will always be ahead of them in time played.  But YES, in specific categories they CAN catch up, and in many cases surpass, a veteran if they specialize in an area and THEN branch out.

You are additionally incorrect in your assertion that a newbie can't catch/surpass veteran players because you're basing your assumptions on the theory that people never grow tired of the game.  While some will try to tell you that's true it just isn't.  The average lifespan of players in EVE is about 9 months.  That means over 50% of the players of the game LEAVE after (actually before) the 9 month mark.  Which means anyone who sticks with the game longer than that has got more Skillpoints than over 50% of the player base.

So you're wrong for 2 reasons:  1: specialization  2: attrition

But I am probably wasting my time.  And it has nothing to do with the topic re: PVE...

As I posted early on:

I agree with the fact that EVE doesn't deserve best PVE.  IMO EQ2 should have gotten the best PVE award.  As far as which is better between WoW and EVE?  I voted for WoW in the PVE category since there was no other option.   That said I'm glad WoW didn't get an award in that category because, frankly, wow doesn't deserve 'best PVE' anymore than EVE does.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    TO GAMELOADING :What difference does it make if the person is statisically stronger than you if you can still beat him using strategy? Why do you think this as such a bad thing?
  • -Rodriguez--Rodriguez- Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Leasa

Originally posted by -Rodriguez-

Rodriguez You might as well talk to a brick wall.  He doesn't get it, does not want to get, refuses to get it. 

You are probably right...
  • SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    Originally posted by Taram

Gameloading:

You are comparing apples to a sawmill here.  IE: There is no similarity whatsoever.

A level 60, regardless of equipment, will always be more powerful than a level 56 in WoW.  No matter what you do there is no getting around it.  A level 60 will *always* beat a level 56 in WoW, DAOC, EverQuest, etc. ((insert appropriate levels of course))  Barring a major miracle or utter stupidity on the level 60's part.

In EVE a 3 month old character can, in some areas, catch up to, even surpass, a 3 year old character.  Not in ALL areas because the 3 year old character is much more diversified but through specialization and planning a very new player CAN compete effectively in EVE with even the very best veteran players.  No, they're not going to be able to beat a vet in the area that the vet is strongest in.  But they can, and will, and do, beat vets every day in areas they're NOT concentrated in.  How do I know?  Because my character in EVE has roughly 7-8 months worth of skills.  I've killed several multi-year veteran players.  Sometimes in a gang, sometimes solo.  But in all cases I was perfectly able to hold my own and either contribute to an overall fight or stand up on my own.  Why?  Because I concentrated on one or 2 areas of combat (in my case I am ECM and Missile weapons specialized and have concentrated heavily in those areas.  Because of that I am perfectly capable of holding my own.  I also concentrated heavily on shield skills for defense and fly shield tanking ships.  I didn't try to heavily diversify early on.  I'll save that for a few years down the road.  In 2 weeks i'll actually have my first ever tech 2 ship in EVE.  So it's not like I'm flying anything special in PVP.  I fly a Raven, Scorpion or a Drake (used to be Ferox) in PVP.  I have more kills in a CARACAL than in any other vessel thus far, however.  Because Cruisers is my best skill (other than frigates).   

So, as you can see, you are mistaken.  I'm not saying that you're deliberatly mistaken just you're not 'getting' how skill based games work.  No, a new player will never catch up in TOTAL skillpoints because vets will always be ahead of them in time played.  But YES, in specific categories they CAN catch up, and in many cases surpass, a veteran if they specialize in an area and THEN branch out.

You are additionally incorrect in your assertion that a newbie can't catch/surpass veteran players because you're basing your assumptions on the theory that people never grow tired of the game.  While some will try to tell you that's true it just isn't.  The average lifespan of players in EVE is about 9 months.  That means over 50% of the players of the game LEAVE after (actually before) the 9 month mark.  Which means anyone who sticks with the game longer than that has got more Skillpoints than over 50% of the player base.

But I am probably wasting my time.  And it has nothing to do with the topic re: PVE...

As I posted early on:

I agree with the fact that EVE doesn't deserve best PVE.  IMO EQ2 should have gotten the best PVE award.  As far as which is better between WoW and EVE?  I voted for WoW in the PVE category since there was no other option.   That said I'm glad WoW didn't get an award in that category because, frankly, wow doesn't deserve 'best PVE' anymore than EVE does.

Go get an EVE sig, oh wait, have I missed saomethig!?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Taram

Gameloading:

As I posted early on:

I agree with the fact that EVE doesn't deserve best PVE.  IMO EQ2 should have gotten the best PVE award.  As far as which is better between WoW and EVE?  I voted for WoW in the PVE category since there was no other option.   That said I'm glad WoW didn't get an award in that category because, frankly, wow doesn't deserve 'best PVE' anymore than EVE does. I completely agree, and this is actually what I have been saying in this entire topic. Thats why I mentioned in a previous post to leave specializing out of it. I have never claimed that a person who started later can't compete with people who played longer, never. I said that, in terms of numbers, the one who played longer is still stronger, in this case, stronger allround.