Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought SB was free?

kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209
Is it not?

Comments

• ko1oko1o Member UncommonPosts: 117
    It's free, download it, make an account and then play.

• christwariorchristwarior Member Posts: 126

actually its a little more complicated than that. heres the steps to playing SB:

Step 1: create a ubisoft account

Step 2: go to current subscriptions

Step 3: select 'add a subscription' than choose SB (dont worry the subscription is free but they do this because they r retards lol)

Step 4: download SB

Step 5: run SB, create character, & join server

Step 6: HAVE FUN!!!

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Nevermind... just read it here that it's free.

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186
    It's kinda irritating that the site required to sign up will only work with internet explorer.  I try not to use it because its not as secure as firefox.  I wonder what the payoff amount to microsoft is.
  • sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Is all content free?

I see they are still selling The Throne of Oblivion from 2004 for $14.99

store.ubi.com/item.jsp

Is there any reason to buy it?

• darktravestydarktravesty Member Posts: 199
    No reason to buy it, all the game content is 100% free.
  • eltomatosseltomatoss Member Posts: 16
    IST REALY FREE read this   and you will have free access to the lands of Aerynth! This is not a Free-Trial subscription and it will not run out in 15-days. This is completely free.
  • aw3som3n3ssaw3som3n3ss Member Posts: 9
    chris your 6 steps were pretty good except for step #6. I was unable to accomplish such a task so i deleted the game :D
  • Juicy21Juicy21 Member Posts: 3
    lol. Well, Here I go. Going to give SB a shot again. I'm an old school player from back when it first came out, I played on Treachery server. Heard it's changed a lot, look forward to see what it has become since the Wrath server days.
  • SpeedodhSpeedodh Member Posts: 2
  • keolienkeolien Member Posts: 198
    It is free

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by aw3som3n3ss

chris your 6 steps were pretty good except for step #6. I was unable to accomplish such a task so i deleted the game :D
    This was great ty- very clever

Still if your looking for a free game id say you simply can not do better.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• SantpeaSantpea Member Posts: 1
    Are the expansion packs also free ? It's says smtg about free for 15 days ?
  • DenearionDenearion Member Posts: 48

Next time just *try* to read other posts, ok?

This game is totally fully all time free! 15 days free trial is outdated. It is said on main page.

The other problem are servers, that are at this moment off line... in my case. I downloaded game via torrents, bcs fileshack is not free, installed it, patched, created an account and... nothing.

No such user/wrong password info and servers state at http://chronicle.ubi.com/ is N/A

pitty.

BTW check that:

Customer... (just open it with WinAmp - it's m3u)

if u don't want this happen to you, don't play too much image

• RamsieRamsie Member UncommonPosts: 51

The Chronicle does not display the server information properly. There are servers up and playing.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

The game site says you must buy the game.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

You don't though. They also have it on some forums stating that you can just download the trial version but it comes with the entire game and you can play after the 14 days are up, for free. So just download the trial and trust me, I have been playing it for almost a month now on my Vampire, and haven't given them any information to bill.

• DenearionDenearion Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Ramsie
    The Chronicle does not display the server information properly. There are servers up and playing.

OMG... than all these problems with connection were just... problems with incorrectly created account! God Dammit!

And on their forum, in thread dedicaded to servers problems is so much fuss and chaos, that i couldn't understand wth... -_-'

thx

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

ignore the main sites saying its a trial,the game and its 2 expansion packs have been free for over a year now. the only thing you have to do is register an account with ubisoft.

get the full client from gamers hell.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_12979.shtml

Size: 891.5MB

Description:

Existing Shadowbane users can now open up their Account Manager and their accounts will now be working, allowing them to play Shadowbane for free. This does include those who had previously canceled accounts. In addition, those who wish to try out Shadowbane for the first time will also be able to. All you have to do is create a new ubi.com account and then click on Add a Subscription, and you will have free access.

• simplenamesimplename Member Posts: 10

ok, so I got a ubisoft account, now where do I find "current subscriptions"?

• Suo_Eno_1357Suo_Eno_1357 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Most probably you did your regists through your fave FF or any other non-IE.Hell I don't blame ya, I'm weirded out the same way 1st time I did that too.

Get to the Billing page through IE as it's the only supported browser.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Yeah, do it through IE and it will work.

• Mark701Mark701 Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by ko1o

Its free because no one will pay to play it anymore. One of the very worst MMO's I've every experienced.

• StanLee2StanLee2 Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by Mark701

Its free because no one will pay to play it anymore. One of the very worst MMO's I've every experienced.

Ok man. You're a troll. You got your free shot since the internet is anonymous, but you're full of crap.

SB is one of the BEST experiences in the history of MMOs. The city-building, the economy, the P v frigging P is amazing.

Have fun at your next troll convention.

Im downloading the client from Gamer'sHell or wherever, but I just made a ubi.com account...but there's no "Add Subscriptions" link. I AM using Internet Explorer - and that seems to be the problem!

There are tons of pages that come up in Firefox, but wont come up in IE - hell, pages like PC games!

I pasted the billing link into IE and the page was "down" but when I put it into Firefox, it comes up and tells me to use IE! I'd love to get back into this game again, but how???

• KrAv3KrAv3 Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by StanLee2

Originally posted by Mark701

Ok man. You're a troll. You got your free shot since the internet is anonymous, but you're full of crap.

SB is one of the BEST experiences in the history of MMOs. The city-building, the economy, the P v frigging P is amazing.

Have fun at your next troll convention.

Im downloading the client from Gamer'sHell or wherever, but I just made a ubi.com account...but there's no "Add Subscriptions" link. I AM using Internet Explorer - and that seems to be the problem!

There are tons of pages that come up in Firefox, but wont come up in IE - hell, pages like PC games!

I pasted the billing link into IE and the page was "down" but when I put it into Firefox, it comes up and tells me to use IE! I'd love to get back into this game again, but how???

I created my account on ubisoft.com, then went to the shadowbane page and followed a link from there to this site:  https://secure.ubi.com/billing/ and logged in there.  Hit add subscription and it should say free active and the 3 expansion packs in there as well.