Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preordered Vsoh but no code or box

Hey guys,

Last week I pre-ordered Vanguard at Gamestop as I've done many other times for games that were coming out.  But usually you get the game box with a code which gives you access to the games Beta when the Beta opens up to people who've pre-ordered.

Now I know this stage of the Beta where pre-orders are let in is not yet available, that's later on. But I didn't get anything, just a receipt acknowledging I paid a certain amount and my balance due.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Was I suppose to get the game box with the code for it's beta when it's ready?  Or, will this come out later on as we near the date for it? I asked because I read in these same forums where someone wrote they pre-ordered the game and setup the game client.  I don't know what to make of this.

I did ask the guy at Gamestop and he said he wasn'r awred of anything being given out with the preorder other then the receipt.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• BodyARTBodyART Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I don't have a direct answer for you, but I do have the blurb sent out from Sigil and SoE regarding the preorder.  From the wording on the box itself and from this blurb, I'd say you should have gotten the code with the box.  Now if they're waiting on shipping that to you, I don't know.  I'd also try the forums at "www.vanguardsoh.com" and see if anyone there can shed some light.

------------------------

Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online today announced the arrival of “Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” pre-order boxes in select retailers. The boxes should be available starting December 5th, depending on the retailer.

The culmination of years of work in “Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” would not have been possible without its strong community support. In the homestretch before launch, the pre-order program is a perfect way to gear up for the impending release, and gain access to a few goodies as well.

The pre-order box includes the following:

• Early access to the game! Log on and get a jump start up to three days prior to the official launch!

• A special account key that will grant you a unique exclusive in-game scroll, allowing your character to sprint for longer periods of time due to an endurance buff (one per account).

• An invitation to the Vanguard: Saga of Heroes beta (for eligible participants).

• Guild Mail – a fun recruitment tool to help you build your guild before launch!

• A king’s ransom of assets, including videos, wallpapers and screenshots

You can pick up your pre-order boxes at the following retailers – GameStop, Best Buy, Fry’s as well as a few other valued retailers.

“Vanguard: Saga of Heroes” immerses players in a rich, seamless fantasy world filled with mystery and intrigue. The only limits are your own in the world of Telon, where the adventurous can choose from multiple paths of exploration within the three spheres of advancement, Adventuring, Crafting, and Diplomacy. Players can delve into the mysteries of Telon, and embark upon quests to slay monstrous beasts locked deep inside rugged mountain ranges. Those with a quick mind can use diplomacy to convince kings to move armies and change the course of history. With player-crafted boats, flying mounts, and customizable player housing, “Vanguard” offers players a world of their own choosing.

• QforQQforQ Member Posts: 101
    You were supposed to get an actual box with a CD in it.  Sorry about your luck.

Sam "QforQ" Houston
    Senior Social Media Marketing Coordinator
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://www.PerfectWorld.com/blog

• ShadowGuyverShadowGuyver Member Posts: 8
    Now when you say you PRE-ORDERED Vanguard, you mean the full game right?

I ask because if you pre-ordered the full game with Gamestop, that just intitles you to a copy of the full version when Gamestop gets them in stock.

The pre-order DVD for Vanguard was sold at stores for people to buy, in order to let them have access to open-beta and the 3 day head start, but that DVD was software which the store sold for Vanguard, so the store itself has nothing to do with beta or the early start, for that you need the Vanguard Pre-Order DVD.

Here's an images of the one.  Hope it helps