Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grief/gank game

Lai'AhnaLai'Ahna Member Posts: 126
Though, I had fun playing in the beta. It changed after release. Many decided to start hanging out near town so they could gank/grief all the newbs. That is not my style of play. I find no pleasure from other people's missery. Nor, do I need that to show how big I am. So, I just quietly left.

It's all about the fantasy baby!
www.solsticeserver.com

Comments

• zalatoyzalatoy Member UncommonPosts: 65
    And how long ago was this? The game is more mature now. Many things have changed. I personaly never got ganked griefed. I guess it depends on how smart you are.

You should try it again, might like it. Its more noob friendly now.
  • nutButter123nutButter123 Member Posts: 105
    That aspect of the game is unavoidable but you can by pass it.

Yeah, i suggest starting up again. The towns are more empty and theres less grieving.

Its so much easier in the newbie rounds.

Ballistic!

• Lai'AhnaLai'Ahna Member Posts: 126
    You seem to not get my point. I was not being griefed/ganked. I just did not like playing in a game where it was so much a part of the game.

No thank you, I will pass on trying that game again. 

www.solsticeserver.com

• nutButter123nutButter123 Member Posts: 105
    Scared of open PvP?

ok yeah this was a mis match for you.

Ballistic!

• EllChanEllChan Member Posts: 24

I must have missed something.. What is the point of complaining about problems a game had at release years ago when it has changed dramatically since then?

Starter towns are ghost towns these days. Pvp has been restructured so much that there is no longer any benefit to ganking griefing OR training an innocent player. On my server there are only 2 (yep.. 2) people who pk strangers and those 2 only pop up once every 6 months and stick around for a week tops. ooo scary! ;D

Open pvp is what sets L2 apart from other mmorpg's... I just don't see the point in coming here to complain about it. If you don't like open pvp, play another game. Lots of us love it. That's why we're here. :D

Maybe because so many of you always make it a point to do a lot of posting in all PvE games forums crying for PvP to be put in. I did not say I am against PvP. I said I am against the lame grief/gank type.

Have a good day.

www.solsticeserver.com

lol! Well I've never posted on a forum for any PVE game in my life. ^_~ Unlike some people I play games I like and don't worry about the ones I don't like. Fact is this particular game no longer contains any significant amount of grief or ganking, so this is the wrong place really to be discussing a dislike for that particular style of gaming.

Have a good night yourself. :)

• ginfress01ginfress01 Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Lai'Ahna

Maybe because so many of you always make it a point to do a lot of posting in all PvE games forums crying for PvP to be put in. I did not say I am against PvP. I said I am against the lame grief/gank type.
    Have a good day.
    I think it's as stupid as us posting in a full pve game that the game sucks without pvp as you posting here that in a full pvp game that you might be ganked while playing. Stop crying in our forum please and move back to the lovely carebearworld you came from.
  • JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    The point of this thread is what?

Some people like the PvP in L2, some don't. I just don't see why someone would come to the forums after not playing it for years to express their opinion which isn't positive to L2 fans.
  • MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192
    They'd post such a thread because insecurity and other focus abounds.

I figure if people are interested in a game let them try it whether it sucks in your opinion with out dialog unless they asked.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Char is that you? I recongnize your avatar and stuff...

(As you can see from my sig, you can guess who this is)

Anyway shoot me an email, I can give you the low down on this game, I've been playing about a year.

Merry Chrismas kiddo

(and EVERYONE)

Because everyone has a right to be heard. Does not matter if people like what I say or not. Same type of things were said when I had my say about this game back then. No matter because I have lots of foil to wrap around my head for the flaming. lol

www.solsticeserver.com

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936
    Originally posted by EllChan

I must have missed something.. What is the point of complaining about problems a game had at release years ago when it has changed dramatically since then?
    Starter towns are ghost towns these days. Pvp has been restructured so much that there is no longer any benefit to ganking griefing OR training an innocent player. On my server there are only 2 (yep.. 2) people who pk strangers and those 2 only pop up once every 6 months and stick around for a week tops. ooo scary! ;D
    Open pvp is what sets L2 apart from other mmorpg's... I just don't see the point in coming here to complain about it. If you don't like open pvp, play another game. Lots of us love it. That's why we're here. :D
    And why would you say that so many servers are empty?  Basically, because, yes, we've gone on to MMO's with a friendlier atmosphere.  I saw a typical post just two above yours that basically sums up the "in your face" attitude that runs so many away.  Yep, open PvP with absolutely no honor or credits give whatsoever.  Just a lot of chatter, street talk, and trash mouth after the deed has been done.  Mature? Older maybe, but not quite so sure it's actually all that "mature". 

L2 still has the best fighting mechanics in the biz, but the day is coming soon where there shall be a better designed game.  Yeah, I don't mind open PvP, but I agree with the original post as it's disheartening to see that questing has very little to do with this game.  You grind to become stronger in case your clan needs to run to the aid of someone ganked in one of the Necs or Cats.  How many types of weapons and armors do you have as you reach A grade and S grade?  Truly a beautiful game to watch, but the open PvP has little to do with the original storyline.  Politics revolves around "drama queens and kings" that just have a difficult time with cooperation, communication, and stress management.

Here's to you! 

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by Lai'Ahna

Because everyone has a right to be heard. Does not matter if people like what I say or not. Same type of things were said when I had my say about this game back then. No matter because I have lots of foil to wrap around my head for the flaming. lol
    Actually, you don't have a right to be heard. Slamming a game for something that happened to you several years ago in a forum designed for people who enjoy the game is just open trolling... and none  of us need any more of that, thank you.

I don't play L2 anymore (quit years ago) but I don't troll their forums looking for ways to put the game down. Heck, I have no clue what they mean by open pvp here...when I played, anyone who attacked another player outside of sieges or pvp zones went red and risked dropping all their gear.  Things must have changed since those days.

I'd say you're just trying to find ways to up your post count without actually posting anything interesting...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Guys, stop feeding the attention whore!
    Originally posted by alyndale

And why would you say that so many servers are empty? 

I didn't say that servers were empty. I said that starter towns are empty. Game mechanics have changed a great deal in the latest chronicles to help players speed through the first 20 levels.

I actually really enjoy the friendships I have made and the time I spend playing L2, and I am not hostile or "in your face," nor are my companions.  I guess the game experience is what you make of it? I for one haven't come across a whole lot of drama, but I haven't been partied with people lately who stir the sh.. well you know.   Maybe it's like real life.. treat others how you would like to be treated.

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145
    I wonder when the time has come when you can say that the game isn 't good. It obviously doesn't take long with you