Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really amazing...this spam

BiteyBitey Member Posts: 356
I love how Loud Ant is trying to bump down threads of real discussion and public discourse about the nature of "Thrones of Chaos" and gets hits to their site. This whole "ToCNewsBot" is simply one of the LoudAnt Admins/Mods that is in an out-of-control spam fest.

Yet, MMORPG.com won't do anything, they seem to be in somesort of love affair with these idiots. image

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Heh, I've even got ToC fanbois PMing me, telling me that I'm going to "eat crow" and that I "degrade" a game and it's devs I have "no clue about" lol. And ya know, I'm betting I'm not the only one who's getting 'em. Anyone else who posted negatively here on the ToC forum section, getting told how some upcoming "press release" (otherwise known as whatever LAS writes) is going to ""teach us a lesson"?

It also amazes me that these sudden urges by unknown "fanbois" to PM their individual differences of opinion only occur on the same dates as "Official" activity here, such as the day the forum section here opened and then today after the "spam" attack. Not one more peep heard otherwise. I've got a feeling there will be alot of amazing "coincidences" of this sort as the devs kick up the marketing kick.

These guys (Colton and the other devs) hid from here and did not even try to deny anything that was said here in their forum section about this game they love so much. Even the smallest independant developer will post to correct inaccurate info that could damage the image of their game. And so would have LAS, if they didn't know they couldn't prove it wrong. Oh, well. I'm gonna sit back for a week or so and let them use the forums they wanted so bad but didn't use until now, so they could spam links for all the "new" info that has been on the official forums and everywhere else in cyberspace for quite some time, 5+ months ago. That should give them time to throw out enough line to throttle themselves on their own. Enjoy!::::02::

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875
    This is getting to be outrageous. I have recieved all kind of threating PMs and spamming PMs from these LoudAnt fanboy people. I get at least one "Loud Ant Update" PM a week. I asked for none of this, yet somehow I am on Colton's mailinglist or something. The other threating emails come from [email protected] with neat messages like "ignorant clown".

Really mmorpg.com, these people are just as bad as the old mourning crew. But at least, even with my massive thread and fight against the old crew, I didn't recieve spam and nasty PMs.

Originally posted by DerfelCadarn
    This is getting to be outrageous. I have recieved all kind of threating PMs and spamming PMs from these LoudAnt fanboy people. I get at least one "Loud Ant Update" PM a week. I asked for none of this, yet somehow I am on Colton's mailinglist or something. The other threating emails come from [email protected] with neat messages like "ignorant clown".Really mmorpg.com, these people are just as bad as the old mourning crew. But at least, even with my massive thread and fight against the old crew, I didn't recieve spam and nasty PMs.

Iltorque and Identity51 are the same person. I recieved PMs from Identity51 when the forum section was placed here and I made the "Unofficial we hate Mourning/ToC" thread. I still have those PMs in my box and when I read Iltorque's "review" on the hype meter, it was easy to figure out they were the same.

Didn't get any more PMs until they opened up the ToCspambot yesterday and then I got PMs from titanicbbb67 claiming he just browsed the ToC forums here and that I was saying degrading things about the game and it's devs with no clue of what I was talking about. And that a "press release" is coming that would teach me "a lesson". I told him he was welcome to his disillusionment.

Fact is, everytime the PMs start coincide with ToC activity. Forums open here= PMs, ToCspambot starts flooding the ToC forums with 5+ months old "new" crap= PMs. They make it more evident that this is the same operation it's always been and the same people it's always been.

As the launch for the ToC "beta" gets closer, I feel pretty confident that the PMs will increase, the insults on these forums from ToC "fanbois" (who I really do suspect are more likely the devs and/or employees but I can't prove that.....yet) toward members here who consistently catch them in lies and call them out on their statements, as well as animosity toward anyone who doesn"t bow down and worship ToC in general.

And the great thing is, it really won't take long for them to crash and burn this time. The ego's and attitudes that have been constantly exhibited from every incarnation of Mourning previously are already starting to reveal themselves again like clockwork. We don't have to do anything except call 'em out when we know they're wrong or misrepresenting stuff (i.e. 5 month old "new" news, "new" screenshots that are mostly the same ones shown to promote Mourning, etc.) and their tempers and ego's will do the rest.

Double post. Sorry::::07::